New to Guns and Glock was the choice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Andyman85, May 8, 2012.

1. Andyman85

Andyman85 Active Member

In past 2 months I decided to buy my first gun. It was a G21 Gen 4, then it was a G17 Gen 4, and then a G22 Gen4. I'm looking to go smaller like a G36 .45 or a G26 9mm? Your choice and why?

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Andy, I believe you have officially caught that damn Glock Bug! Welcome to the Glock Forum!

3. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Id go g36 personally I like the stopping power of a 45. Welcome to the forum you'll learn a lot here and everyone is extremely helpful you will find.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Andyman85, WELCOME to the Forum, and congratulations on your growing family of Glocks!

Personally, I have and love the G26 and G30, perfect size (once you put the grip extensions on) for easy concealment, plus you could use G17 mags in the '26 or G21 mags in the '30, a task made especially easier with slip-on extensions like the X-Grip.

Again, WELCOME!

*Moved to Introductions*

5. jtk07

jtk07 New Member

Hello Andy,

I too have recently been in the toss up between 9mm and 45 (even looked at a 1911) before settling on my glock - I chose 40 cal right in the middle - more fun to shoot IMO than the 9 (a little more to shoot tho) - consider this, if your like me and being this is your first glock you will want to shoot it alot! I went with the 40 its mid range price makes it a pleasure to shoot also I think it will make a great EDC and also has toe option to shoot 9mm :) the best advise i can give is from my own personal experience - go to the range rent a few and find out what you like best! Keep price and purpose in mind while shooting :)

6. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I carry the g36 everyday and I love it.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Welcome to the forum. Your question is a tough one. I suggest to get them all, that is what I am doing. I prefer the 40 cal g 27 for CCW.

9. Welcome to the forum. I prefer the stopping power of the G 30.