Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm a new, first time gun owner. I bought a Glock 19 Gen4 about a month ago. I think mostly I'm looking to get feedback from other Glock owners on questions that I already have. Been lurking for a few days looking for info on recoil spring assemblies, plugs, sights, triggers. I'd like to customize my Glock 19, but don't know if I should.

I know I need lots of practice at the firing range, which I try to do (I shoot down to the left with my new Glock) and I just need to learn all about it to become better.

Catch you all around!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum The Borg!! Enjoy!!

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Welcome. Nice avatar graphic

D

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome to you. Hitting left & low is pretty common at first. Practice with the trigger squeeze off the reset, & it'll center up okay in time.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Personally, I am waiting until I shoot really well before I do any serious mods...

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
If you change something too soon, you won't know if it made any difference. When the gun feels like an extension of your arms go for it. If you were thinking about a weapon light or laser, night sights, go for it.

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you change something too soon, you won't know if it made any difference. When the gun feels like an extension of your arms go for it. If you were thinking about a weapon light or laser, night sights, go for it.
Yeah, I was thinking of night sights to start. Been doing some research on night sights. There's the Glock ones, Trijicon, & AmeriGlo that I like. I want something similar to the profile of the standard factory sights. Not liking the "U" on the rear sights.

I've been reading threads on plugs, triggers, and recoil spring assemblies. I think I can wait on those. Some don't seem like they'll work for me or the products just don't work (RSAs).

Thanks.

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greetings, Borg, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated by the Glock Addiction! :D

LOL! Exactly. I've always liked the Glock design. Once I was able to try out different guns, I was leaning towards the Smith & Wesson M&P9 (maybe the M&P9C too), but I had a few friends & acquaintances recommend the Glock 19. So, I went with the Glock 19. Both felt good in my hand. Both had many features that I liked. I'll get the S&M eventually.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
I will always push for TruGlo TFO sights. They are always on, day or night same sight picture.

Gas Metal Nut Electric blue Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'll get the S&M eventually.
:eek:

All righty then:D But I think that is another Forum;)
Just Kidding Welcome to the Forum! Hope you enjoy it here. As Far as mods go the only Mods I do to my Glocks so far in 20+ yrs is sights as the Glock sights are so so. But that is just my opinion!

·
Member1
127 Posts
Low and to the left? Def trigger finger like the one gentleman mentioned. Check to ensure you are just using the pad on the end of your trigger finger and not like the knuckle or anything past it. Practice drying over and over and when you fire live at the range, use the same squeeze and don't anticipate the shot. It should be a surprise every time and the bullet will go right where you sighted it.

Hope that helps.

I want nightsights too. I agree the truglo TFOs have the best picture but their profile is much different than stock. In a self defense situation at night, its most likely a point shoot scenario and not bullseye shooting, so as long as you can pickup the front sight...but then again, you never know when a precise shot is needed and thats why we all practice! Haha

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BabaaBooey said:
Low and to the left? Def trigger finger like the one gentleman mentioned. Check to ensure you are just using the pad on the end of your trigger finger and not like the knuckle or anything past it. Practice drying over and over and when you fire live at the range, use the same squeeze and don't anticipate the shot. It should be a surprise every time and the bullet will go right where you sighted it.

Hope that helps.

I want nightsights too. I agree the truglo TFOs have the best picture but their profile is much different than stock. In a self defense situation at night, its most likely a point shoot scenario and not bullseye shooting, so as long as you can pickup the front sight...but then again, you never know when a precise shot is needed and thats why we all practice! Haha
Hopefully I'll be hitting the range soon. Thanks for the info!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts