New to Glock Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SamEngel1984, Feb 21, 2012.

1. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Hello Everybody,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sam, I'm 28, and I live in South Florida (Davie to be exact). Currently I'm a security officer (I carry a Glock 17 in a Safariland 6360 Level III Duty Holster at work) and I'm trying to become a police officer. I'm married (got married October last year) and my wife has 5 kids. I've taken the 3 boys to the range with me a few times. For guns I own a Mark VII Desert Eagle in .357, two Beretta's (a 92FS and an M9), a Taurus PT1911, and three Glock's (a 17, 22, and 21). I've been thinking about getting a Glock 37 but I'm not sure. I like the Glock 34 and 35 as well. I used to be a full time musician. Toured the US and Canada a few times playing guitar in different Rock/Metal bands. That's a little bit about me. Thank you for reading, and I hope to make some new friends here.

-Sam

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, SamEngel1984, WELCOME to the Forum!

Very nice introduction there, sir, and congratulations on tying the knot!

3. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

Welcome to GF and Congrats. I just had my first daughter six weeks ago. I'm from Davie NC.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum SamEngel1984 !!

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum Sam! Stick around, I bet you'll like it around here!

Care to admit what band you were on tour with?

7. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

I was in a few, but I was in a band called Human Factors Lab and we toured with Mushroomhead... I've also played shows with and toured with Vince Neil, Blue Oyster Cult, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, 16Volt, Dee Snider, and a few others.

8. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! I like your gun collection you have going on! Pics?

9. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

welcome to the mix, SamEngel :)

10. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Welcome from a fellow Floridian !!

11. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

I've attached pics of all my guns... I'm probably gonna end up with either a Kimber Custom II, Sig P226, or another Glock in the next month (either a G37, 34, or 35).

Attached Files:

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

That's a nice arsenal you got going there, Sam! :)

13. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

My opinion Kimber is overpriced...

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, Sam, just an an afterthought:

Good for you that you got your arsenal going before tying the knot...may be a little difficult to do so after.

Cheers!

15. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Unless you get the wife into it.. My wife was DEAD SET AGAINST GUNS.. Now we go shooting quite often..

16. kj4963

kj4963 Active Member

Welcome! You have some nice guns!

17. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Happysniper1 I got lucky 'cause my wife is from Michigan and she's cool with guns... Plus... I got her shooting my G17 now and she likes it.

18. I'm saving up for a 17, I won't even bother trying to get my wife to shoot my 30. She kinda liked my .22, but she hasn't wanted to go back to the range...

My wife is from Illinois and isn't quite against guns, just doesn't understand them.

19. Cruizer

Cruizer G17 G19

Greetings and welcome from the Tampa area.