new to forums, looking at a glock

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by jeremyx28, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jeremyx28

jeremyx28 New Member

Hello everyone. I have the opportunity to trade my hi point 9mm carbine for a LNIB g17 gen 3. The g17 only has about 100 rounds through it and its going to be a straight up trade. I have never shot a Glock before but its one of those elite pistols that I feel I just need to own. I guess what im looking for is just some general info from actual glock owners. I am relatively new to firearms but I do alot of research and read just about anything I can that has to do with guns. This is not going to be a CCW, just for home defense/range/SHTF scenario. I look forward to talking and learning from you all. Thank you in advance for you knowledge.

Jeremy

2. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Well, you've come to the right place.

Personally, I prefer Glock for the following reasons:

Reliability - goes bang when you pull (or squeeze for some) the trigger
    Simplicity - easy to field strip and clean
    Low maintenance - requires minimal cleaning and lubing
    Customization - there are tons of ways to mod your Glock
    It's a Glock! :cool:

I am sure others will chime in on this one. Good Luck!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum jeremyx28 !!

4. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Owning your first glock is better than your first time... er... well you get the picture. Glocks are amazing guns. Simple, reliable, and gets the job done no matter what. You won't regret it. There's so much info here from people new to the scene to veteran Glock fans, and everyone brings something different to the table. You'll feel at home here. Hope this helps.

5. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Your getting the better trade go for it!

6. jeremyx28

jeremyx28 New Member

Well I picked up my Glock today! Im excited

7. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

Awesome! So let get me get this straight.... The trade was straight up? Hi point for a GLOCK? What gives? Are you just that lucky or did the guy owe you some money? Lol

8. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Great choice! Now you need to buy a few more...
    Oh yeah, you will! :)

Welcome to the forum!

9. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Trade for the G17. You will get the better of the trade. By far!!