New to the World of Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by Gun_Aficionado, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Hi all! I just purchased a G17 G4 and love it was a Revolver guy a while back. Had been without a handgun for sometime and then moved to Phx Az. So decided to buy a gun went to range shot many pistols and fell for the g17!this is an awesome gun and I love it!

Attached Files:

2. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

Damn that G17 is sweet! Nice pick of holster too! I also carry with white hat holster.
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to Az

3. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks I am learning and really like crimson trace, have lg-850 and ltg-736. I am impressed with white hat they went above and way beyond to help me out! I really like all my gear looking at buying G26 g4 as a BUG with Galco ankle light holster. Looking forward to entering a GSSF event! Just joined with multi year to take advantage of pistol discount program... First g 26 then g 19 then we will see...

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I love my Maxtuck as well! Welcome to the forum, and that is a mighty fine looking gun you have there.

5. Gun_Aficionado

Thanks Jimmy! I really like the G17. I have to be honest I had a bit of buyers remorse as after I bought my G17 I was reading and found that the G19 had a huge following... Did I buy the wrong gun, I asked myself but after I got my max tuck all that went away! As I was concerned about concealing it in casual business wear (slacks and dress shirt tucked) but my holster does a great job and I love my G17! I weigh in at a whopping 165lbs at 5'11 so for full frame Glock with the extras not to print obvious was great!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. Gun_Aficionado

Oh went for CCW class permit on the way! And going to a few more classes here soon...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum djlorenzana !!

I like the look of your Gen4 G17...

8. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

Welcome to phx Arizona. There is Alot of people from phx on this forum. Which range do you go to?

9. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I usually go to Casewells off the 60 and Stapley
    And for the desert shooting I go to Sycamore off the 87 beeline

10. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

Caswells is pretty awesome. Have you ever been to shooters world or Scottsdale gun club?

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Where the heck do you put it at? lol I'm about your size, 5'11" 180, and I have a hard time concealing my Glock 23.

12. Gun_Aficionado

I am a member at shooters world in Phx up by indian school. I am surprised we do not have a GSSF match in PHX only in Tucson??? Have not been to Caswells.

D.

13. Gun_Aficionado

Jimmy, The white hat holster works great I am in my office right now met with a bunch of VP's and it is holding on the right side between the 3 -5 oclock position.

14. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Very nice set up.. :rolleyes:

15. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Nice weapon!

16. Gun_Aficionado

Thanks! I learned today that I shoot better in weaver stance than isosceles stance...

17. Gun_Aficionado

Went to range today for private class I was having trouble with marksmanship... Had watched to many videos and all pushing a kinda isosceles stance so when I got my Glock was trying to adapt.. Was aiming dead center and shot going left... My mom was a cop and she taught me to shoot in weaver stance back in late 80's funny how it is the instructor put me in a weaver after checking sights grip arms trigger pull and once in weaver dead center shots! So I guess I am a weaver man! It was fun went through 200 rounds did some tactical reloads and enjoyed it going to class on 14th and 15th at shooters world in Peoria AZ for defensive pistol 1. Really looking forward to that. Took my class with Jeffery Solmon great instructor he taught CCW course he did a great job explaining everything and lot's of shoot no shoot scenarios. Liked his class so much I took the private lesson with him and he is the instructor on the defensive pistol 1 class planning on taking defensive p 2 and combat P 1 with him as well and if the wallet allows combat p 2.

18. leb686

leb686 New Member

Nice set up man, great minds think alike! How do you like that holster it pulls Out easy with the light/laser combo

19. Gun_Aficionado

Most definitely! On both counts smooth all the way and comes with instructions to adjust but right out of package worked just right for me... You need to test with it on as it is designed to work with pressure from body...