New to the Glock world

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jce19, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Jce19

Jce19 New Member

Hey everyone, So, just picked up my Gen 3 G19 last week, it's my 2nd pistol and my first Glock. I picked It up and immediately took her home lubed her up and took it out to my local range. After 200 rounds I've got to say I'm super impressed and very pleased with it. Definitely different than my other pistol a Sig SP2022 so it will take a bit to adjust but so far I am more than pleased with it. Soooo I'm just trying to get as much info on it, have a few ideas of things I want to get done and look into getting for it. Looking into a mag extender (+0 for stupid CA laws) stippling, mag release extender and slide lock extender are first on my list of to do's. Don't really want to change a whole lot, just some stuff to help with grip and over all feel. So definitely looking for recommendations on good sites to order quality parts etc. other than that, excited to join the Glock community and looking to add more to my collection in the near future. oQDcTOzhQZmtgRnQPQRu4Q.jpg %ZhFlRA8Rpmj2bLDWTlrDg.jpg fullsizeoutput_13a8.jpeg

Donn~, Ten Man and Southlake like this.
  2. Lars1

Lars1 Active Member

Welcome to the forum from Northeast Kansas. I think you will be able to find more information than you thought existed on this site. Many knowledgeable people on here, unfortunately I'm not one of them

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum

Jce19 likes this.
  4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma and congrats on your first Glock.

Jce19 and Steelie68 like this.
  5. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum.

Jce19 likes this.
  6. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I see you are in California. It is my understanding that they only allow Gen 3 Glocks. Fortunately for you, Gen 3 Glocks may be the most reliable pistol ever made.

I caution you on changing anything on your 19.

You might want to think about running 5,000 rounds of ammo through it and let it settle in before you make any changes.

Unlike most firearms, Glocks are meant to be run hard and often.

There are many members on here that have run well over 100,000 rounds before making any changes to their Gen 3's.

Jce19 and rbbeers like this.
  7. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

To Jim's point...
    While Glocks don't require a break-in period, they do indeed tend to run smoother after several hundred to a few thousand rounds... they sorta 'self polish' all the mating surfaces.

As Jim suggested, I'd also recommend that you let the pistol 'self polish' before any tinkering.

Just sayin'...

Best regards,

Bob

Peepaw, Jce19 and Southlake like this.
  8. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome from Arkansas; kind of the opposite of CA as far as gun laws - we hunt with silencers here...

Curious why a magazine extension if you can't add rounds; just for an extra pinky grip?

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome aboard from North Texas!
    If the grip is a little short, as it is for me, a Magpul magwell is cheap and feels good.

Jce19 likes this.
  10. rbbeers

GLOCK Gen 3 Mid and Full Size Model grip extension
    http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-19

"These Grip Extensions replace the magazine base plate providing better comfort and control by adding approximately 1/2 inch of gripping surface. They do not alter the capacity of the magazine. Fits Gen 3 models 17,18,19,22,23,24,25,31,32,34,35,37,38 - Full Metal Lined Magazines Only."

Jce19 and Southlake like this.
  11. Jce19

Jce19 New Member

I'm 6'4" so my hands aren't little lol. The 19 grip isn't bad but I'd still like to add a little bit more real estate for my grip.

12. Jce19

Jce19 New Member

I fully agree and again really don't want to change much that will affect the guns performance etc. I really only want to change small things to make me feel more comfortable with it. Like extensions for the mag release and slide lock. I find the ones on it now are tiny so I just want something a bit bigger and easier to press. As for the stippling and mag extension that's for better feel and grip. I've shot a glock with a stippling job and really liked how it felt.

TheKraken, Southlake and rbbeers like this.
  13. rbbeers

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a member of the 'Terminology Police'. :rolleyes: :D

Since you are new to Glocks, just so you are aware and order the part(s) you really want, Glocks have a 'slide lock' AND a 'slide stop lever'... BOTH have extended variants which may be easier for you to manipulate. (The stock parts are shown below.)

Glock Slide Lock, Fits All Models except G36, G42, G43
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/301

Glock Slide Stop Lever & Spring, Fits 9mm, .40S&W, .357Sig Marked 2912, 2912-2, 2912-3
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/2919

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bob

Southlake and Jce19 like this.
  14. Jce19

Jce19 New Member

That's exactly what i was looking for, the longer "slide lock lever" awesome, thanks.

Southlake and rbbeers like this.
  15. rbbeers

You're very welcome.

Just to be clear, I illustrated the stock (short) parts in post #13.

In my opinion, a good source for the extended slide lock lever is NDZ...

NDZ BLACK EXTENDED SLIDE LOCK LEVER FOR GLOCK GEN 1-5
    https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-Glock-Gen-1-5-AL-Ext-Slide-Lock-Lever-Black-p/ndz-esll-17-blk.htm

And, if you're ever interested, in my opinion, good sources for the extended slide stop lever are MGW and NDZ...

Glock Extended Slide Stop Lever & Spring, Fits 9mm, .40S&W, .357Sig, Marked 7482-1 on Back
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/7496

GLOCK 7496 OEM EXTENDED SLIDE STOP RELEASE LEVER GEN 2-4
    https://www.ndzperformance.com/glock-7496-3-pin-ext-slide-stop-release-G17-G35-p/glk-sp07496.htm

Note: Ordering both parts from NDZ qualifies for 'Free Shipping'.

Sorry for any confusion. :)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Southlake and Jce19 like this.
  16. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

Jce19 likes this.
  17. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

Howdy from Georgia.

Jce19 likes this.
  18. Jce19

Jce19 New Member

yeah i noticed that. still a good site to hold onto for the future. appreciate the the help with both sites etc.

rbbeers likes this.
  19. rbbeers

Cool!

You're welcome.

Good luck! :D

Best regards,

Bob

Jce19 likes this.
  20. MWJOHNSON

MWJOHNSON Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member Supporter

SE Texas
    Welcome to the forum from SE Texas!!. The G19 Gen 3 is quite possibly one of the finest firearms produced by any manufacturer. I'm currently looking for one that will be purchased in the near future

Jce19 and Southlake like this.