Newbie Question: Is it ok to put a round on the chamber.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pierre, May 19, 2012.

1. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Im kindda scared to put a round on the chamber while carrying my glock

2. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

If you ever need to use it, you won't have time to chamber a round then. Consider yourself dead. I AWLAYS have a round chambered.

3. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome to the forum "Pierre"!

The Glock will only fire if you pull the trigger, just like a revolver. Go ahead and load the chamber.

4. We have many threads on carrying condition one and/or plus one.

Welcome aboard!

5. jerzyfresh

jerzyfresh New Member

NJ
    If its not loaded its a paper weight In my eyes, If your not comfortable carrying with one in the pipe don't, because it means your not 100% confident in your gun handling skill and you mite hurt your self or orhers .. Take your time ..

6. nfmus209

nfmus209 New Member

I think a certain amount of fear is a good thing, when you get too comfortable accidents happen. That being said always be careful and one in the chamber will never be a problem, cops and citizens do it everyday.

7. Very well said!

8. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Get ye to the range, young person and get un-scared.;)

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Almost made me snort my chocolate shake when I read that!

Welcome, as Nukin said, there are plenty of threads on the subject.

I feel that without a round in the chamber you might was well carry a hammer.

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Pierre, and WELCOME to the Forum!

I have made an adjustment to the title of your thread, and moved it to Introductions, so other Members can welcome you and give opinions on your question.

It would be very nice if you could tell us more about you and your Glock/s.

Cheers!

11. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Without a good holster I wouldn't carry one in the chamber. Just slowly build you confidence up and make sure you are being 100% safe. Always treat the gun like its load it. And point in a safe direction while unloading and triple chamber check just to be safe. You can never be too safe. I'll carry one in the chamber but I'm super
    Paranoid about making sure the holster is clear and it will slide in nice and safe. As long as you understand the safety concept your confidence will eventually allow you to holster safely with one in the chamber.

12. Welcome to the forum!!! You will find both responses, for and against. For me, it would be for 1 in the chamber because you do not have time to rack one in, in a life or death situation, you might as well be dead without one in there.

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Pierre !!

If your scared with a round in the chamber...maybe you should rethink carrying a firearm.

14. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Welcome!! My $.02...... Carrying without a round in the chamber is like having a car with no gas in the tank!!
    Get to know your gun, and yourself with it!!

15. One other thing I would recommend is buying a pack of "A-Zoom" snap caps.... I do dry fire training with them all the time.... plus they will help you get more comfortable with your gun if you practice with dummy ammo around the house. just be 150% that you do not have live ammo ANYWHERE near you when you are practicing and cycling dummy ammo through

16. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! As I'm sure you can already tell this a really friendly and helpful bunch. :) I hope you enjoy yourself here.

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Pierre! This is a great forum, enjoy. Personally, I see no reason to have my gun if it does't have one in the chamber.

18. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome Pierre. what glock/s do you own?
    Once I start carrying, mos def there will be one chambered