Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I am really new to this gun ownership hobby. Seriously..., I just bought my 1st gun three weeks ago. And I've only shot a gun 3~4 times in my life..., I'm 37. O_O I found the GlockForum while searching for accessories for my new home defense companion. ;-) Let me start by praising what a great website this is. A lot of helpful information and well rounded conversation here. It is good to read all the opinions and helpful informations on here. After browsing a few threads, I feel so much better on my choice of the Glock 23 Gen 4 as my very first handgun. I had to make the decision on my own pretty much because I don't really know anyone that are experts on firearms.

Anyways, I don't want to make this a long post. So thanks for reading. :)

Btw, the APP for the GlockForum is great! Very well organized, easy to read, and use. It has a lot of potential to be an awesome app. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who has an iPhone or iPad. I am using it on the iPad. I don't know if it is on the android though??

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
It is on Android! Welcome to the forum and the 23 is a very good choice, just happens to be my every day carry!! Welcome and join in and enjoy!

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome Dutchs and Glock88. I got the 23 mainly for home defense. I was going to use it as a CCW but I think it might be a bit big, now that I have a TLR-2s on it. I love the Glock so much now, that I am thinking about getting a subcompact version of the 9mm or .45acp for CCW. I might have to wait until next year though... the ball & chain isn't too crazy about spending all this money. My new hobby can get really expensive. ;-)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
You have the addiction..... It gets worse friend. It really is fun though!!! Good luck!

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Welcome, AsianKracker! Make yourself at home.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome to the Forum AK, and congratulations on the the new G23 Gen4.

See you out on the Forum.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Eye_Peeled and SeventiesWreckers.

You have the addiction..... It gets worse friend. It really is fun though!!! Good luck!
Yah, you aren't kidding, Dutchs. I saw the RONI pistol-carbine conversion kit on one of the threads. I practically peed my pants. So I started searching for it online. Holy cow it's expensive. As awesome as it is, I just can't justify spending $400 for a conversion kit. I would rather invest that money on another Glock. ;)

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
AsianKracker said:
Thanks Eye_Peeled and SeventiesWreckers.

Yah, you aren't kidding, Dutchs. I saw the RONI pistol-carbine conversion kit on one of the threads. I practically peed my pants. So I started searching for it online. Holy cow it's expensive. As awesome as it is, I just can't justify spending $400 for a conversion kit. I would rather invest that money on another Glock. ;)
Welcome to the forum!!!

(don't forget the tax stamp on the RONI!!! Check out the other one from Sig, no tax stamp needed) :eek:

If you need accessories and gear, I would be happy to help you with anything you need.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum AsianKracker! The best way to solve the problem with the other half is to get her involved as well. :D
I hope you enjoy the community here.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Support Gunner, this forum is very helpful. Especially for a newbie like myself. :)

Welcome to the Forum AsianKracker! The best way to solve the problem with the other half is to get her involved as well. :D
I hope you enjoy the community here.
Thanks for the welcome GAgal. But getting the other half involved in my new hobby is like getting her to agree to a FFM 3some. (never gonna happen) :D roflmfao

·
Super Moderator
74,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum AsianKracker! I too have a Gen4 G23 and love it. It is an awesome firearm. I carry my g23 in the colder months and my G36 (until I get my g30) in the warmer months.
Stick around, you will learn a lot.

Attachments

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum AsianKracker! I too have a Gen4 G23 and love it. It is an awesome firearm. I carry my g23 in the colder months and my G36 (until I get my g30) in the warmer months.
Stick around, you will learn a lot.
Thanks LeeHarpe. Yah, I love my G23 too. Being a new gun owner, sometimes I find myself wanting to "play" with my firearm. I had to keep reminding myself that it is not a toy. :D

·
Super Moderator
74,995 Posts
AsianKracker said:
Thanks LeeHarpe. Yah, I love my G23 too. Being a new gun owner, sometimes I find myself wanting to "play" with my firearm. I had to keep reminding myself that it is not a toy. :D
Lol! I play with mine every day. I practice dry firing it, drawing and racking the slide at the S
Same time and so on....you know, "playing with it".

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LeeHarpe said:
Lol! I play with mine every day. I practice dry firing it, drawing and racking the slide at the S
Same time and so on....you know, "playing with it".
I think you're style is more like practicing and training. What I'm doing is pointing and swinging in random directions. Lmao

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
AK, welcome to the forum.

LOVE the screen name.

My friends and family used to refer to me as an "Asian-Hick" (grew up working on farms- used to be the only asian person at the PA Farm show, love "southern"/country cooking, etc. etc.").

D

·
Registered
232 Posts
AsianKracker said:
Btw, the APP for the GlockForum is great! Very well organized, easy to read, and use. It has a lot of potential to be an awesome app. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who has an iPhone or iPad. I am using it on the iPad. I don't know if it is on the android though??
Welcome to the forum! While I agree the app is very cool, get on your computer and check it out on the big screen. Very cool there! Bigger pictures, signatures, etc. I mostly use the app but very cool to try on the computer too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.