New T.A.S sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Glock34Jarhead, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

They look awesome on the slide. Now I can send it off to Jims Duracoat and get her looking real sexy.

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's almost like a "no peep" for a compound bow if I understand how it works correctly. Have you shot with it yet? How does it do with rapid engagement?

3. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

I will let you know tomorrow after I get back from the range. From my previous extensive firearms training I can tell you that the whole shooting with both eyes open which these sights are mainly used for "point and shoot" method is a no go for me. I completely lose sight picture and getting used to no sight alignment is weird. However...using these sights as if they were F/O front and rear it seems pretty normal. The closest way to explain it is that they pushed the front sight to your rear so you have no need to align front and rear. You just put the green dot on the target and squeeze. I will be giving a full review since alot of people are skeptical after I put rounds downrange tomorrow from 10-15-25 yards. We will see.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Ok yeah, that's what I thought. It is the same concept as a "no peep". Definitely do some rapid engagement drills and let us know what you think. I see muscle memory playing a big factor in success.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

So how did it go? Very curious to see what you thought.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Me too, I've never heard of these before.

7. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

Ok...Well despite my overwhelming excitement about this new sight system. They failed in every aspect. The first hit was the lack of tightened screws. These are very easy to install screw in 2 screws and align that's it. The issue was after about every clip I had to stop shooting and tighten screws. The 2nd hit was the sight alignment issue. I would have everything aimed at center mass and the rounds were everywhere regardless if both eyes were open or one open it was not shooting as accurate as my night sights. They are however a cool concept but needs alot of work to make them legit. In my opinion these are a big epic fail. Sent them back the next day.

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Interesting...thanks for the report.

So even with the sights tightened down and not moving, you felt it was not as accurate as regular sights?

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I don't see how it could be...elevation would be off because the "front" and back sight post are fixed in one position unlike a regular sight where the front side would "hide" behind the back one if the gun was tilted forward. With this, it would appear as if everything was A-ok because the sights are always aligned or so it seems lol.

10. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

That was my biggest issue. I could not for the life of me figure that one out but after the 3rd time tightning the sights I gave up. I mean even for just point and shoot it hit the target but was all over the place if there was a way to ensure tightness of the screws maybe with loctyte it would be a little better but taking the sight alignment step out of the equation is just weird for this Jarhead.

11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You're a Marine what do you expect? Just kidding ;) yeah, I'm still curious to see how it would do if zeroed supported and loctite'd. What's your plan now?

12. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

I got night sights green front yellow rear.

13. ONTTACSGT

ONTTACSGT New Member

TAS sights - no problems here

I've been seeing more of these sights around so I got one. Jarhead, maybe you got a lemon set. My sights stayed put even though I fired about 600 rounds that day (it was a looong day). I used them only for short ranges.

I use a reflex sight on my M4 so I am used to single dot, eyes open shooting. The TAS sight was faster on target acquisition than my usual set (Trijicon). Accuracy was just as good as Trijicon.

I am keeping these on my G34 for my next trip to the range (wife willing).