Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am basically new to the Glock forum, been away for a while and now back home to stay for a while (hopefully). I have two G23 gen 4's had a G23 gen 1 and I loved all my glocks. Planning on getting either a G19 gen 4 or a G21 gen 4. I own a Taurus pt145 millenium pro duo tone but had some grievences with it. FF and stove piping... I have put a couple hundred rounds through it and it is getting better... I really like the G21 gen 4.... and the G19 gen 4 but having trouble deciding... would like to buy both but with my government job possibly in jepordy I am holding funds to ensure my families survival. Please advise...

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hey, Jled64, WELCOME to the Forum!

Since you asked, this is what I would do in your shoes: food on the table is more important right now, especially since you already have a nice collection there. It would be a sad day if you found yourself in a position where you had to sell or pawn ANY gun, more so a Glock. That being said, I notice your "wannabuy" selection is either a .45ACP or a 9x19, favoring the '21....you can get (at less cost than a full handgun) a barrel/caliber conversion kit (not sure about G4 compatibility, though...ask an Armorer, we got a couple here!) to convert the caliber of your exisiting Glocks. As a "temporary measure" this may work?. If you absolutely postively MUST buy a new gun, I would get the larger caliber and a conversion kit to smaller caliber.

The other side of the coin is, prices will never (at least not likely) ever come down, so today's high prices would be wishful thinking in about a year.

Anyway, WELCOME!

·
Registered
70 Posts
jled64 said:
Hello all I am basically new to the Glock forum, been away for a while and now back home to stay for a while (hopefully). I have two G23 gen 4's had a G23 gen 1 and I loved all my glocks. Planning on getting either a G19 gen 4 or a G21 gen 4. I own a Taurus pt145 millenium pro duo tone but had some grievences with it. FF and stove piping... I have put a couple hundred rounds through it and it is getting better... I really like the G21 gen 4.... and the G19 gen 4 but having trouble deciding... would like to buy both but with my government job possibly in jepordy I am holding funds to ensure my families survival. Please advise...
I just bought a new Gen 4 G19 and love it! It's ate about 400 rounds so far, nothing but love.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reponses advice and welcomes...:) I really do appreciate the advice especially the barrel/ caliber conversion kit, thanks Happysniper1!!! I have a former military buddies became a glock armorer, I'll definitely ask him!!!! Thanks again!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts