Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thanks for allowing me to join your merry group. Been carrying a Glock 22 since the early 90's until my retirement in 2007 as my duty weapon. I was one of the first guys on my dept. to carry an autoloader, a S&W Mod 59 in the late 70's. When the dept. decided to issue weapons they went with the Glock 22 in the very early 90's. I bought my own Gen 2 and have been a Glock fan ever since. I ran gunshop in the late 70's into the 80's and swore I'd never have "one of those POS plastic guns." After I got mine I realized how wrong I was. My 22 has been carried on my side through blizzards on snowmobile patrol, went for a swim when I chased a perp into the lake, and has never let me down. I still have it on my nightstand for my home protection handgun. I have many other handguns and long guns, but the Glock is my first home defense choice for it's reliability.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Hi There Oafdawg, I remember the S&W 59's. They were pretty popular about the time Colt put out the Delta Elites. Anyway, welcome to you. Enjoy.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Hey Oafdoag, thanks for serving! We have a lot of LEO's and Ex- military here, you"ll feel right at home. Welcome

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Stick around, it gets fun in here.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! And thanks for your service. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.