New to forum/new 23

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AMERICANINFIDEL, Jun 19, 2012.

1. AMERICANINFIDEL

AMERICANINFIDEL New Member

image-2645549646.jpg

I just got my G23 4th Gen

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Very nice!! Welcome to the forum AI !! Enjoy!!

3. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

It's a great piece!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

5. AMERICANINFIDEL

Thank you. Happy to be here.

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum, and I like the gun!

8. AMERICANINFIDEL

Thanks I like it too... It shoots well... No jams or FTE thus far. going to get the gun duracoated, and the letters in white... Make it stand out...

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

10. jimmyalbrecht

Awesome! What color(s) are you going with?

11. AMERICANINFIDEL

I'm leaning toward coyote brown or FDE ON THE FRAME, and on the slide I will use white to fill in the letters and on the clips. And I'm going to install a lone wolf barrel and have the trigger adjusted. :)

12. jimmyalbrecht

Is it going to be a carry gun?

13. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.

14. AMERICANINFIDEL

Yes it's a carry weapon

15. AMERICANINFIDEL

Thanks happy to be here

16. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

Welcome to the forum. Also great choice for a gun.

17. jimmyalbrecht

I would not recommend changing the barrel or internals (too much) for a carry gun. Glock built the pistol to be reliable as is. When you begin to add aftermarket parts, which probably aren't tested to the same specs as Glocks parts, you run the risk of a failure when you need it most. If I were you, I'd keep it stock for carry use as far as the barrel goes. The barrel and aftermarket parts are fine for range use.

18. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

That is a good idea for carry but with certain parts you can still maintain the same mechanics but lighten trigger pull etc. and have a more controllable weapon for the shooters needs. The one part I think everyone should immediately replace in all glocks is that super crappy guide rod that comes with it. A steel or tungsten one will be much more reliable cuz it can't break like the flexy plastic stock rod. I don't think glock chooses some of the highest quality parts but the overall mechanics of the gun make it reliable. They put plastic sights and guide rods to save money which is nice for the budgeted shooter. But the best part is that if you put in an extra couple hundred bucks into customizations you have a way better gun for the same price as all those glock naysayers who own a much more expensive gun that may look nice but way underperforms. IMO stock glocks don't feel too good to shoot but after making it fit my needs it's the best gun I can possibly buy for the money once I change things.

19. jimmyalbrecht

I have a 3.5 lb connector in mine, but that is it. Some would say even that is too much.

20. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

A lighter connector can really help. I have a couple 3.5 lb but switched to 2lbs. I know some say not to change anything but I just think they haven't tried or they bought some junk parts that didn't work properly. I just like to customize about everything though stock is boring :)