New to Glock and New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ynot_ccw, May 27, 2012.

1. ynot_ccw

ynot_ccw New Member

Well I'm a recovering 1911 guy and bought my first Glock in Oct, 2011. Yea, I was around in the 80's when Glock came to town but decided to wait until the plastic gun proved itself. By the 90's it had, standard issue for most police department but I said, "it doesn't fit my hand well so..." 30 years later and finally, Gen 4 G19! 2210 rounds and not a single malfunction of any kind, carry's as well as my Springfield EMP and shoots almost as accurate as my 5", 44oz. Government model (.5% malfunction rate). Well, better late to the party than never. By the way, I posted my best IDPA scores ever with the Glock... Go figure, the gun that doesn't fit my hand well...

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome aboard! Better late than never.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum whynotccw! Enjoy.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

That first post brought a tear to my eye. I'm so proud of you!!!!

And welcome to the forum.

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

See, Even our correctional guys are big softys for Glocks. I'm touched....

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Even though we're issued Beretta 92's here at work, I only carry Glocks off-duty and for competition.

7. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Welcome to our sanctuary. Lots of nice folks here. We look forward to hearing about your experiences. I have only been into shooting a short time and have tried a few different pistols. Honestly, I don't get the hype over the 1911, I understand the history but I would much rather shoot my 21. For me, Glocks are like going home!

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

You gotta be good with that. I wonder why the Beretta for duty piece? Who makes that decision? Just curious.

9. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

hello...

welcome:)

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

The Bureau and federal government's geniuses.

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Yep, that explains that...... One hand.. hey, where's the other.. who's on first? Yep, I get it.

12. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum!

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Welcome to the Forum. ;)

14. pbrause

pbrause New Member

Welcome whynotccw! I'm new here myself. I love my Glock 21 Gen 4. I sold my brand new Kimber .45 1911 Custom II to fund the purchase. In case you are wondering I won it at a firefighters fund raising raffle. Some people thought I was crazy. I chose a Glock because I believe there is no better all around weapon for self defense or shtf. I have no regrets.

15. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Welcome from NC!

16. cdadler

cdadler New Member

Welcome, lots of info here.

17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

18. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That's is really sweet!!! I wish some of the guys on Firearms Talk Forum could here this :)

19. mcdiver

mcdiver New Member

I still have 2 kimbers. Love them, but the glock is comfortable in a different way. Hard to explain, first time I ever picked up a 1911, it was an old military issue piece from the Vietnam war. I plinked 6 steels with the mag and beat a Marin's sniper in a shooting contest. I've had a soft spot ever since.