Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm a recovering 1911 guy and bought my first Glock in Oct, 2011. Yea, I was around in the 80's when Glock came to town but decided to wait until the plastic gun proved itself. By the 90's it had, standard issue for most police department but I said, "it doesn't fit my hand well so..." 30 years later and finally, Gen 4 G19! 2210 rounds and not a single malfunction of any kind, carry's as well as my Springfield EMP and shoots almost as accurate as my 5", 44oz. Government model (.5% malfunction rate). Well, better late to the party than never. By the way, I posted my best IDPA scores ever with the Glock... Go figure, the gun that doesn't fit my hand well...

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum whynotccw! Enjoy.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
That first post brought a tear to my eye. I'm so proud of you!!!!

And welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
That first post brought a tear to my eye. I'm so proud of you!!!!

And welcome to the forum.
See, Even our correctional guys are big softys for Glocks. I'm touched....

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
See, Even our correctional guys are big softys for Glocks. I'm touched....
Even though we're issued Beretta 92's here at work, I only carry Glocks off-duty and for competition.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to our sanctuary. Lots of nice folks here. We look forward to hearing about your experiences. I have only been into shooting a short time and have tried a few different pistols. Honestly, I don't get the hype over the 1911, I understand the history but I would much rather shoot my 21. For me, Glocks are like going home!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Even though we're issued Beretta 92's here at work, I only carry Glocks off-duty and for competition.
You gotta be good with that. I wonder why the Beretta for duty piece? Who makes that decision? Just curious.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
hello...

welcome:)

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
You gotta be good with that. I wonder why the Beretta for duty piece? Who makes that decision? Just curious.
The Bureau and federal government's geniuses.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome whynotccw! I'm new here myself. I love my Glock 21 Gen 4. I sold my brand new Kimber .45 1911 Custom II to fund the purchase. In case you are wondering I won it at a firefighters fund raising raffle. Some people thought I was crazy. I chose a Glock because I believe there is no better all around weapon for self defense or shtf. I have no regrets.

·
782 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
931 Posts
pbrause said:
Welcome whynotccw! I'm new here myself. I love my Glock 21 Gen 4. I sold my brand new Kimber .45 1911 Custom II to fund the purchase. In case you are wondering I won it at a firefighters fund raising raffle. Some people thought I was crazy. I chose a Glock because I believe there is no better all around weapon for self defense or shtf. I have no regrets.
That's is really sweet!!! I wish some of the guys on Firearms Talk Forum could here this :)

·
Banned
462 Posts
pbrause said:
I still have 2 kimbers. Love them, but the glock is comfortable in a different way. Hard to explain, first time I ever picked up a 1911, it was an old military issue piece from the Vietnam war. I plinked 6 steels with the mag and beat a Marin's sniper in a shooting contest. I've had a soft spot ever since.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts