Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a spur of the moment Glock 43X that was a month old and looks like it hasn't had a round thru it. I've been carrying a 19 gen3 for daily carry in a DeSantis Infiltrator Air IWB and already ordered another one for the 43x, Love that holster. A couple of questions.

1) What defense rounds do you guys recommend. I carry Critical Duty 135 +Ps in my 19 and my 19X (nightstand gun). Does the 43X handle +Ps ok and should I go down to 124 gr in the shorter barrel.? I'm open to ideas, I do like the Hornady's

2) What should I look for in higher cap mags? The 10+1 is ok, I'd like to check out 12's if there are any available and do I have to update the mag release?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Today I use the same defensive rounds, Winchester 147 JHP in my Glock 17, Glock 19 and Glock 26.

I am a retired LEO so we were once issued the Winchester 117 JHP +P+ and I used them in the Glock 26. It is not so much as if the Glock can handle it but if you can manage the round in the smaller pistol.

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
As to other than OEM 10 round magazines there is only Shield 15 rounds that I'm aware of and yes you need to replace the hem magazine catch.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
5 Posts
As to other than OEM 10 round magazines there is only Shield 15 rounds that I'm aware of and yes you need to replace the hem magazine catch.

I just picked up the Shield Arms S15 magazines and changed over the extractor (Nvoke Stainless Steel). I can only get 14 rounds in the magazine, though. I have been told firing 100 rounds through it will resolve the issue.

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
I just picked up the Shield Arms S15 magazines and changed over the extractor (Nvoke Stainless Steel). I can only get 14 rounds in the magazine, though. I have been told firing 100 rounds through it will resolve the issue.
They are difficult to fully load at first and a Maglula loader helps.

Reactions: 202 and Danzig

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I stopped at a local store to pick up some sale ammo and they had one S15 mag in-stock, so I bought. I ordered the S-15 mag release on line. Any suggestions on replacement sights? I have Trijicons on all my other glocks. I may want to try something else, considering fiber optics.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Id stick with hornady critical defense 115 gr. Have put about 100 of them through my 43x with no issues. I wish they still offered the nickel plated but are just brass cased in the critical defense, i started polishing my carry rounds that way its easier to spot any tarnishing or corrosion.

I have a brand new shield arms mag and mag catch that i would of made you a deal on.

As for sights these in my opinion are the only 2 i would use and ive tried 6 different ones. Either go with the trijicon hd night sights or the night fision sights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I took it to the range today. It shoots fine, a bit more recoil than my 19's. Which I get tighter groups with, but this gun is not close to broken in. I do need to get a mag loader. Still going to order sights. This is the first 20 rounds this gun has seen at 7 yards, not bad, not great. I'm left eye dominant and mostly a righty shooter, but I shoot ok lefty too.
Azure Font Gas Paint Electric blue

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Well I took it to the range today. It shoots fine, a bit more recoil than my 19's. Which I get tighter groups with, but this gun is not close to broken in. I do need to get a mag loader. Still going to order sights. This is the first 20 rounds this gun has seen at 7 yards, not bad, not great. I'm left eye dominant and mostly a righty shooter, but I shoot ok lefty too.
View attachment 279596
Thats every bit as good as the grouping i can get lol, looks fine to me

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just picked up a spur of the moment Glock 43X that was a month old and looks like it hasn't had a round thru it. I've been carrying a 19 gen3 for daily carry in a DeSantis Infiltrator Air IWB and already ordered another one for the 43x, Love that holster. A couple of questions.

1) What defense rounds do you guys recommend. I carry Critical Duty 135 +Ps in my 19 and my 19X (nightstand gun). Does the 43X handle +Ps ok and should I go down to 124 gr in the shorter barrel.? I'm open to ideas, I do like the Hornady's

2) What should I look for in higher cap mags? The 10+1 is ok, I'd like to check out 12's if there are any available and do I have to update the mag release?
The only way to upgrade the 43X with more rounds in the mag is to go with Shield Arms 15 round mags but you have to change the mag release to their metal release. The standard polymer mag release can’t handle the metal 15 round mag w/o being torn up. The downside is you can’t use the original 10 round polymer magazines with the new release. The mags won’t release and drop with the new metal version. I have tried multiple times. This is according to Shield Arms customer service. There are not any other options available for additional rounds for the 43X.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I use sheild 15 rounders

·
Registered
78 Posts
I only carry Glock factory mags for CCW / EDC use. From the looks of your target 10 should do it! Also Hornady Critical Defense ammo for carry ammo. Sights I prefer the black rear with fiber front from Steel City Arsenal, decent price and they offer a Veteran discount. But then, that's what works for me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts