Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my new glock 17 rmr cut slide and switched the internals from my other glock 17 slide. Now the trigger pull is over 6 pounds. When I put the parts back in my old slide it goes back down to 2.3 pounds. I tried switching them back and forth a couple times and the same thing happens.Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you have encountered the dreaded tolerance stacking, not all manufactures produce factory OEM specifications. As a result not all parts play well together ,it can be difficult to determine just where the problem lies, if it were me the first thing I would look at is the firing pin safety and the fit of the safety plunger in the hole for it.

Is the replacement slide coated, if it is I would clean all of the coating off any surface that has interference fit with any other part, slide rail slots.track for the connector,safty plunger hole, anything that has interference fit with any other part.

I have come to the conclusion that it's far more effective to have your OEM slide milled to what you need than sourcing a after market slide and trying to get it to play nice with your lower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is coated. It a combat master slide from taran tactical. They had a sale plus sent me money back from some gunsmith work I had done so I justified the cost and went for it. Now I’m definitely feeling like I should of just had my oem slide milled.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
It is coated. It a combat master slide from taran tactical. They had a sale plus sent me money back from some gunsmith work I had done so I justified the cost and went for it. Now I’m definitely feeling like I should of just had my oem slide milled.
Having your slide milled for the Win.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
The areas I would concentrate on first are the safety plunger hole and connector cam track, then you can clear out the rail tracks on the slide as they are not causing a heavier trigger pull but the plunger hole and cam track can.

Reactions: Olga17

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the problem is only fixed if I use my g17 slide on my g34 frame. I didn’t realize I switched them and when I switched them back it was back to 6+ pounds. Definitely some tolerance stacking happening somewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a little pushback on the "just have your slide milled" option. I had my slide milled by a very well known company. They did a great job and I love it. But most of these places ask you to send your specific optic to them so they can perform a precise cut. The problem is that the Type 1 RMR that I sent them fits perfectly, but my Type 2 RMR won't fit in the slot, and the screw holes on my Holosun HE507C-X2 do not align. So if my Type 1 poops out then I'm out of luck. I just purchased a Zev Duty slide with an RMR cut and all three optic fit nicely. I have the Holosun (ACSS reticle) on the new slide and love it. I just had one of my best range days. ymmv

·
Registered
51 Posts
If the slide is coated, check the slot the striker rides in. Check to make sure the striker moves freely in the channel as the sleeve might be restricted also.

Reactions: Silver-Bolt
1 - 12 of 12 Posts