Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i have been a member for a few weeks now and have stuck to just reading, but now i am in need of some of the great advice the members of this forum always seem to have and share. I got my Glock 22 about a month ago with my New York carry permit, and wasn't exactly sure what to get for a holster so i must admit without much research i bought something online that i thought looked good. I got a custom made holster from "The Holster Store" and have been using it ever since. Now it is not a bad holster it is comfortable and easy to draw from but it doesn't seem to work with my body, and is seems to print alot(or i am crazy lol). I am 6'2" 190lbs and for the most part in shape. after reading many many posts in these forums i have improved my game a bit. i got pants a size bigger and a new belt on the way as well as a foxx holster from the vendors here. My question is should i continue to wear the holster just behind my hip bone or try something else or if i am wrong all the way around and should try something totally different. adding some pics to help show what i mean, thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
If you can find an IWB that offers a forward cant, that should help with the draw and make it less awkward.

I normally wear at 3 o'clock, OWB. I don't IWB carry that often so I can't offer you any really good insight there. When I do/did carry, IWB, i carried IWB at 6 o'clock (which isn't advisable).

You may want to try a different holster and changing the positions to see who it feels and how it draws. Folks can give you general guidelines, but you'll need to tailor these things to what works for you, your body shape, and your body mechanics.

hth
D

·
Registered
19 Posts
deluca - I'm in your boat. 6'2, 195, 33" waist, and I don't dress baggy. I cannot carry IWB at 3-4 o'clock without printing. I have a basic leather galco holster that I can IWB at 12-1 o'clock without printing...the recess between the front of your hip and your groin makes for a good pocket on a trim guy, but there's something about having the business end of my glock in such close proximity to my junk that makes me feel a bit queasy...especially when I sit down with it holstered.

Per another thread currently active in this room, I think I may give the N82 professional a shot. I have also considered a ankle holster (I only occassionally wear shorts). I carry a G26 in the summer months, and a G17 when it's cool enough to dress heavier/when I feel like a workout. I'm selling my 17 and will be swapping to a 19, in the near future though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I carry a compact M&P every day in a Bradley Custom Concealment kydex IWB holster. I wear it around the 5 o'clock position and with the high sweat guard, I can wear it all day with no big deal.

I used to carry a Glock 22 and it is HARD to conceal that big sucker in anything, but I recently found a Desantis tuckable holster that brings the G22 well into the waistband and is adjustable for cant. The holster is pretty thin and very comfortable (it's a soft unfinished cow leather). My biggest problem with IWB holsters for the full size Glock was that the grip would ride too high and would catch clothing and print terribly. With the Desantis Sof-Tuck, made for a G23/19, I can easily conceal the monster with no troubles.

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
From the look of that pic the average won't "know" what is on your hip. Think about how much stuff people carry on their belts, cellphones keys etc. I think if some one sees something they will think nothing of it.

Is this the first time you are carrying concealed?

You could try a looser fitting shirt

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just can't be comfortable with an IWB at four or five O;clock. What I do is "Appendix" carry with my t-shirt untucked or a sweatshirt.

·
771 Posts
Overly critical

As someone new to CC, you may be overly critical in your 'printing'. Unless someone is really looking at you 'hard' or themselves are familiar with CC printing, I think you might just be self-consious.

Simplest solution would be go a little larger in the t-shirt deparment..I know you young guys in top shape prefer contour hugging shirts, take a tip from an old guy, some years beyond his prime, dress for comfort and concealment..

Just a thought...

·
367 Posts
I know you young guys in top shape prefer contour hugging shirts, take a tip from an old guy, some years beyond his prime, dress for comfort and concealment.
I'm in the same boat. To hell with worrying about a little printing. I carry a G30 OWB and the comfort is more important than thinkin' somebody might think you have a weapon. Trust me, nobody pays no mind to you. They're busy lookin' for a mirror to look at themselves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been carrying g30 in a white hat holster iwb at 4 o clock hides good for me plus no one sees your printing as much as u you will get over it once u carry long enough

·
Registered
29 Posts
Iv been carrying my G27 in a blackhawk IWB holster appendix carry for about a month, not to bad i like it and you cant tell at all that im carrying

·
Registered
3 Posts
I carry my Model 27 in a supertuck holster at my 4 o'clock for over a year now and wouldn't think of using anything else for IWB. Actually it's the only IWB that I have. Usually, I only wear a t-shirt and it works well.

·
303 Posts
I carry my G22 at about the 1 o'clock position or the 5 o'clock - I don't really ever worry about printing unless the grip happens to pop out of my shirt. I know what you mean about carrying with the business end pointed at your junk. However, I am confident that my Glock will not fire unless I am the one pulling the trigger. No worries

·
Administrator
53,029 Posts
I carry a G30SF in a FoxX Holster Hybrid, and am very happy with the holster, however I have been thinking about purchasing the FoxX "Trap" for the G30, looks like it will be a nice holster.

I wouldn't worry about printing, as stated above, you notice it more then others because you are looking for it. I can assure you others are not paying that close attention to you to see you printing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.