New with a Question: Owners manual

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tbone, May 20, 2012.

1. Tbone

Tbone New Member

New to the form I have a question just bought a 19 gen 4 and the owners manual that came with the gun gives me a brake down of a 17. Is there a difference between g 19 manual and a g 17 manual?

2. silver04v

silver04v New Member

No, it's just a size difference. Everything works the same.

3. Welcome to the forum!!! And nope, the 19 is the compact version of the 17, all the internals are the same :) Congrats on your purchase!!

4. Tbone

Tbone New Member

Thanks guys. One more question. The rear sight on my 19 are fixed. Are they fixed on the 17 to or am I missing something. Because the manual says the ate adjustable.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, TBone, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Renamed your thread so others know it's an Intro as well...

As others have said, the G19 and the G17 are identical within Generation with each other except for the barrel and slide lengths. One manual applies to both.

Don't ya just love the simplicity of Glocks?

Cheers!

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Rear sights are often drift-adjustable, but some models were sold with fancy sights that are drift- and elevation-adjustable as well as with nights sights.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Tbone !!

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Tbone. I did notice in my Gen 4 they have an additional part in the manuel for Gen 4 But the rest is the same for all models. Welcome and Enjoy.

9. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome Tbone. and congrats on your new Glock purchase. Is it your first?

10. Tbone

Tbone New Member

Yup first glock I've been waiting a while to get my own. It will be a blast to shoot I'm sure of it!!!

11. Exactly, the stock sights are "adjustable" only to the point of drifting either way to the left or right, but they are considered "fixed sights" too

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Tbone. I have a G19 as well as absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy yours and the Forum.

13. Tbone

Tbone New Member

Thanks for all the advice and welcomes. Noticed a little surface rust in the slide rails while cleaning my gun I picked up this morning. Is this a area of concern to look out for or is this something natural for a brand new gun? The manual doesn't show to lube the rails on the slide. Like I said its brand new and I wanted to disassemble and clean before my next outing.

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

The copper stuff that looks like rust is actually a special grease/break in lube that comes on all new Glocks. It's not anything to be concerned about.

15. Tbone

Tbone New Member

Right on GAgal. Very helpful