New to Glock Question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by discostuvw, Mar 8, 2012.

1. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

Like I said in the title, I am new to the Glock world. I recently purchased a 27 at a local gun show. I noticed that the slide has a little bit of side to side play (1/16"or less and mostly toward the front). Is this normal? My s&w has a bit less. This is why I ask. Thanks!

2. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Congrats on your G27 purchase. My G26 does not have any side to side movement. Hope yours is okay and someone can explain this movement to you. Is it a Gen3 or Gen4?

3. fls348

fls348 New Member

As long as the barrel is staying locked up with this 1/16" play it's perfectly normal. My G17 has about the same slop but the lock up is very tight.

4. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

It's a3rd generation

5. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

I'm sorry to sound ignorant but what do you mean by "lock up"?

Thanks for the replies

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Have you shot it yet? I know the tolerances in a Glock are not as tight as other guns, and that is the reason it performs so well in adverse conditions. It can get dirt, water, and all kinds of other stuff in there, and it still performs like a champ. You get a few grains of sand in a custom 1911 with super tight tolerances and it will malfunction. This is also why the Glock will eat just about anything you feed it. Can you make a video showing exactly what you are talking about?

7. fls348

fls348 New Member

The 'slop' you see in the slide, when you move it the barrel should NOT move at all. For example; pull your slide back slowly and there's a point to which the barrel 'unlocks', the barrel will drop down and the slide will continue rearward.

In the 'slop' that barrel should not be dropping down it should stay locked up good and tight.

As a side not I've handled literally hundred's of Glock and have never seen a problem with the 'slop', as the above mentioned tolerances are not as tight as say a SIG so a little play is fine...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  8. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

Yeah. Shot a few 180grain TAPS no problem. I will try to make a video later.

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

10. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

Great! Thank you for your help.