Nickel slides

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by 502G, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 502G

502G New Member

Where does one purchase OEM glock nickel slides for a glock 19?

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

The only thing that came from Glock Nickel OEM was actually called an EXO glock. It was a Nickel Boron coating from FailZero. They will probably coat yours as well.
    See their website www.failzero.com

3. 502G

502G New Member

Thanks for the info man!

4. KeenansGarage

Anytime! If you find any other place that does that kind of coating, make sure you let us know.

5. 502G

502G New Member

Will do man.

6. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    That coating looks very good, does anyone have experience with it?

7. KeenansGarage

The little bit of experience I have with it only shows that it is a different coating. Nothing better, nothing worse, just different. I did hear one guy saying how he had it on his hip for 3 days of rainy training, and it had some LIGHT rust on the side of the slide next to his shirt. He also said it rubbed right off. (I don't know if that was from the gun or from the holster or anything else.)

I like them because they are different, and you used to be able to find one for the same price as a regular glock in the stores. BUT, the last one I saw was at a Gun Show for $700.00!!!!!!

Supposedly, the EXO technology does not require lube. Thus, nothing for sand/crud to stick too, making the gun operate smoother in tough conditions. I have not had personal experience on this part.

In summary, cool factor up because it is different. Indifferent on everything else. That is about an objective review I can give with the little experience I have had with an EXO Glock.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have a FailZero BCG in my AR, and love it. It is true that if they put a thin layer on it it will polish off with use, but a true thickness adds to the hardness of the metal and makes it harder for carbon to stick to it. I have seen entire AR's and AK's that have been coated and it makes them last almost forever.

9. one of the local shops has two EXO glocks in stock..........and they ARE proud of them to.

10. CCR does it. I have been thinking about making the investment to try and do the process myself on my extra G19.

11. KeenansGarage

If you do, post pics!

12. For sure! It's always a race between my gun hobby and my beer hobby.

13. KeenansGarage

Did you say beer? You and I will be good friends!

14. Beer, wine, mead, cider I make it all!

15. skymedik

skymedik New Member

Anyone know the approximate cost, or do I need to email and pester the company? :)

16. Pretty sure CCR slides in around $80

17. skymedik

skymedik New Member

Less than expected.... Will give em a shout. Thanks!

18. 502G

502G New Member

I contacted fail zero and the guy responded that the owner was out for the week so as soon as I get a response in the price I will post.

19. skymedik

skymedik New Member

20. bsdurden

bsdurden New Member

http://wmdguns.com/ - will refinish Glock slides in Nickel Boron for $80.00 ... Also ROBAR has their NP3 coating both have built in lubrication properties