Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum and would like to ask y'all about purchasing a pistol. I am fairly new to pistols and heard that glock was the best. Also, got some advice that Springfield is a good buy. I would appreciate any advice or explanations on buying my first pistol!

Thanks in advance!

GLOCK59STUD

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,287 Posts
Glock pretty much changed the pistol market. In doing this just about every manufacturer has produced a competing polymer pistol. Xd's are great but I'm a Glock fan and see no advantage that would make me want an xd over the Glock.

If you are new to pistols, I would suggest figuring out what you want to do with it. Home defense, plinking, competition or concealed carry.

A 9mm is the cheapest route. 19 is great and does most things listed above well.

Other Glock models provide advantages over others power, size wise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Danzig said:
Glock pretty much changed the pistol market. In doing this just about every manufacturer has produced a competing polymer pistol. Xd's are great but I'm a Glock fan and see no advantage that would make me want an xd over the Glock.

If you are new to pistols, I would suggest figuring out what you want to do with it. Home defense, plinking, competition or concealed carry.

A 9mm is the cheapest route. 19 is great and does most things listed above well.

Other Glock models provide advantages over others power, size wise.
It's going to be my first pistol so im probably going to be using it for everything. Home defense, concealed carry, competition, just my overall gun for now. I appreciate the advice Danzig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts