Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I was required to have a modern functioning firearm as a condition of employment and purchased a new Glock 17 I didn't use it much and it sat in its box until now. I was told my gun has now become collectable. Not that surprising as a lot of the stuff I used has as well. Time goes by. Original things are original only once and there was initially a lot of resistance to the Glocks. Trying to find information on the value of my gun has been cheap entertainment.

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,293 Posts
Welcome from North Texas!
Yup they became collectible.
I’d say yours is anywhere from $1000 to who knows what.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Howdy from Houston and nice gun!
I’d hang onto it because it’s only going to get more valuable with time.

·
Gunslinger
9,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am not wanting to buy your Glock but it has piqued my interest. I would like to know more about it. What year did you purchase it? Glock will provide you "some" info based on the serial nbr. I have never seen one boxed like that but I have only been into Glocks for a couple of years. Like you I am having fun learning about them. Sounds like you have a nice one. We have (or had) a member (fishboy) who collects original Gen 1s. I don't think he is active on the forum now. I know he has paid $1000 or a bit more for some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum. I am not wanting to buy your Glock but it has piqued my interest. I would like to know more about it. What year did you purchase it? Glock will provide you "some" info based on the serial nbr. I have never seen one boxed like that but I have only been into Glocks for a couple of years. Like you I am having fun learning about them. Sounds like you have a nice one. We have (or had) a member (fishboy) who collects original Gen 1s. I don't think he is active on the forum now. I know he has paid $1000 or a bit more for some.
I purchased my first Glock in 1987, the box in the picture is referred to as a bullet box, this one slightly different from the 1985 box in that it has some bars where the trigger would be to prevent someone from placing a gun with one in the chamber (bullet) into the box causing an unpleasant surprise. I understand a number of people have been surprised causing the change to the box. I have been offered $1000 for the box alone and $1500 for the manual. I had the gun/box/manual on GB and it went to 2k my reserve was higher. Finding information on the early rare Glocks has been kinda creepy and information on the value not forthcoming and intentionally incorrect, but I guess thats the game

·
Gunslinger
9,757 Posts
@Tomahawk, Thank you for responding. That is an interesting bit of Glock trivia about the box. I learned something new, lol. That is indeed a very nice G17 you have. If it were mine I would keep it. But like you, I would want to determine the value and learn as much as possible about it. .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Tomahawk, Thank you for responding. That is an interesting bit of Glock trivia about the box. I learned something new, lol. That is indeed a very nice G17 you have. If it were mine I would keep it. But like you, I would want to determine the value and learn as much as possible about it. .
I did see an early box with a bullet hole in it after the owner tried to place his loaded, one in the chamber gun in the box. I have other collectable guns, one an 1873 black powder frontier six shooter, Nimschke engraved, a gift from my grandmother in 1958, it was given to her by a Texas Ranger as part of an effort to arm the population around 1910. I was told by an "expert" that the gun was an obvious fake and likely done sometime in the 60's he went on to further say the gun was converted to 44/40 from a 45 cal.??, but don't despair, he collected fakes an oddities and could give me $1,500 for it. Which made me think of the Forest Gump line "Life is like a box of chocolates" I changed it to " Life is like a load of horse ****, you know yer gonna get it, you just don't know how much" When I think of gun experts I think of R.L.Wilson and Colts, a great guy to talk to but............

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA. That's quite a special and valuable one. It's good that you know what you've got!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts