Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there found this forum while checking out some glock pistols... Gonna buy one but kinda having second thoughts coz of the usa version sold here... Coz my friends said that its not just the same as the one made in austria... Hoping i could get some tips from u guys :) tnx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im a firefighter here in the philippines and yes i love guns hehehe and thankful that i can buy my own gun right now :) planning to join in some competitions and also for carry and glock caters both..

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Vulcan.Enjoy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tnx but dont have my glock yet... Is the usa version ok for competitions and stuff?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
As far as I know all glocks are made to the same Glock specs. Sorry I don't have better info. for you but give it some time and some other very knowledgeable members will answer this for you. Don't worry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup looking forward on that hehehe also having some thoughts on what to buy a 19-17 hehe im a medium built guy... Which wud u prefer?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
All GLOCKS are made in Austria. All GLOCK OEM parts are made in Austria. The only difference between USA GLOCKs and Austrian GLOCKs is the USA ones are ASSEMBLED here in America. The assembly process is exactly the same. They are assembled by hand and American GLOCKs are better in that respect because America kicks ass!!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Also, we thank you for Manny Pacquiao, Rock Island Armory, and Armscor.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Yup looking forward on that hehehe also having some thoughts on what to buy a 19-17 hehe im a medium built guy... Which wud u prefer?
Personally, I am a larger guy and I own the 21 and the 23 but I would say everyone in here has their own preference. I went to the store and held my guns and just made sure they felt good in my hands until I was sure. The 19 and 17 are great guns. I would hate having to leave either one behind.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Argyle_Armoring said:
All GLOCKS are made in Austria. All GLOCK OEM parts are made in Austria. The only difference between USA GLOCKs and Austrian GLOCKs is the USA ones are ASSEMBLED here in America. The assembly process is exactly the same. They are assembled by hand and American GLOCKs are better in that respect because America kicks ass!!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Also, we thank you for Manny Pacquiao, Rock Island Armory, and Armscor.
Ur welcome hehehe and tnx for the info...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dutchs said:
Personally, I am a larger guy and I own the 21 and the 23 but I would say everyone in here has their own preference. I went to the store and held my guns and just made sure they felt good in my hands until I was sure. The 19 and 17 are great guns. I would hate having to leave either one behind.
Ow... Gud thing there u can go to a gun store and try gripping some pistols... Here we just rely on forums and some here-says... Haha does it feel different when handling the 17 or 19 like is it bigger or a medium size person can grip the 19 better than the 17?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I prefer the 17 over the 19 when I'm shooting. The 17 has a longer sight radius and the larger grip area allows more skin contact for better control while shooting. The circumference is the same just the 17's grip is longer. I'm 5'8" (1.72 meters) and 177 lbs (80.28 kg) and I handle the 17 just fine. You shouldn't notice much recoil difference between the 17 and 19.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Ow... Gud thing there u can go to a gun store and try gripping some pistols... Here we just rely on forums and some here-says... Haha does it feel different when handling the 17 or 19 like is it bigger or a medium size person can grip the 19 better than the 17?
I would say 19 being a compact and the 17 being full size the compact would be easier for a smaller hand to grip. That being said, I have very average size hands and the 21 is full size and the 23 is compact, I like my 21 best. Sorry to sound like I am not answering but it is really all up to feel in my mind.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yeah, I'm at work and have been here for 8 hours now. I'm still waiting on my relief to get here. So while I'm here I just sit on the forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Argyle_Armoring said:
Yeah, I'm at work and have been here for 8 hours now. I'm still waiting on my relief to get here. So while I'm here I just sit on the forum.
Hehe same here im on duty right now so just waiting for any fire call hope theres none hehe... Stil have 11 hours bedore i get off :) lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made up my mind gonna get my glock 17 tomorow :) tnx for the advices hehehe and hope more to come... Lol i rili nid to learn more of the glock... TIA

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Made up my mind gonna get my glock 17 tomorow :) tnx for the advices hehehe and hope more to come... Lol i rili nid to learn more of the glock... TIA
Good choice, you can't go wrong with a Glock. And actually the American ones are partially manufactured in America. The finish is a little bit different, but it will still be quality. Glock wouldn't put it on the market if it wasn't Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts