Glock Firearms banner

241 - 260 of 301 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Arson Machine Co – WireGuide System

Arson Machine’s WireGuide System is offered in Picatinny and MLok versions which allows them to be used alone, or combined to secure device cables to your carbine’s forend.

These low profile guides feature a channel which clamps the activation cable.

The MLok versions are offered in 90 deg Clamp, Thru Clamp, and End Clamp styles while the Picatinny versions accept with single or double cables.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Spiritus Systems Presents: An Introduction to the Direct Action Resource Center’s Law Enforcement Counter Terrorism Course, Level 2

The Direct Action Resource Center located in North Little Rock, Arkansas provides professional training to Military, Law Enforcement and Citizens. Spiritus Systems had the opportunity to attend the Law Enforcement Counter Terrorism Course, Level 2 or “LECTC2” recently.
The course was comprised of professional SWAT and Patrol officers from around the country and has a prerequisite of “LECTC1” to attend. This class was 6 days long and included copious amounts of explosive breaching, live fire CQB, live fire sniper support and contested force on force sim munition training.
DARC recently released a full class calendar for 2021 on their website and will be expanding their open enrollment offerings to include both the TUSC (Tactical Urban Sustainment Course) and Precision rifle TUSC. Spiritus Systems plans to release additional content over the coming year that brings those online closer to the action at DARC and give a glimpse of the advanced training that happens at the island.
For a full class description and attendance requirements please contact the Direct Action Resource Center at www.darc-usa.com.
To learn more about Spiritus Systems products you can visit www.spiritussystems.com.

————————————————-
Looks like a pretty badass class!

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Arson Machine Co – WireGuide System

Arson Machine’s WireGuide System is offered in Picatinny and MLok versions which allows them to be used alone, or combined to secure device cables to your carbine’s forend.

These low profile guides feature a channel which clamps the activation cable.

The MLok versions are offered in 90 deg Clamp, Thru Clamp, and End Clamp styles while the Picatinny versions accept with single or double cables.
Looks nicer then the black ranger bands, lol!

·
Super Moderator
62,378 Posts
From SSD:
SIG SAUER Expands P365 XSERIES with P365X ROMEOZero

NEWINGTON, N.H., (March 12, 2021) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to introduce the P365X ROMEOZero, the newest addition to the P365 series of pistols. The P365X ROMEOZero combines the 3.1 inch barrel of the original P365 with the P365XL XSERIES grip module, featuring a 12-round flush fit magazine, with a factory installed ROMEOZero red dot sight, bringing a new level of performance to everyday carry.

“The SIG SAUER P365 series of pistols is the leader in the industry for everyday carry and continues to set the standard for delivering unprecedented capacity in a micro-compact size,” said Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “The introduction of the P365X ROMEOZero further redefines everyday carry by combining the XSERIES features first introduced with the popular P365XL – including the larger grip module and XSERIES trigger – with the shorter 3.1 inch barrel of the original P365, making it an all-around more comfortable concealed carry pistol.”
The SIG SAUER P365X ROMEOZero is a 9mm striker-fired pistol, featuring the XSERIES P365 grip module with an integrated carry magwell and extended beavertail, with the standard 3.1 inch P365 barrel and slide with XSERIES markings, a factory installed ROMEOZero micro-open reflex sight, X-RAY3 day/night front sight, and the XSERIES flat trigger with a 90-degree break. The P365X ROMEOZero ships with two 12-round magazines (15-round magazines available separately).
The SIG SAUER Electro-Optics ROMEZero micro-open reflex sight optimized for everyday concealed carry, and for pistols with slim slides. The sight features a ruggedized, weapons grade, textured polymer body, Spectracoat™ Polymer lens system, 8 vivid, user configurable daytime illumination levels, MOTAC™ (motion activated illumination system), a highly efficient point source LED emitter for a crisp dot that’s 8 times more efficient than conventional red dots, and an integrated rear sight notch for co-witness with a standard height P365 front sight.
P365X ROMEOZero Specs:
Overall Length: 6 inches
Overall Height: 5.5 inches
Overall Width: 1.1 inches
Barrel Length: 3.1 inches
Sight Radius: 4.9 inches
Weight (w/ magazine): 18 oz.
ROMEOZero Micro Open Reflex Sight Specs:
Overall Height: .93 inches
Overall Length: 1.6 inches
Overall Width: .93 inches
Sight Window: .72 inches x .61 inches
Battery: CR1632
Brightness Adjustment: Manual Push-Button
Brightness Settings: 8 daytime settings
Weight: 0.4 ounces
The P365 XSERIES include the P365X ROMEOZero, P365XL, and P365XL ROMEOZero. To learn more about the entire P365 XSERIES including the P365X ROMEOZero or watch the product video with Phil Strader visit sigsauer.com.
The SIG SAUER P365X ROMEOZero is now shipping and available at retailers.
Finally. Had mine for years.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
From TFB:

Diversified Machine Website Seized by the ATF – Form 1 Cans Doomed?

Diversified Machine Website Seized by the ATF - Form 1 Cans Doomed?

It seems that the ATF may be targeting Form 1 suppressors soon. Form 1 suppressors are 100% legal to make and own and they in no way violate NFA regulations. However, despite this, last December (2020) Diversified Machine of Detroit had their facility raided by the ATF and had all of their inventory seized by the agency. Just a few short months later on January 14th, the ATF has sized their websiteDiversifiedMachine.us.

Diversified Machine Website Seized by the ATF – Form 1 Cans Doomed?
I cannot authoritatively speak to as why Diversified Machine had their inventory and then subsequently their website seized but it doesn’t appear according to archives of their website that they were doing anything illicit. Meanwhile, other companiesstill offer the same service and are operating normally.

The process for making/supplying one of these Form 1 Kits is fairly simple. While most of us don’t have access to the equipment necessary to manufacture our own suppressors such as a lathe or vertical mill, most of us do have access or can get easy access to a drill press. Form 1 Kit companies simply provide the raw materials necessary in order for you to manufacture your own suppressor parts so as to not violate NFA regulations surrounding suppressors.

If you happen to be in possession of a suppressor or silencer that was sold by a Diversified Machine, it is apparently a violation of federal law. If this is the case, the ATF is requesting that you contact your nearest ATF office – to what end, I do not know. All that being said, I do not see any reason why if the suppressor is properly registered it would be in violation of any federal laws. Some manufacturers even go as far as to require that you send them a link to your approved form 1 before supplies can be sent to you.

This is once again another frustrating example of the ATF’s “on a whim” enforcement and regulation-making that makes an already tense portion of the firearms industry even more of a struggle to deal with. If you’re in the process of making a Form 1 suppressor, be sure to read Editor in Chief Pete M’s article on how to properly build out your own NFA Compliant Home-made Suppressor.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
From TFB:
Ruger Introduces New Carry Pistols – The MAX-9

Ruger MAX-9 (Ruger)
Ruger have introduced a new micro-compact carry pistol – the Ruger MAX-9. with a 3.2in barrel, a weight of 18.4 ounces and a standard capacity of the 12+1 it is firmly aimed at the EDC market to compete with pistols like SIG Sauer’s P365 series and Springfield Armory’s Hellcat.
The MAX-9 comes with a standard Tritium Fiber Optic front sight and an optic ready cut slide for red dots as standard and the new pistols have a manual frame-mounted, low profile safety while the Pro model can be purchased without. All models of the pistol have an MSRP of $499.

Ruger MAX-9 & MAX-9 Pro (Ruger)
Here’s what Ruger have to say about the MAX-9:
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is excited to introduce the MAX-9™ – a pistol with all the features of a full-sized handgun in a size that is comfortable for everyday carry. Chambered in 9mm Luger, the Ruger® MAX-9 has an impressive 12+1 capacity. It measures just 6″ long, has a slide width of less than 1″, weighs 18.4 ounces, and is equipped with a 3.2″ barrel. This micro-sized pistol fits comfortably in an inside the waistband holster or pocket holster, or conveniently in a concealed carry purse.
The MAX-9 features a tritium fiber optic day/night front sight that adapts to a variety of light conditions, and comes optic ready for direct mounting of co-witnessed JPoint™ and Shield-pattern micro red dot sights. The 10-round magazines fit into a comfortably sized, medium-textured grip and 12-round magazines not only provide additional capacity, but also increase the surface area of the grip. Standard models are available with an ergonomic and intuitive thumb safety that operates similarly to those found on 1911-style pistols, and Pro models are available without the external manual safety lever. All models feature an integrated trigger safety and a loaded chamber viewport that provides visual indication of a cartridge in the chamber.
“The Ruger MAX-9 is a game changer,” said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. “With industry-leading features at a highly competitive price, this American-made handgun will provide a versatile option for consumers looking for a superior offering in the popular micro-compact market.”
Like many Ruger pistols, this striker-fired pistol is built on a precision-machined, rigid aluminum fire control chassis and fitted with a durable, through-hardened steel slide and accurate hammer-forged barrel. The MAX-9 ships with two E-Nickel Teflon® coated magazines: either one 12- and one 10-round, or two 10-round magazines.

Ruger MAX-9 (Ruger)
Ruger MAX-9 Specs:
  • Capacity: 12+1
  • Slide Material: Through-Hardened Alloy Steel
  • Slide Finish: Black Oxide
  • Slide Width: 0.95″
  • Safety Option: Standard Model – With External Manual Safety Lever
  • Grip Frame: : High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
  • Feature: Optic Ready
  • Barrel Material: Alloy Steel
  • Barrel Finish: Black Oxide
  • Barrel Length: 3.20″
  • Front Sight: Tritium Fiber Optic
  • Rear Sight: Drift Adjustable
  • Magazines Included: One 12-Round and One 10-Round
  • Overall Length: 6″
  • Weight: 18.4 oz.
  • Height: 4.52″
  • Grooves: 6
  • Twist: 1:10″ RH

Ruger MAX-9 (Ruger)
Check out Ruger’s website for more information and a video giving the rundown on the new pistol here.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·

———————————————
Looks like Ruger designers and KelTec designers are the same people.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
TFB Review: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Plus 13+1 Round Micro-Compact Pistol
Introducing the NEW 13+1 Shield Plus Micro-Compact Pistol

The micro-compact striker-fired pistol market just received its latest contender! Joining the ranks of Glock, SIG Sauer, and Springfield, the new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Plus is the latest double-stack 9mm micro-compact pistol to put its name in the ring. Although Smith & Wesson is a little bit late to the game, I was more than excited when they sent me out one for testing and review as I have been impatiently anticipating the release of this pistol since the introduction of the M&P Shield 9EZ back in 2019. So is the M&P Shield Plus going to sink or swim in the waters of the micro-compact 9mm carry pistol arena? Let’s find out.

TFB Review: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Plus 13+1 Round Micro-Compact Pistol
Introduced in 2005 and quickly adopted by myself as soon as I was able to gain my concealed carry license, the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield was an 8-round single-stack polymer pistol that was not only reliable and concealable but extremely inexpensive. At the time, this was one of the biggest selling points for me after just exiting college. The pistol was nonetheless a huge success in the concealed carry pistol market which led to improvements over the years. I purchased mine on sale for about $200.
In 2017, Smith & Wesson introduced the Shield 2.0 which received a new grip texture and slide serrations and an improved trigger. Now in 2021, we finally have the 13+1 capacity Shield Plus. So what features does it bring to the table besides the increased magazine capacity and what exactly has changed about the pistol compared to its earlier iterations?

SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD PLUS FEATURES
  • Magazines: Double Stack 13 extended magazine or 10 round flush fit
  • Trigger: Striker Fired with a semi-flat trigger shoe
  • Frame: Cerakote Black Polymer
  • Slide Coating: Armornite Coating
  • Weight: 20.2 oz (unloaded with a 10-round magazine)
  • Barrel Length: 3.1-inches
  • Width: 1.1 Wide (0.94″ if you exclude controls)
  • MSRP: $553

IMPROVED FEATURES
The price alone makes the Shield Plus the most inexpensive option in the double-stack 9mm micro-compact market to date. As with the first generation shield you can probably expect these pistols to have a much lower street price than their advertised MSRP. When taking into consideration all of the specifications of the Shield Plus, you pretty much are getting a slightly larger slightly bigger capacity, Smith & Wesson Shield. However, there are a few more features that separate the Shield Plus from your Standard Shield and Shield 2.0 pistols.

New Trigger
The first thing most of you will notice about the new appearance is the trigger – the trigger looks like something you’d normally find on an aftermarket modified pistol or something out of the Smith & Wesson Performance Center line of pistols. The improved trigger is purportedly the same mechanism as the previous Smith & Wesson shield except with the notable difference of having a semi-flat trigger shoe in place of the curved one.

I’ve always appreciated the take-up, break and reset of Smith & Wesson’s striker-fired triggers and the added bonus of an almost flat trigger shoe makes this probably the best out-of-the-box striker-fired trigger for me. Before my first trip to the range with the pistol, I was getting an average of about 3lbs on my trigger scale for the M&P Shield Plus and an average of about 3 lbs 14 oz for the standard Shield. If the internal mechanisms are all the same, then the lighter trigger pull can most likely be attributed to the new geometry of the trigger shoe.
Even though the trigger is a bit on the lighter side, I still feel safe enough to carry it both inside of a hard polymer holster or my preferred method of carrying – belly band.

New Grip Texture and Frame Coating
If you were to take a strong look at the standard Shield or Shield 2.0 and compare it side by side with the Shield Plus, you’d notice that the sheen of the frame is slightly different. This is because Smith & Wesson opted to have the frame coated in matte black Cerakote in order to more evenly blend the color of the Armornite finished slide with the rest of the frame.

On that note, you’ll probably notice that my old shield has a drastically different colored gray slide compared to standard models. That’s because through years of carrying I managed to sweat through Smith & Wessons Armornite coating. When I first received the Shield Plus, somehow the pistol inexplicably ended up in a cup of coffee (which is mildly acidic) before I even had a chance to shoot the gun. Despite this dip in mild caffeine flavored acid and being carried around for a straight week for 10+ hours a day the pistol’s coating managed to show no signs of giving way.

The pistol also features a much less aggressive grip texturing than the Shield 2.0 which was extremely abrasive and would give you a nasty rash throughout a day of carrying. While Smith & Wesson didn’t scale the texture back all the way into the Shield 1.0 age, they did reduce the aggressiveness just enough to make it not painful to carry around. This is a huge plus in my book and really makes the pistol that much better to carry and shoot.
Optics Ready Versions Coming Soon
Smith & Wesson didn’t have any copies of the optics-ready version of the pistol available to send out ahead of release but they did tell TFB that they would be coming out with RMSc pattern optics cut. In addition, they should have a couple different variations from their Performance Center line which will be completely revealed at a later date. The Performance Center pistols should (I would assume) feature all the improvements you’ve come to expect from the upgraded line of pistols including optics cuts, ported barrels, fiber optic sights, and lightning cut slides.

I hope that the new mounting plates included for the Shield Plus will be made out of metal instead of the plastic they normally give with their other pistols. I don’t actually know if the adapter plate material matters as far as durability but it always struck me as odd to have plastic included as part of a force-bearing piece of a pistol.
CLASSIC PERFORMANCE
Despite the numerous improvements made to the Shield Plus, Smith & Wesson thoughtfully and rightfully (in my opinion) kept much of the old features. Without being told this, I attempted to fit my Shield Plus into my Shield 1.0 holster and to my surprise, it fit perfectly. The Shield Plus will also be compatible with all previous generations of sights for the pistol.

This backward compatibility is a great feature in and of itself especially for people who have already heavily invested in the previous versions of the shield. One thing I might end up doing if I purchase a Shield Plus would be to swap out the great 3-dot white sights with the M&P tritium night sights. So right out of the box, you have sight and holster availability in the aftermarket department without needing to wait for the industry to catch up to the shock of a new pistol on the market.
IN THE FIELD WITH THE SHIELD PLUS
Like I said earlier, I only had this pistol for a short amount of time – about 10 days before publishing this review. In that time I was only able to make a couple of range trips and altogether I put about 500 or so rounds through the Shield Plus. So how does the Shield Plus carry and how does it shoot? In short: pretty damn well. The Shield design has always been an extremely concealable piece even for a relatively short guy.

The Shield Plus carries almost the exact same footprint (and is slightly lighter) than its previous iterations and I don’t notice the slightly wider grip at all. The hardest dimension to conceal of any pistol is always going to be the butt of the gun and this is what is really great about the Shield Plus design – it’s not any longer even with an extra 5 rounds of capacity. The new Mec-Gar made magazines are just slightly wider than the vanilla Shield magazines and also feature a smooth blacked-out coating which makes magazine changes feel much smoother.

The old Shield magazines compared with the new Mec-Gar made magazines.
I put 550 rounds total through the pistol throughout the week mostly shooting a mix of 115-grain ball and 135-grain TC polymer-coated ammunition – no flaws there. In addition to that, I also tested the Shield Plus with a full 50 round box of Federal 147 grain HST and a full box of Liberty Civil Defense 50 grain +P ammunition. As far as I can tell, the Shield Plus is functionally identical to the two previous versions of the shield and collectively I have well over 3,000 rounds through all versions of the Shield combined with next to no non-ammunition-related malfunctions.
The biggest difference comes with the shootability of the Shield Plus which is a superb experience when compared with the old version of the shield. The slight palm swell in combination with the less aggressive grip tape texture fits in my hands perfectly and is just right in terms of grip texture and comfort. In addition, the improved trigger geometry means better accuracy (for me at least). With the standard Shield, I tend to pull shots a little low and to the left (it gets even worse without the pinky extension) but with the Shield Plus and the improved trigger design, this problem is drastically reduced.

As a final note on range performance, if I could sweet-talk Smith & Wesson into doing one thing it would be to improve the slide release design. The slide release on the Shield Pistols has always been one of my biggest pet peeves about the design of an otherwise top-performing carry pistol. Right out of the box and with no magazine inserted, the slide release is probably the stiffest on the market which doesn’t bode well for fast reloads. Instead, with Shield pistols, I opt to “slingshot” the slide back into a battery over choosing to use the slide release. If they could improve this feature, I’d literally have nothing negative to say about the Shield Plus.

FINAL THOUGHTS
It’s better late than never” is the common idiom and I think it fully applies in the case of the release of Shield Plus. Despite arriving late to the game, the Shield Plus brings legendary reliability, increased capacity, and improved features over its already popular classic design and I think it deserves a place at the table along with the other micro-compact 9mm pistols.
If you’re already heavily invested in another platform, I don’t see it likely that you’d want to switch over to the Shield Plus for the updated features alone. Although, you may be swayed by the combination of the improved features and magazine capacity. The Shield already started off as a superb pistol but I feel like the introduction of the Shield Plus makes the original Shield functionally obsolete.

To sum it up, Smith & Wesson didn’t set out to reinvent the wheel. Instead, the guys at Smith & Wesson put their collective heads together to make smart, thoughtful improvements over one of their existing designs to bring you one of the least expensive and feature-rich double stack micro-compact 9mm pistols available on the market.

————————————————————-
I wasn’t a fan of the Shield for a number of reasons but this looks really good.
Remembering that Shields were running $250 pre-Covid, if these can be found for $300-$350 if things ever normalize, it’ll be a real winner.
Backwards holster capability is a BIG plus as well.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
TFB Review: Shockwave Tech’s Raptor F1 Shotgun Furniture For 870’s, 500 & 590’s
Shockwave Tech Raptor F1 shotgun furniture

Shockwave Technologies have introduced their Raptor F1 shotgun furniture kits for the Mossberg 500/590 and Remington 870 shotgun models. These furniture sets include the forend and heat shield, and a bird’s head pistol grip. Shockwave Tech was nice enough to send a sample of each to review. Bird’s head shotgun grips have become wildly popular of late since the release of the Mossberg Shockwave, and Remington Tac-14 and Tac-13 shotguns. Shockwave Tech’s shotgun forearm furniture is a new, modular take on the forend with a twist. The optional top cover to the Shockwave Technologies forearm attaches to the slide action and acts as a heat shield, and also incorporates a front and rear sight.

RAPTOR F1 SHOTGUN FURNITURE: INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
I typically like a traditionally stocked shotgun, but my initial impressions of the Shockwave Technologies shotgun furniture were pretty favorable, and I began to understand more about the shorty shotgun configuration the more I held the Raptor F1 furniture. The bird’s head grip feels extremely solid, which I initially just chalked it up to good engineering and materials. However, considering that a shotgun equipped with a bird’s head pistol grip is really limited to close-in fighting, I’m now convinced that the solid construction of the Shockwave Tech grip is meant to double as a melee weapon, and this would certainly hold up in a self-defense fight.

Shockwave-Tech-Raptor-F1-shotgun-furniture-870

Right off the bat, I liked the high-walled, slabbed sides of the new forearm, which includes M-LOK slots for mounting lights and lasers. Overall, the forearm looks pretty good just by itself, but my only gripe with it is that the contoured portion in the middle makes it look a bit more like a toy, but the construction of the forearm is also very solid, and I didn’t doubt that it too would hold up to long term use and abuse. The heat shield that attaches to the forearm is a unique addition that looks a lot like an FN M249 handguard. This inclusion may seem a little strange, but it does add a curiously aggressive look to the overall package. Once I had mounted the forend to my Remington 870, I was pleased to find that it didn’t interfere with my side saddle when the action was open.

The heat shield’s integrated sights are a unique feature that users may or may not find useful. One negative aspect in regards to accuracy is that the sights are inherently attached to the forend, which has a certain amount of play in it due to the circular magazine tube it surrounds. If users should find that the sights interfere with their iron sights, they can easily be cut off from the heat shield.

RANGE TIME WITH THE SHOCKWAVE TECH FURNITURE
The Shockwave Technologies Raptor F1 shotgun forend felt good in my hand, and I found that I liked gripping it with my fingers high on the slab sides. Although, working the forend with a tighter grip on the ribbed contoured center section worked just fine too. The Raptor F1 heat shield naturally keeps your fingers from getting burned on the barrel, but also allows a more whole handed grip while the F1 pistol grip is installed. This combination, though unconventional, does work with a lower firing position such as from the hip. Wrapping my thumb over the heat shield helped with recoil management (a lot), as well as helping rack the action without having to move my thumb off the barrel first since it’s connected to the slide action. Despite the non-traditional look, I was actually quite impressed by the function and design to simplify the shorty, boomstick-style shotgun configuration into a more efficient self-defense weapon.

Since my Remington 870 short-barreled shotgun project was still in progress, it was missing a front sight, so the Shockwave Tech Raptor F1 heat shield didn’t have anything in the way. As seen in the picture below, my first shot with the Raptor F1 forend and heat shield worked with the integrated sights as I hit the bad guy target in the head (the rest of the shots were with no sights at all). I was shooting in low light, so I was a bit distracted by the large fireball from my 12 inch barrel that I didn’t notice the heat shield fly off. I think two things contributed to this. First, since I was using a traditional stock at the time and actually aiming down the sights, my thumb wasn’t over the cover. Secondly, I had also forgotten to fasten the supplied heat shield retaining screw, so between those two factors and the proximity of the muzzle of the 12 inch barrel produced enough blast to remove the heat shield. Considering that the Raptor F1 furniture was designed to make as short a shotgun as legally possible, such as the Remington Tac-14 and the Mossberg Shockwave with 14-inch barrels, I’m sure the top cover is safely positioned enough behind the muzzle. Just remember to install the heat shield retaining screw regardless of what length barrel you have.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I’ve always preferred traditional style stocks on shotguns, but the Shockwave Technologies Raptor F1 furniture actually helped me wrap my head around the popularity of the pistol gripped style shotguns. The unique heat shield design of attaching it directly to the forend may not be completely necessary while using a shoulder stocked shotgun, but almost seems like a requirement to me now while using a pistol grip only.
Shockwave Technologies sent me their Raptor F1 kits, but they also sell each component individually, as well as a 410 bore option for Mossbergs and a 20 gauge option for Remingtons. Their forearm removal tool was quite handy since it works on both Remington and Mossberg shotguns, which is listed for $13.95.

The Raptor F1 kits are listed for $69.95, the pistol grip by itself is $24.95, while the forend only is $24.95 and the heat shield is $16.95. You can view all of Shockwave Tech’s products at their website, or check out their shotgun pages for each individual component for Mossbergs and Remingtons.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
From TFB:
Smith & Wesson Sees 102% Sales Increase from First Time Gun Buyers

Smith & Wesson believes that their recent boost in gun sales can be attributed to first-time gun buyers according to an earnings release on Thursday, March 4th, 2021. In addition to the impressive sales increase, it also seems that Smith & Wesson has been able to keep up with the demand of the market by delivering over 1.8 million units in the first three quarters of their fiscal year.

This partial excerpt below from the earnings release features the key points behind Smith & Wesson 102% sales increase.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Consolidated Financial Highlights
  • Quarterly net sales were $257.6 million compared with $127.4 million for the comparable quarter last year, an increase of 102.2%.
  • Gross margin for the quarter was 42.6% compared with 28% for the comparable quarter last year.
  • Quarterly GAAP net income was a record $62.3 million, or $1.12 per diluted share, compared with $4.2 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, for the comparable quarter last year.
  • Quarterly non-GAAP net income was $62.4 million, or $1.12 per diluted share, compared with $7.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, for the comparable quarter last year. GAAP to non-GAAP adjustments for income exclude costs related to the spin-off of the outdoor products and accessories business, COVID-19 related expenses, and other costs. For a detailed reconciliation, see the schedules that follow in this release.
  • Quarterly non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDAS was $89.8 million, or 34.9% of net sales, compared with $15.0 million, or 11.8% of net sales, for the comparable quarter last year.
Mark Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “I could not be more proud of our dedicated American workforce as, for the third time in a row, they delivered a record-breaking quarter for our great historic company. Over the past year, millions of our fellow Americans from all walks of life have chosen to empower themselves by exercising their 2nd Amendment rights for the first time, and our loyal employees have risen to the challenge – delivering over 1.8 million units in the first three quarters of our fiscal year alone, ensuring that these new members of the shooting sports community were able to choose the highest quality, innovative firearms that Smith & Wesson has been known for since 1852. All of this was accomplished while implementing and maintaining aggressive safety measures and process changes to keep safe in the midst of the COVID pandemic.

With possible new gun control measures being enacted by the new administration in the United States it is no surprise that first-time gun buyer sales have increased. After all, if something is about to become scares it is only natural for people to want to buy into the market while the items are still relatively easy to acquire. With the current trends in the market, I don’t think we will see too much of a slowdown when it comes to gun sales from reputable manufacturers like Smith & Wesson.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Wasn`t it Bill Ruger that said we didnt need high cap mags, he said 10 rounds was enough (???)
Didnt Springfield Armory also sh!t on the gun culture, too (???)

Good for S&W on the new shield plus. I have several shield models, all have run 100% flawless.
If i have to choose a favorite shield that i own, it would be the latest one i bought. Shield45 PC w/4in barrel (non-ported).
Its a tack driver! Shoots MUCH smoother than my other Shield 45`s. Even smoother that the ported Shield45 3.3 PC`s, and a far better trigger.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Wasn`t it Bill Ruger that said we didnt need high cap mags, he said 10 rounds was enough (???)
Didnt Springfield Armory also sh!t on the
All true but you forgot S&W sidling up with the Clintonistas. John Kerry and other top Dems made a deal with S&W to work on smart gun technology, developed the Hillary Hole and safeguard the population by prescribing safe marketing and sales standards. S&W would benefit by the Government leaving them out of looming lawsuits and such.
The results caused S&W an ownership change and a bunch of pissed off gun people.
I believe S&W has retracted their role in the deal since.
Yet S&W lets the Hillary Hole live on. 😔

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
All true but you forgot S&W sidling up with the Clintonistas. John Kerry and other top Dems made a deal with S&W to work on smart gun technology, developed the Hillary Hole and safeguard the population by prescribing safe marketing and sales standards. S&W would benefit by the Government leaving them out of looming lawsuits and such.
The results caused S&W an ownership change and a bunch of pissed off gun people.
Yup you got me on that debacle, that one had slipped my mind, and i stand corrected for something i had forgotten about.
But i aint no way givin up my M&P`s though, they shoot friggin awesome, for me, lol.

Also, kinda soured me when he said that S&W has plastic plates for the red dot mounting.
I`ve never seen what he`s talkin about there, all my M&P`s with red dots on them came with metal plates right with the gun in the box.
Something new i guess, but i`ve never heard of it until he said it. I`m not denying it, i`ve just never heard or seen them come thru like that.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Yup you got me on that debacle, that one had slipped my mind, and i stand corrected for something i had forgotten about.
But i aint no way givin up my M&P`s though, they shoot friggin awesome, for me, lol.

Also, kinda soured me when he said that S&W has plastic plates for the red dot mounting.
I`ve never seen what he`s talkin about there, all my M&P`s with red dots on them came with metal plates right with the gun in the box.
Something new i guess, but i`ve never heard of it until he said it. I`m not denying it, i`ve just never heard or seen them come thru like that.
I think Walther is putting plastic plates on their new PDP pistol.
Might be the new standard.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I think Walther is putting plastic plates on their new PDP pistol.
Might be the new standard.
Could be, i was looking into their Q5 MATCH this past fall. But i didnt see any plastic plates in the box.
I bet you`re right... Maybe it might be a cost cutting thing is why they are doing it now.
Easier to blow mold plastic vs making metal plates. Makes sense to me anyways.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
500? I’m expecting $1299.99 MSRP at least!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Beyond time for S&W to close the Hillary Hole,before it starts to stink.

241 - 260 of 301 Posts