Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the form I have a question just bought a 19 gen 4 and the owners manual that came with the gun gives me a brake down of a 17. Is there a difference between g 19 manual and a g 17 manual?

·
Banned
767 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! And nope, the 19 is the compact version of the 17, all the internals are the same :) Congrats on your purchase!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. One more question. The rear sight on my 19 are fixed. Are they fixed on the 17 to or am I missing something. Because the manual says the ate adjustable.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, TBone, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Renamed your thread so others know it's an Intro as well...

As others have said, the G19 and the G17 are identical within Generation with each other except for the barrel and slide lengths. One manual applies to both.

Don't ya just love the simplicity of Glocks?

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Rear sights are often drift-adjustable, but some models were sold with fancy sights that are drift- and elevation-adjustable as well as with nights sights.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tbone. I did notice in my Gen 4 they have an additional part in the manuel for Gen 4 But the rest is the same for all models. Welcome and Enjoy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup first glock I've been waiting a while to get my own. It will be a blast to shoot I'm sure of it!!!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Exactly, the stock sights are "adjustable" only to the point of drifting either way to the left or right, but they are considered "fixed sights" too

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Tbone. I have a G19 as well as absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy yours and the Forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice and welcomes. Noticed a little surface rust in the slide rails while cleaning my gun I picked up this morning. Is this a area of concern to look out for or is this something natural for a brand new gun? The manual doesn't show to lube the rails on the slide. Like I said its brand new and I wanted to disassemble and clean before my next outing.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Noticed a little surface rust in the slide rails while cleaning my gun I picked up this morning. Is this a area of concern to look out for or is this something natural for a brand new gun?
The copper stuff that looks like rust is actually a special grease/break in lube that comes on all new Glocks. It's not anything to be concerned about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts