Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I currently have:
Charter Arms police back up .38
Gen 3 Glock 27
Gen 4 Glock 22
Ruger 10 22 Takedown

My question for my fellow forum members is what should be next? I have been toying with the idea of a tactical 870, but do not know what I should start saving for. Open to all input and discussion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hard to say without knowing what you are really interested in.

If it is a shotgun you are after I think the 870 is a pretty solid buy. I have had a Mossberg 500 Series on my list of firearms to purchase for awhile.

If you are a fan of the 40 caliber Glocks you might want to consider getting the G35...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Selling my Glock 22 to a cousin. Using proceeds to pay for a Ruger LCP and a plain Jane synthetic 870. The LCP will be for the hottest summer carry.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would say first make sure you have sufficient ammo in each of the calibers you shoot. Then if you feel like you "need" something else think about if you need a shotgun or rifle. I think on handguns you have a great variety and good calibers. I would lean towards a rifle IMO because of the range capability. But to me handguns are essential so you have that covered.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I agree with the OP I would look I to a rifle next.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem with a rifle is the 870 is $350 and I don't know what rifles are in that same price range and are of similar quality.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If u had to choose one rifle it should be the Saiga 7.62 x 39. It's around $400 and that round is powerful and cheap. I don't like the idea of a 223 that weighs like a .22. Police are much more scared of a 7.62 then a 223 because of its deadly stopping power even through heavy barriers! And you get the ultimate reliability.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Every arsenal should have a tactical shotgun...

Remington 870 & Mossberg 590a1 comes to mind.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know how much a barrel, stock, grip, and extended magazine would be to convert a stock 870 into a tactical? That way I can hunt with it when I want too. I do not mind purchasing the pieces one at a time.

·
magnificent bastard
46 Posts
I recommend an AK of some kind. If ~$370's your budget, look for a Saiga sporter in 7.62x39, 5.45x39, (cheapest to shoot), or 5.56x45.

As you save up more money, you can make improvements to the gun, (pistol grip conversion, other parts, etc.).

·
Banned
654 Posts
I cannot think of anything I want, it is starting to get boring, I may start reloading .45ACP and 44 magnum or just 44mag, 45 is still cheap

·
magnificent bastard
46 Posts
@Casey:

If for nothing else but to make your collection a well-rounded one, I would recommend a good shotgun. My $0.02.
That's a good suggestion. Picking up something like this might not be a bad idea:

Winchester 1300 Defender, cost me ~$320 a few years ago.

She lives next to my bedside table, and is the firearm I'd grab if awoken by a bump in the night.

Still, an AK is one immensely useful carbine and should be on the short list as well, imo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.