321 - 340 of 366 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
From TTAG:
Half the country is 2A Sanctuary!
1B5676F7-D18D-48F7-B6DB-5499CBD1B6F7.jpeg

The mainstream media has missed one of the biggest trend stories ever – the massive surge in Second Amendment sanctuaries at the state, county and local levels.
As it stands now, more than 46% of all counties in the United States have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries, according to Noah Davis of sanctuarycounties.comand its companion site constitutionalsanctuaries.com.
Davis has been tracking the movement since its inception – tallying the growing numbers every single day.
“There are 1,459 Second Amendment sanctuary counties, out of a total of 3,144 counties, but I’m still tallying them right now,” Davis told me Wednesday. “I’ve got a bit of a backlog. I’m working on updating my national map, but they’re happening so fast, and I’m just one person in Virginia.”
The 1,459 includes counties located in the 10 states that have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries, he explained.
Davis, too, has seen little interest and major errors in the media’s coverage of the Second Amendment sanctuary movement.
“There have been people writing about it, but most refer to an article that was published in the Trace more than a year ago,” he said. “That story indicated there were only 400 Second Amendment sanctuary counties, but that number is completely out of date.
“This is frustrating to me,” he said.
Davis explained that he was not politically active until the Democrats took control of the Virginia state government.
“They started proposing laws that would have made many Virginians like myself felons overnight,” he said. “I started looking for ways to fight back.”
Within a few months, he said, more than 95% of Virginia’s counties had declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, and then the movement was copied in Kentucky and Michigan.
“After that it just took off,” he said.
As the movement grew, Facebook intervened. Second Amendment sanctuary groups with hundreds of thousands of members were shuttered by Facebook in Michigan, Georgia and elsewhere.
“They realized we were being too effective,” Davis said.
You’d be hard-pressed to get half of America to agree that beer is good, or that steak should be served medium rare. Yet millions of Americans have forced their elected officials to erect a legislative wall around their communities to protect their gun rights.
Despite the skyrocketing trend, stories about the Second Amendment sanctuary movement are scarce, unless they’re anti-gun.
Vice news recently wrote a hit piece about the sanctuary movement: “These ‘Gun Sanctuary States’ Want to Destroy Biden’s Gun Control Plans.”
But even Vice couldn’t conceal the effectiveness of the movement.
“In the month of April alone, six states—Arizona, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and West Virginia—became so-called gun sanctuaries. But the specifics of the bills range widely, from political grandstanding, to having the potential to trigger a nasty constitutional showdown,” Vice reported. “At least seven more states, including Texas, have meanwhile introduced legislation proposing Second Amendment sanctuary protections. Four states—Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, and Wyoming—passed gun protection laws during the Obama administration.”
Language
Most Second Amendment sanctuary bills are simple. They declare that the municipal, county or state government simply won’t recognize or enforce any federal law that infringes upon the Second Amendment.
Many of these laws bar local officials from participating in any federal enforcement. Some add civil and criminal penalties.
A few would criminalize the actions of federal agents if they try to enforce federal gun laws, but many say this is a step too far, as it could spark costly lawsuits from the U.S. Justice Department.
Pushback
While some gun control proponents have spoken out against the Second Amendment sanctuary movement, they have not been as vocal as they have about other advances in gun rights.
The Giffords director of litigation, Hannah Shearer told Vice that sanctuary resolutions would be “confusing” for local officials, explaining that “making it a state policy to not enforce federal gun laws is going to compromise public safety and leave state and local officials confused about what they are allowed to do to help with the enforcement of federal gun laws.”
Even though Ms. Shearer isn’t giving local officials enough credit, compared to some of her other statements, she is almost being kind.
There has been very little of the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth over this nationwide trend from Giffords and other anti-gun groups, which could indicate they realize the scope of what they’re up against – nearly half of the country now supports the sanctuary movement.
Some cable TV news actors have referred to Second Amendment sanctuaries as symbolic, in what can be seen as an attempt to downplay or trivialize the movement. When a half of the country supports an issue – any issue – there’s nothing symbolic about it.
If the media needs to come up with a label for the Second Amendment sanctuary movement, call it a warning– a stern warning – for federal officials, especially the elected ones.

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
From TTAG:
Half the country is 2A Sanctuary!
View attachment 247012
The mainstream media has missed one of the biggest trend stories ever – the massive surge in Second Amendment sanctuaries at the state, county and local levels.
As it stands now, more than 46% of all counties in the United States have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries, according to Noah Davis of sanctuarycounties.comand its companion site constitutionalsanctuaries.com.
Davis has been tracking the movement since its inception – tallying the growing numbers every single day.
“There are 1,459 Second Amendment sanctuary counties, out of a total of 3,144 counties, but I’m still tallying them right now,” Davis told me Wednesday. “I’ve got a bit of a backlog. I’m working on updating my national map, but they’re happening so fast, and I’m just one person in Virginia.”
The 1,459 includes counties located in the 10 states that have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries, he explained.
Davis, too, has seen little interest and major errors in the media’s coverage of the Second Amendment sanctuary movement.
“There have been people writing about it, but most refer to an article that was published in the Trace more than a year ago,” he said. “That story indicated there were only 400 Second Amendment sanctuary counties, but that number is completely out of date.
“This is frustrating to me,” he said.
Davis explained that he was not politically active until the Democrats took control of the Virginia state government.
“They started proposing laws that would have made many Virginians like myself felons overnight,” he said. “I started looking for ways to fight back.”
Within a few months, he said, more than 95% of Virginia’s counties had declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, and then the movement was copied in Kentucky and Michigan.
“After that it just took off,” he said.
As the movement grew, Facebook intervened. Second Amendment sanctuary groups with hundreds of thousands of members were shuttered by Facebook in Michigan, Georgia and elsewhere.
“They realized we were being too effective,” Davis said.
You’d be hard-pressed to get half of America to agree that beer is good, or that steak should be served medium rare. Yet millions of Americans have forced their elected officials to erect a legislative wall around their communities to protect their gun rights.
Despite the skyrocketing trend, stories about the Second Amendment sanctuary movement are scarce, unless they’re anti-gun.
Vice news recently wrote a hit piece about the sanctuary movement: “These ‘Gun Sanctuary States’ Want to Destroy Biden’s Gun Control Plans.”
But even Vice couldn’t conceal the effectiveness of the movement.
“In the month of April alone, six states—Arizona, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and West Virginia—became so-called gun sanctuaries. But the specifics of the bills range widely, from political grandstanding, to having the potential to trigger a nasty constitutional showdown,” Vice reported. “At least seven more states, including Texas, have meanwhile introduced legislation proposing Second Amendment sanctuary protections. Four states—Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, and Wyoming—passed gun protection laws during the Obama administration.”
Language
Most Second Amendment sanctuary bills are simple. They declare that the municipal, county or state government simply won’t recognize or enforce any federal law that infringes upon the Second Amendment.
Many of these laws bar local officials from participating in any federal enforcement. Some add civil and criminal penalties.
A few would criminalize the actions of federal agents if they try to enforce federal gun laws, but many say this is a step too far, as it could spark costly lawsuits from the U.S. Justice Department.
Pushback
While some gun control proponents have spoken out against the Second Amendment sanctuary movement, they have not been as vocal as they have about other advances in gun rights.
The Giffords director of litigation, Hannah Shearer told Vice that sanctuary resolutions would be “confusing” for local officials, explaining that “making it a state policy to not enforce federal gun laws is going to compromise public safety and leave state and local officials confused about what they are allowed to do to help with the enforcement of federal gun laws.”
Even though Ms. Shearer isn’t giving local officials enough credit, compared to some of her other statements, she is almost being kind.
There has been very little of the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth over this nationwide trend from Giffords and other anti-gun groups, which could indicate they realize the scope of what they’re up against – nearly half of the country now supports the sanctuary movement.
Some cable TV news actors have referred to Second Amendment sanctuaries as symbolic, in what can be seen as an attempt to downplay or trivialize the movement. When a half of the country supports an issue – any issue – there’s nothing symbolic about it.
If the media needs to come up with a label for the Second Amendment sanctuary movement, call it a warning– a stern warning – for federal officials, especially the elected ones.
I live in the part of WA state that is not sanctuary.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Big city centers are notoriously liberal pretty much across the nation if not world.
Yes, same thing with the big cities in Florida for example. But when you look at FL, you see a lot more of 2A counties than Texas.

We always look at Texas, FL and a couple of others states as the leading states in the fight for freedom and our Constitution.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Yes, same thing with the big cities in Florida for example. But when you look at FL, you see a lot more of 2A counties than Texas.

We always look at Texas, FL and a couple of others states as the leading states in the fight for freedom and our Constitution.
Unfortunately Texas has lagged a number of states on a number of pro-2A things. The last number of years they’ve been following Oklahoma’s lead. 😧
Texas is tops when it comes to NFA items. Suppressors out the wazoo!
Texas hasn’t ranked in the top 5 as long as I recall but that might change with Constitutional Carry passing.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Sig ain’t sitting on its laurels!
From SSD:
Construction of SIG SAUER Experience Center Begins in Epping, New Hampshire
May 7th, 2021
NEWINGTON, N.H., (May 7, 2021) – SIG SAUER, Inc., is pleased to announce the official commencement of the construction of the SIG SAUER Experience Center on the grounds of the SIG SAUER Academy in Epping, New Hampshire.

Today, Ron Cohen, President of SIG SAUER, Inc. was joined by Governor Chris Sununu and other local and state dignitaries, for the official groundbreaking ceremony at the future site of the SIG SAUER Experience Center, a state-of-the-art 40,500 square foot facility on the grounds of the SIG SAUER Academy in Epping, New Hampshire.
“SIG SAUER is growing, and we are excited to officially break ground for the SIG SAUER Experience to mark the beginning of another phase of our evolution,” began Ron Cohen, President and CEO, SIG SAUER, Inc. “This facility will attract visitors to the New England region from all over the world and create new jobs, and we view this endeavor as a true partnership with our state and local leaders that have worked hard to foster an environment where SIG can grow and thrive and are one of the secrets to our continued success and growth here in New Hampshire.”
The SIG SAUER Experience Center will feature the SIG SAUER flagship retail showroom, state-of-the-art indoor shooting ranges, and a high-tech, interactive SIG SAUER museum depicting the history of SIG SAUER, and a one-of-a-kind educational experience for SIG SAUER products, a multi-purpose meeting space and conference rooms.
“The continued expansion of SIG SAUER’s New Hampshire operations with this new construction in Epping is another welcome addition by SIG SAUER to our growing economy,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “SIG SAUER is one of New Hampshire’s largest employers providing a diverse mix of high-tech manufacturing jobs to our workforce, and I am glad to partner with them as they continue to firmly plant their roots right here in the Granite State.”
Design-Build services are being provided by North Branch Construction and architectural design by Cowan Goudreau Architects both of Concord, NH. Civil engineering services are being provided by T.F. Moran, Inc. of Bedford, NH.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
From SSD:
FN Expands Pistol Offerings with All-FDE FN Five-Seven and FN 503 Micro Compact
May 7th, 2021
(McLean, VA – May 7, 2021) Catering to the requests of shooting enthusiasts and FN brand fans alike, FN America, LLC is pleased to announce the release of new flat dark earth (FDE) offerings in both its FN Five-seveN® and FN 503® line-ups, available at authorized retailers soon.
“Today’s gun buyer is looking for variety and options, not just with accessories but with color variants that stand out in unique and noticeable ways,” said Chris Cole, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for FN America, LLC. “FN’s all-FDE models certainly stand out and we feel that these new releases in our signature color give consumers greater options to further customize, and personalize, their gun and gear setups.”
FN Five-seveN FDE
The original FN Five-seveN®, often imitated but hardly duplicated, has two decades of trusted service with allied armies, global law enforcement and civilians.
Extending its groundbreaking design is a new, all flat dark earth frame and slide. With improved range and accuracy over common pistol cartridges, the NATO-standardized 5.7x28mm, developed by FN, is fired from the chrome-lined cold hammer-forged barrel.
Pinpoint accuracy and minimal felt recoil is standard issue. Equipped with an internal hammer, the smooth trigger with a predictable break further enhances accuracy.
This new all-FDE model, available with 10-rd or 20-rd magazines, replaces the existing two-toned FDE and Black. Existing California-compliant Five-Seven models remain unchanged.
FN 503 FDE
The latest update to FN’s micro compact 9mm pistol, now available in flat dark earth, is inspired by the company’s legendary reputation for battle-proven quality. Setting a new standard in concealed carry handguns, the 503 is more controllable and accurate thanks to a full-height grip stippling and a best-in-class trigger breaking cleanly at approximately 5.5-lbs. The FN 503 is a discreet and comfortable gun that conceals easily thanks to its slim profile. The snag-free all-metal 3 dot sights deliver an instant and crisp sight picture.
To learn more about these latest offerings or explore FN’s full product line, please visit www.fnamerica.com.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Really?
Really?
It ain’t April 1.

I want a Glock pistol caliber carbine with a 7-10 inches barrel.
In 223/5.56, I’m happy with my ARs.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·

I want a Glock pistol caliber carbine with a 7-10 inches barrel.
In 223/5.56, I’m happy with my ARs.
Overbuilt for a PCC. Can’t see it being a good alternate to the AR-15 as we have millions upon millions of those in circulation already. Looks like it’ll feed from a normal AR mag, which a proprietary one would probably kill it upon launch,
I don’t know, if it outperforms an AR in a significant way then maybe but otherwise I think it’s a fool’s errand.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Overbuilt for a PCC. Can’t see it being a good alternate to the AR-15 as we have millions upon millions of those in circulation already. Looks like it’ll feed from a normal AR mag, which a proprietary one would probably kill it upon launch,
I don’t know, if it outperforms an AR in a significant way then maybe but otherwise I think it’s a fool’s errand.
I agree. In 5.56 it is a fool’s errand.
They will sell millions if it were a 9mm/40cal/45acp/10mm carbine.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms

Well here it is. The first rule under the Biden administration to go after 80% builds. I don’t know what good it’ll do to flood them with opposition to the proposed rule but we might as well do it.

Be professional with your comments. If your comments contain profanity, they will not be considered by the ATF, and/or if you fail to meet any of the other requirements.

Submit a Comment on Proposed Rule 2021R-05
ATF requests comments on the proposed rule, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms, from all interested persons.

ATF specifically requests comments on the feasibility of implementing the new definition of firearm “frame or receiver” in 27 CFR 478.11 and 27 CFR 479.11, and related definitions and amendments that ensure the proper marking, record keeping, and traceability of all firearms manufactured, imported, acquired and disposed by federal firearms licensees. ATF also requests comments on the costs or benefits of the proposed rule and on the appropriate methodology and data for calculating those costs and benefits.

Link to Submit comments online:
https://www.regulations.gov/ Submit a Comment, instructions: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/definition-frame-or-receiver/submit-comment

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
From SSD:
SIG SAUER, Inc Files P365 Magazine Patent Infringement Case Against Springfield, Inc
May 11th, 2021
NEWINGTON, N.H., (May 11, 2021) – Today, SIG SAUER, Inc., filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, Rock Island Division, alleging that Springfield, Inc. (Springfield Armory) infringes two SIG patents relating to SIG’s P365 magazine.
The P365 has seen tremendous commercial success, due to the innovative design of the high-capacity magazine. In its complaint, SIG alleges that Springfield Armory’s making and selling of certain “Hellcat” branded magazines infringes upon two SIG patents. SIG SAUER is seeking injunctive relief, as well as monetary damages for Springfield Armory’s past and ongoing infringement.
Ron Cohen, President and Chief Executive Officer, made the following statement:
“When the SIG SAUER P365 was introduced it took the market by storm as the most innovative high-capacity, micro-compact pistol to be introduced due to its magazine capacity, and quickly became one of the top selling handguns in the market due to this unprecedented innovation. SIG is not a litigious company, but given the extent of infringement by Springfield, SIG has a responsibility to protect both our intellectual property and the significant investment we make to develop our innovative products. As a company we are proud to yield more than 100 patents worldwide, with more than 40 patent applications currently pending, and we will protect the extensive research and design that goes into developing these patents rigorously.”
www.sigsauer.com

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
This administration just doesn’t get it. The gangbangers aren’t building their guns so going after the 80% builds would do absolutely nothing to stop violent crime. The biggest deterrent for violent crime is very harsh sentencing when you’re caught, and an armed society that can protect themselves from being victims.

321 - 340 of 366 Posts