Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited, this is my first revolver and my 2nd gun ever.

View attachment 7931

It is a Rossi .357 magnum 2" snub nose. My best friend's step dad sold it to me for $90!

Hand Gesture Finger Body jewelry Sunglasses

Sorry about the upside down and sideways pictures. I tried to rotate then but when they uploaded it reverted them back.

Attachments

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Man that's awesome! Have you shot it yet?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Nice. Sounds like you got a good deal. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Great deal on a great gun! Congrats!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I got to shoot it before I bought it. It won't win an accuracy contest, but it hits hard. I shot some steel plates and there was a very affirmative ping when it connected. It was like music to my ears :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
As long as you're not trying to shoot over 7, maybe 10 yards, it should be fine. I had a similar sized .357 Magnum and it was just punishment on the hands. One day I will have another one in 4" though. :)

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonm61 said:
As long as you're not trying to shoot over 7, maybe 10 yards, it should be fine. I had a similar sized .357 Magnum and it was just punishment on the hands. One day I will have another one in 4" though. :)
Yeah it felt like Lou Ferrigno gave me a high five lol.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, this is the best one liner this month!

Congrats on the revolver - looks great!
Thanks man. Btw does anybody have an idea on what kind of holster would fit this? This is a Rossi that was made before Taurus bought them out. It is a model 877 .357 6-shot with a 2" barrel.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
Sorry didn't realize it was a 6 shot. I'd try a S&W K or L frame holster for 2".

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry didn't realize it was a 6 shot. I'd try a S&W K or L frame holster for 2".
Thanks man, yeah the J-Frame did not work. My LGS did not have any holsters in stock for K or L frame revolvers so I guess I will go back another day and try again.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
Gun shows usually have bunches along with Internet . You also might look at police supply shops.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gun shows usually have bunches along with Internet . You also might look at police supply shops.
The problem with the internet is that I cannot try the gun in the holster like I can at a store. Hmm I don't know of any police supply shops, but we have plenty of military supply stores because of the military base nearby.

·
Banned
767 Posts
$90?!?!? NICE man Good pickup, be safe!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$90?!?!? NICE man Good pickup, be safe!
I know, I almost felt bad about taking it off his hands for that price lol. If he wasn't a sheriff's deputy I probably would have had the serial number run!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
I know US cavalry store has a Law Enforcement section. I'd call them first to see if they carry at that store at Benning. Don't know how far that is from you. Or Ranger Joes?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts