New pup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nukinfuts29, Jun 6, 2012.

1. A year old, old family could not keep him. I have been looking for a German Shepherd for a while and my other half got him for me for fathers day. Now I need to name him...Gaston is leading the way but I'm not sold on it yet.

Attached Files:

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Looks like a Gaston! Congrats. German Shepards are awesome dogs!

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

He's beautiful! We had a female for 14 years and I still miss her. Smartest dog we ever had. One of these days I will have another.

4. Thanks!! My last one died of total kidnye failure around a year old. We have had Felon (husky) just as lon as we had Recon (last GS) but he is her dog and doesn't bark. I wanted another GS for a guard dog and to be mine.

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Nuk, looks like a Belgium shepherd. Good looking dog.

6. He could be, she found him through craigslist so we only know what they say. Vet check says he is solid though :)

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Thats pretty cool. Lots of people always flag those animal ads...

8. Glock897

Glock897 Member

You will name him Bosco, and he will lead millions.

9. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Very nice looking dog. I've heard the all black ones referred to as "German Police Dog", not sure what that means. I miss mine, passed in '95, was Spooky Smart. I'd like another, but she was a tough act to follow.

10. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Congrats!!!! <---
    They are great. Puppies are crazy tho so you did good with your purchase.

image-2257261069.jpg

image-930414998.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  11. I could have got a puppy, but i'm so over the puppy training. He is still young enough to go through the Leerburg home protection and all that and old enough that he knows to pee outside.

BTW they are too friggen cute man

12. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

The head is too wide and the snout not long enough. Plus, the coat isn't right for your typical groenendael. (belgian shepherd) IMO

Handsome pup. Looks like fun! Hope you have many years with the new addition. Congrats!

13. from the original ad

Attached Files:

14. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Very Cool. Soon he will be trained and like a ghost shadow. I love the all black.

image-2937591853.jpg

15. Name him Nukin Mutt ;)

Jim

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  16. Because it's against their terms of use. Not that I care, just saying for informational purposes.

Jim

17. oh my god that dog is cool

18. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Same here.

19. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Nuk, after looking at your second pick of him, I would bet Belgium. We had a Female Belgium and was the best shepherd I ever owned. Great with kids, very protective, and smart.

20. Good to know! Im excited to do the Leerburg training with him. His age is perfect