Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the group. I live in Brisbane Australia. Looking strongly at getting a Glock for myself and Wife to practice shooting with. She is in Police and I’m In Security. Even tho her work firearm is a Glock 40 cal I/we were thinking along the li es of a Glock 19 gen 4/5 or 19x. What’s everyone’s thoughts and why? Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
453 Posts
Welcome from VA, Tonks.

Either model will definitely be a solid choice. Dimension-wise, the 19 will be a bit easier to conceal.

· Registered
247 Posts
Welcome from VA, Tonks.

Either model will definitely be a solid choice. Dimension-wise, the 19 will be a bit easier to conceal.
I'm not sure if LE over there can conceal over there,I am assuming that's why they said practice. Welcome to the forum get the 19 X. In England I believe they can only carry when they're on the clock I'm assuming Australia is similar

· Premium Member
3,612 Posts
I didn't even know they had Glocks in down under, I thought they only had Crocks! Having run dozens of Glocks since 92 in competition and for carry, and have put over 450,000 rounds downrange, start with a G17. Full sized frame for the the most control, and cheapest ammo.

· Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Welcome to this forum from central Kansas... the center of the center of the USA.
I would buy a Glock 19 gen4 or 5 because it's the perfect first Glock. But I have heard many people agree with Jim Beam's advice to get a Glock 19X. I haven't tried one yet, or I am sure I would agree.
My first Glock was a 19 Gen4, and I still love it.

· Super Moderator
79,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. We have another long standing member from Australian. @Old Bloke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.