New to Glock

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NegativeGstRider, Feb 13, 2012.

1. NegativeGstRider

NegativeGstRider New Member

Hey guys just picked up a G27 as a concealed weapon, and I'm curious any must have upgrades for the gun that should or are nice to have done to it? I'm still trying to find a good holster trying to decide between a blackhawk cqc holster or a nice in the waste band one any recommendations on a nice one for a decent price?

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Welcome to the forum. As far as upgrades to the Glock, put some range time in with it to see what you might want to change. They are pretty good out of the box.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum NegativeGstRider !!

Congrats on the new G27...

4. NegativeGstRider

Thanks yeah so far I've only had a chance to put two boxes through it I love the way it shoots over my dads 17 and 26

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

There are a lot of good holsters out there, biggest suggestion is look at them all before buying. What works for me, might be the worst feeling for you. Cross Breed makes a good holster for CCW. That being said, they do not work for me.

6. NegativeGstRider

I was looking at those they seem to be a pretty nice holster. What is it that doesn't work for you?

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I am old, short and my Dunlap gets in the way :D Just does not feel comfortable to me. I prefer a high riding belt rig with a forward cant.

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Congrats on the 27 pruchase and good luck with the holster search.

9. NegativeGstRider

Thanks. It seems to be a difficult search for me that's for sure. A lot do the gun shops around my area don't have a lot to choose from. I'm kinda leaning on an iwb. Especially after last night when a guy who had his ccw lisense walked into the mall with his pistol in a holster but I guess someone saw it and called him in which led to the cops hunting him down in the mall and arrested him only to find out that he had the lisense and they let him off all said and done.

10. ka13

ka13 New Member Supporter

I carry a G22 on duty and off. Off duty I carry in a Cross Breed Holster and i love it, but each person to their own

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! First things first, invest in a good holster then see what you have left over for upgrades. No upgrades are needed, but some common ones are extended slide release lever, extended slide lock, extended mag catch, and lighter trigger connector.

12. NegativeGstRider

I'm working on the holster thing I didn't think it could be that hard lol. But it seems to be. My wife who is a Leo knows a guy that makes them so I'm hoping he can make me a iwb type

13. NegativeGstRider

What cross breed do you carry?

14. Welcome to the Forum!!!!

15. jimmyalbrecht

Let me get on my work computer in a few, and I will post some pictures of my White Hat Holsters Max Tuck. I love it!

16. jimmyalbrecht

Love this holster!

Here are a few pics of my holster. Go to whitehatholsters.com to order one for yourself. I loved the customer service, and if you get another gun, all you have to do is buy another kydex piece, you don't have to buy anymore leather.

Attached Files:

17. NegativeGstRider

Looks good I'll do some looking. Is the leather soft on it?

18. jimmyalbrecht

Not when you first get it. I conditioned the leather for three nights in a row letting it soak in overnight. Now it is just right. Not too soft, so it holds its shape, but it is not too hard where it doesn't bend and rubs your skin. I got the horsehide too because it is better at absorbing moisture in humid environments.

19. ka13

I have the super tuck. I have one my F22 and Sig 226. I have a leather and horse hide. They both required about 2 nights of softening to get them how I like it, but I love the holster

20. ka13

Stupid auto correct G22, not F22