Next One?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Cracker7, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

I have a G19 now and I'm looking to get a new glock. I was thinking about getting the G32 plus a barrel for the 40sw. My question is, do I need to just get the barrel and I'm good to go, or do i need anything else to make that setup work? Or should I get the G23 and the 357sig barrel? Any difference?

Thanks in advance
    Later

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

G32 and 40 barrel or G23 and 357 barrel, makes no difference, which ever you prefer, and no you don't need anything else, just the barrel switch and you are good to go

3. Why not just feed your G19 some +P+ ammo, same difference as 357Sig IMHO. Also, 9x19mm+P is just as effective as 40S&W or 45acp so unless you've just got cash burning a hole in your pocket that you just have to spend on a new Glock I'd look at getting more mags(while you still can) maybe another holster or two and some good quality Self Defense ammo and call it a day.
    Other wise sell your G19 and get a G26 for CCW and a full size G17 for around the house but still, you're G19 can pretty much Do It All IMHO.

4. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

Thanks for the quick replies and the info. I do agree that the G19 is a do it all. That's why I got that one first. But like most people here, I need more Glocks. lol Plus with the GSSF voucher and discount I can't refuse.

5. bhale187

The 357 sig does get more muzzle energy and velocity than a 9mm +p+, and the 357 sig holds a better bullet drop out to 100 yards, although I don't see many people doing alot of 100 yard shots with a compact pistol :eek:

6. bhale187

diversity is a good thing :D

The G23 is one of my favorite handguns of all time, and the 357 sig is a fun gun to shoot besides being an effective man stopper. If you are thinking mid size pistol in both 40 and 357sig, you can't go wrong with either the G32 or G23

7. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

That's what I was thinking but I just wanted to check with you guys first.

8. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

Is there a major difference in recoil between the full size and the compact?

9. bhale187

It's slight, but its there, certainly controlable with the 40 and 357 sig in the compact anyway. If you are accustomed to standard load 9mm it may take a bit of shooting to get used to it, but its not bad by any means, just more muzzle flip

10. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

Cool. Thanks again. You've been very helpful. I get the feeling at some gun shops around here the guys just don't know what they're talking about or just tell you stuff to make the sale. Seems alot better to ask you guys and get the truth or opinions. Lol

Thanks again