Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a g17 for really cheap functions and everything works fine but there is some dents in the slide like a hammer was taken to it was wondering if there's some place that could grind it out and reapply the nickel boron or if there's a home remedy for it thanks

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
No home remedy thats for sure. Damage that severe why not just spend the $140 or less on a brand new slide. Makes no sense to repair it.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
holy cow.....whatever did that was tough and had a fairly tight edge. The pattern makes it look almost like it was hit by a truck while sitting on diamond plate lol.

What makes it interesting it the finish seems unaffected, though it appears like it has been painted since that happened. I'm curious, how much did you pay for the gun? Did they give any indication as to what happened? I probably would not have given them a dime over $250, and i may even be stuck at $200 because that definitely needs to be replaced, not repaired.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Still wondering what did that… wasn't a hammer, I think the Glock was used as a hammer. Hammers are made of softer metal cause if it is too hard then the hammer chips.

·
18,120 Posts
Dang....those are some deep grooves.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Yeah they are, looks like a school of fish.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Looks like the edge of a hammer face hit it. Some folks do hammer the side of the slide. It's a trick to tighten the slide-to-frame fit. Google it and you'll see or buy "making Glocks Rock" it's explained in there too.

However they say to "lightly tap" the side of the slide...that looks like someone was a bit over zealous!

Z

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
those aren't big enough to be from a hammer, unless it is one tiny hammer. Also I need to question the intelligence of anyone who hits a glock with a hammer and thinks it is anything other than retarded.

·
18,120 Posts
Was it a stock NiB coating from the factory? It is interesting how it looks like the coating is in the grooves (as pointed out by nukin already). Did they coat it after the grooves were made? I guess we are more interested in how the grooves were made more than the fact the OP asked about the coatings...

As said earlier, I would replace the slide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I paid 250 for it he just said it was scuffed nothing more or less and I didn't really ask alot of questions cause it still fires and it was cheap I haven't recoated it or anything

1 - 20 of 36 Posts