Newbie Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chukar, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Hello all! Great group you have here and solid informational resources. I've been contemplating on picking up a pistol for home def/carry/leisure. Still not 100% on going CC.

I got sucked into the 9mm v .40 v .45 debate and I'm really leaning to the Glock 23 with a 9-conversion. The wife will handle the smaller cartridge better i think, so there is tht. REALLY like the idea of ISHTF, the NATO round is all over and readily avail. Dad reloads the .40... Long and short of it is that I'll be practicing A LOT regardless of the caliber.

I did do the 10/22 thing and all the mods and tweaks and stuff, fun...but don't think I'll do that to the pistol. Basic sights and comfort...not gonna try and break any speed records.

I know that in these forums, Ask 10 guys their opinion, you'll get 12 answers and a bunch of "Did you try doing a search?"...ha!

Alonzo

2. Welcome to the forum. G27 FTMFW!!!

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

You won't find people telling you to search in these parts. Welcome to the Glock Forum Alonzo!

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Alonzo (Chukar), and WELCOME to the Forum!

I think you will find a more palatable flavor in forums over here.

To offer my opinion: you are on the right track with a .40SW and 9mm conversion: best of both worlds.

+ The ompf! of a .40 when you need it,
    + The economy and ease of shooting 9mm when you wanna practice or just have fun.

Also, if you get into reloading your own ammo, you can build up some incredible supplies of ammo at home.

Cheers!

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum. Instead of listening to others opinions, find a range where you can rent guns and try them for yourself :) That's what I did. No matter what anyone else says you should get, it comes down to what feels right for you and what you can handle/afford.

6. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Baaahhh, of course there is an intro forum...ok. Noob-0
    Forum-1

So, I do have a shop that rents them to try and I'm certainly going to do that first... G19, G23, plus the XDs for a compare. Try before you buy...guns, fly rods, etc.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Oops! You noticed I moved it ?!

No biggie, my friend :D

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Chukar !!

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

That sounds like a good plan right there! If you ever do want to do CC, think about body size and gun size. I'm 5'11" 180, and I can conceal a compact Glock (19, 23) but I would not be able to conceal a full-size unless I wore super baggy clothing.

10. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum Chukar! Stick around, you will like it here!