Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's just an old gun, but I am very excited about a new acquisition. A 1906 Winchester pump 22 that was my grandfathers first gun, and the one my father taught me gun safety with. (I am almost giddy). Now to clean, lube, and get reacquainted!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
AWESOME!

I LOVE old guns, especially the ones that still shoot.

Congrats!

D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Lugwrench said:
Anyone have is suggestions on removing light rust on this old relic? Dad kept it propped up in the closet for the last 30 years.
Start with "neverdull"

Helped me get the rust scale off of my mosin.

D

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've got one of those, too! My dad bought it when he was in high school and it's one of two different .22s that I learned to shoot with as a kid. I can remember the "power" of pumping a shell into that baby! It's a nice little shooter.

My dad gave it to me a couple years ago. He's in his 70's and he wanted to make sure there was no fighting over any of his stuff after he passes. I am happy to have received several of his guns! He and I have done a lot of shooting together so he knows they have come to a good home.

Clean yours up, give it a nice oil rub-down, and go put a box or two of shells through it. You'll both be happy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts