Next purchase.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by casey97, Apr 13, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

What I currently have:
    Charter Arms police back up .38
    Gen 3 Glock 27
    Gen 4 Glock 22
    Ruger 10 22 Takedown

My question for my fellow forum members is what should be next? I have been toying with the idea of a tactical 870, but do not know what I should start saving for. Open to all input and discussion.

2. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Hard to say without knowing what you are really interested in.

If it is a shotgun you are after I think the 870 is a pretty solid buy. I have had a Mossberg 500 Series on my list of firearms to purchase for awhile.

If you are a fan of the 40 caliber Glocks you might want to consider getting the G35...

3. Already have one. Almost bought a Ruger 10/22 tonight!!!

4. casey97

casey97 New Member

Selling my Glock 22 to a cousin. Using proceeds to pay for a Ruger LCP and a plain Jane synthetic 870. The LCP will be for the hottest summer carry.

5. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

An M&P Shield 9mm or a Remington 870...

6. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I would say first make sure you have sufficient ammo in each of the calibers you shoot. Then if you feel like you "need" something else think about if you need a shotgun or rifle. I think on handguns you have a great variety and good calibers. I would lean towards a rifle IMO because of the range capability. But to me handguns are essential so you have that covered.

7. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I agree with the OP I would look I to a rifle next.

8. Bennelli over under.

9. casey97

casey97 New Member

The problem with a rifle is the 870 is $350 and I don't know what rifles are in that same price range and are of similar quality.

10. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

If u had to choose one rifle it should be the Saiga 7.62 x 39. It's around $400 and that round is powerful and cheap. I don't like the idea of a 223 that weighs like a .22. Police are much more scared of a 7.62 then a 223 because of its deadly stopping power even through heavy barriers! And you get the ultimate reliability.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Every arsenal should have a tactical shotgun...

Remington 870 & Mossberg 590a1 comes to mind.

12. casey97

casey97 New Member

Anyone know how much a barrel, stock, grip, and extended magazine would be to convert a stock 870 into a tactical? That way I can hunt with it when I want too. I do not mind purchasing the pieces one at a time.

13. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnificent bastard

CO
    I recommend an AK of some kind. If ~$370's your budget, look for a Saiga sporter in 7.62x39, 5.45x39, (cheapest to shoot), or 5.56x45.

As you save up more money, you can make improvements to the gun, (pistol grip conversion, other parts, etc.).

14. Tape

Tape New Member

I cannot think of anything I want, it is starting to get boring, I may start reloading .45ACP and 44 magnum or just 44mag, 45 is still cheap

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Casey:

If for nothing else but to make your collection a well-rounded one, I would recommend a good shotgun. My $0.02.

16. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnificent bastard

CO
    That's a good suggestion. Picking up something like this might not be a bad idea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winchester 1300 Defender, cost me ~$320 a few years ago.

She lives next to my bedside table, and is the firearm I'd grab if awoken by a bump in the night.

Still, an AK is one immensely useful carbine and should be on the short list as well, imo.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Bought my favorite shotgun brand new at Big-5 for $99.99 plus NICS and tax. It's a Hawk-87, copy of an 870, with ghost ring rear sight.