New to Glock

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by USNavyMA1, Mar 24, 2012.

1. USNavyMA1

USNavyMA1 New Member

I just purchased my first Glock (G30) and will be applying for a CC permit in the near future (I live in WI). Anyone have any suggestions on a good first holster for this weapon? I heard the G30 has less holster options available due to it's thickness (I originally wanted a G27, but I couldn't pass up the chance to own a .45). I'm looking for something decent but not too expensive. I'm a little on the smaller side (5'6", 145-150 lbs). I'm open to any and all types that would be suitable for concealed carry. Thank you for your time.

2. If you're interested in carrying inside the waistband, you might wish to check out White Hat Holsters, who makes a really good hybrid IWB. Really good kydex and leather system, with a bonus that you can switch out the kydex for any other firearm you might wish to carry using the same system. Buying new kydex for the system costs about $20, where buying an entire new rig would be a lot more $.

Crossbreed also makes a good hybrid IWB, but you can not switch out the kydex to accomodate a different firearm - you'd have to buy a whole new rig for each weapon you plan to carry, which can get pricey.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, USNavyMA1, and WELCOME to the Forum.

If you would be so kind as to post a *Hi there* in the Introductions section, other Members will be able to give you a proper greeting as well.

Also, please let us know on this post if you are a leftie or a rightie, helps in holster recommendations.

Cheers!

4. USNavyMA1

USNavyMA1 New Member

Thank you for welcoming me. If it will help anyone, I am right-handed.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I have a Gen3 G30, which I carry in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. You can view them here: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA-CQC-wCarbon-Fiber-Finish,1144,1410.htm

It is an outside the waistband holster (OWB), available for left or right handed draw and carry, for about $60 + S&H or may be available at your local gun store. In the winter, concealment is easy with sweater, jacket, or coat over it. In the summer, I wear a t-shirt tucked in and a short sleeve button-down shirt tucked out to cover it.

There have recently been some comments about this particular holster, but I still prefer it over any other OWB holster (I also carry a G26 in a Blackhawk Serpa) until someone actually points out some rule or regulation prohibiting it.

My preference, it may not work for you but it is worth looking into.

Cheers!

6. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Welcome! Check out N82Tactical holsters. They are In the waist band holster and are really comfortable and I too have a Glock 30 and that is what I use. Also enjoy the forum, a lot of good info can be found here as well as a lot of good people.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum USNavyMA1 !!

8. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Welcome. Thinking of getting a G30 my self. Check out N82tactical.com here's a picture of my holster from them its the professional series! In this picture it hold my GEN 4 27.

Attached Files:

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  10. Thank you for telling us about N82tactical. I looked at their web site and didn't see a holster for my 35, so I emailed Nate Johnson and he responsed with an answer at 10 o'clock at night. Now thats some service!!

11. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

They have excellent customer service. Your welcome.

12. navcop33

navcop33 New Member

MA1, Nice to meet you. I retired as a MACS 4 years ago... Don't know how long you have been a member but welcome. It's the first time I've seen you here. I'm wearing a Cross Breed holster. I bought it for my Taurus Millennium 9mm. I also have a Sig P239 and am about to order a G23. To my surprise, my Cross Breed fits all three firearms comfortably. The previous posting is correct, the disadvantage of a Cross Breed is you can not change the Kydex. But I will put a plug in for them. It is one of the most comfortable holsters I've ever worn! I will never end up in the holster "bone yard". I purchased the horse hyde rig without the leather cut out. Love it! Good luck Shipmate. I hope you find a comfortable, practical holster. Thank you for your service!

13. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Hello USNavyMA1 and welcome.

I have a G26 and wear a Parker Holster. It was my first holster to carry and I did not know if I would like the IWB as I hate having to much stuff in my pockets. It was only $40 and a great test to see if I liked it and could wear it. It has been great and forget that I am wearing it until I bump it twisting in my desk chair. I know the G30 is a wider and a more heavy firearm but the way most IWB are support well. Just get a good belt also .

http://www.parkerholsters.com/products/glock-30

Photo of mine.

image-4041855303.jpg

image-698370844.jpg

14. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Welcome USnavya1... Crossbreed Holsters are the top choice for a lot of people. Give them a shot. They also guarantee their product for LIFE!

15. USNavyMA1

USNavyMA1 New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll shop around and research your suggestions. It will be awhile until I get a permit, no there's no rush. I've already done some reading on Crossbreed and they look to be of good quality, but we'll see what happens.

16. SHOOTER13

Welcome to the Glock Forum navcop33 !!

17. navcop33

navcop33 New Member

I was surfing through the postings since leaving mine earlier. DSLMAC2 brought up a very good point. Get a good belt! That makes a big difference. I also bought my belt from Crossbreed when I bought the Supertuck Deluxe. The only drawback, I have lost 50 pounds since I bought the belt and now it's to big! I guess I should look into a leather punch. The belt isn't cheap but well work it! Oh yeah, is there any other rate?

18. SHOOTER13

navcop33 wrote: "Oh yeah, is there any other rate?"

Don't understand the question...

19. USNavyMA1

USNavyMA1 New Member

Navcop was referring to the rate (Navy word for "job," or the Army equivalent of MOS) of Master-At-Arms, aka Naval Security Forces.

20. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Hey MA1,

Former Navy 04 here, intel guy and current law enforcement in CT.

I have a g27 I carry as BUG and off duty. Tried Crossbreed and they are good. But tried Comp-tac Minotaur and it was WAY more comfortable AND you can swap out kydex bodies. A lot of guys usually go with this or the crossbreed. If someone has one near you see if they'll let your try it out.

Z-