New sig p224

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by iGlock, Jan 10, 2012.

1. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ok i know this aint a glock, but come on sigs r nice. :)

Attached Files:

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

What's that on the barrel, a fitted compensator?

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

No i think it just shows how much smaller it is from the original.

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

What is the caliber? I love my Glock but my Sig is a close second on my list.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Heres a better pic. Its in .40sw

Attached Files:

6. havasu

I believe you are looking at my next handgun. I likey alot!

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yes me too, another carry piece :)

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Also in 9mm and 357 sig. Heres the ugly part, retail is $1,125.00

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

SIG SAUER introduces the P224, the first true subcompact in its classic all-metal firearms line. Ideal for concealed or off-duty carry, the P224 offers all of the features
    consumers expect, with one small change.

Based on the P229®, one of the most prolific sidearms in federal law enforcement, the P224 takes the same hammer-fire reliability and lightweight all-metal frame and puts them in a subcompact package with all of the familiar SIG SAUER controls and functions.

Based on the P229®, one of the most prolific sidearms in federal law enforcement, the P224 takes the same hammer-fire reliability and lightweight all-metal frame and puts them in a subcompact package with all of the familiar SIG SAUER controls and functions.

Despite its small size, the P224 maintains a double-stack magazine for a capacity of 11 rounds of 9mm and 10 rounds of .40S&W or .357SIG giving the P224 a decided advantage over most subcompact competitors. Newer model P229 magazines can also be used for an even greater round count.

Featuring a lightweight alloy frame, the P224 will be available in a number of configurations. Initial models will be available with the Double-Action Kellerman™ (DAK) trigger and be chambered in .40S&W. and .357SIG Traditional DA/SA triggers, and 9mm options will be available in the future.

Full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights allow the P224 to deliver pinpoint accuracy, which can be a challenge in most subcompacts.

“Many subcompacts are difficult to shoot well,” said Adam Painchaud, Director of the SIG SAUER Academy™. “Between the small grip, heavy trigger and recoil, most shooters are done after four or five rounds, if they practice at all. The P224, on the other hand, can be shot all day without any discomfort and still be easy to conceal.”

MSRP $1,125.00

Attached Files:

10. havasu

Ouch...That's pricy!

11. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Very, id rather go for a desert eagle or an FN 57 for that price :)

12. havasu

Before passing judgement, I know the MSRP has a high price, but what would the price be at a local store? Hopefully, like a new car purchase, much less?

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Not sure but in my opinion around the 800s. Ive seen used desert eagles in my area go for 850 to 950 and FNs from 900 to 1000.

14. Still worried abot the weight...even though they say lightweight

15. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I have entered in for a Sig ever since I found out they do a monthly contest...I haven't won yet...but keep trying!:D