Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Brazilian Law Enforcement agencies, so surprised they didn't go with the Brazilian gold standard,Taurus.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
CZ In Late Stage Talks to Acquire Colt

Apparently struggling since emerging from bankruptcy in 2016, Colt has likely drawn the eye of potential buyers ever since. Now, thanks to CZ (Česká zbrojovka) parent company CZ Group’s public filings, we know it is attempting to purchase all of Colt’s Manufacturing Company‘s assets and is well along in this process.

Translated from an article in major German newspaper, Die Welt:

…CZ is planning the complete takeover of the world-famous US company Colt – including its Canadian subsidiary. To this end, after research by WELT AM SONNTAG, a declaration of intent was signed. A spokeswoman for CZ Ceská Zbrojovka confirmed the plan in principle to the newspaper.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-cz-in-late-stage-talks-to-acquire-colt/

Reactions: Griddler and Danzig

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
I bet they trim the fat from the bones of the company on the first day of ownership.
Colt has made some very bad business choices over the years. Fatcats first to go.
Any older folks employed will be retired to an early pasture.

This will also drive up the value of EVERY colt original, too.
Now would be the time to buy up what you can, IF, you`re Colt fanboy.
"I bet they trim the fat from the bones of the company on the first day of ownership.
Colt has made some very bad business choices over the years. Fatcats first to go.
Any older folks employed will be retired to an early pasture."

Colt has a lousey business record to it's founding by ole Sam himself and over time it hasn't improved.
The last factory employee that I personally know,said there wasn't much manufacturing going on,it's mostly sales of licensing products.
The once proud pony has become a sad shell of it's former self.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Magpul Announces Their New MBUS 3 Iron Sights

Next gen MBUS Front Sight

The MBUS 3 incorporates the best features, strengths, and value of our original MBUS and MBUS Pro Sights in a feature-packed back-up sight system. Significantly reduced in size from the MBUS, it sits at just .44” when folded and 1.15” at its widest point.

Constructed of our impact-resistant polymer, it’s lightweight and extremely durable and its aesthetics and features are derived from the MBUS Pro line. With the same spring-loaded technology as its predecessor, it can be deployed with an ambidextrous push-button. It sits at standard AR-height when deployed and includes tool-less elevation adjustments and a dual width enhanced front sight.

Features
  • Tool-less elevation adjustment similar to the MBUS Pro and ambidextrous push-button deployment
  • Dual width enhanced front sight similar to MBUS Pro
  • 0.44” high when folded and 1.15” wide at widest point
  • Standard AR-height when deployed
MSRP = $39.95

Next gen MBUS Rear Sight

The MBUS 3 incorporates the best features, strengths, and value of our original MBUS and MBUS Pro Sights in a feature-packed back-up sight system. Significantly reduced in size from the MBUS 3 Rear sits at just .44” when folded and 1.15” at its widest point.

Constructed of our impact-resistant polymer, it’s lightweight and extremely durable and its aesthetics and features are derived from the MBUS Pro line. With the same spring-loaded technology as its predecessor, it can be deployed with an ambidextrous push-button. It sits at standard AR-height when deployed and includes a rapid-select rear aperture system for changing conditions.

Features
  • Rapid-select rear aperture system and ambidextrous push-button deployment
  • 0.44” high when folded and 1.15” wide at widest point
  • Standard AR-height when deployed
MSRP = $59.95

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/magpul-announces-their-new-mbus-3-iron-sights/

Reactions: 202 and Danzig

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
From TFB:
NEW 5.56 AK – The Zastava Arms M90

[TFB GUNFEST] NEW 5.56 AK - The Zastava Arms M90

Zastava Arms arrived at TFB’s GunFest 2021 with the brand new PAP M90 PS. The Serbian made Zastava M90 is being imported by Zastava USA to satisfy customer requests for a full size 5.56 AKM pattern rifle. In addition to its larger size, the Zastava M90 is packed with new features while maintaining the quality and consistency Zastava is known for.

Zastava M90 Gas Block Assembly Installed

The new three-position gas block allows shooters the ability to tune the gun based on conditions, ammunition, and suppressor use. Setting 3 (the most gassed) is used for the first 200 rounds while the rifle is breaking in, and then you can switch to setting 2 for normal use. Setting 1 is the lowest gassed and is for suppressed or high-temperature use.

Adjustments to the gas block can be made by removing the handguard or by lifting up the small leaf spring and rotating the block to its new position.

New Furniture

Zastava M90 Magpul Stock and Grip

In order to make the rifle 922r compliant, Zastava added a new Magpul ZKUKOV-s Stock and MOE Grip to the rear of the rifle. The stock folds out of the way and to the right for transport, and the MOE grip is comfortable and gives the user additional storage space inside the grip.

Zastava Arms M90 Hogue Handguard

At the front of the rifle is a very comfortable OverMolded Handguard from Hogue.

Zastava Arms M90 Handguard

The Hogue rubber handguard is the perfect blend of modern function and comfort. It features additional M1913 Picatinny rails (not pictured) that can be added for to use of accessories.

Zastava USA confirmed also that existing M70 furniture (including wood) would fit the rifle, and that multiple options would be available at launch.

New Polymer Magazines

Zastava M90 Steel and Polymer Magazines

New polymer magazines were also unveiled alongside the Zastava M90 rifle. In addition to the 5.56 magazines already available, Zastava will be bringing new 30 round polymer magazines to the market this year as well.

Zastava M90 Polymer Mag Steel Reinforced Locking Block and Follower

These new polymer magazines feature a rear steel-reinforced locking block as well as a last round bolt hold open (LRBHO) follower. Designed to both meet and exceed military standards, the new polymer LRBHO mags will be available sometime this February and will retail for $24.99. Steel Magazines without LRBHO will still be available for $39.99. Zastava confirmed that one magazine will ship alongside the new M90 rifle.

Final Thoughts and First Shots

[TFB GUNFEST] NEW 5.56 AK – The Zastava Arms M90

First off, a big thank you to Zastava Arms USA CEO Ranko for bringing the M90 to TFB’s GunFest. I had an opportunity to shoot SN#2, and it was everything I could have wanted in a full-size 5.56 AK.

So for those of you who’ve been looking for a full-size 5.56 AK from Zastava, the wait is almost over. With an adjustable gas block, optics rail, and multiple furniture options, the possibilities for the M90 are limitless. I look forward to picking one of these up ASAP.

Zastava PAP M90 PS Features:
  • Barrel Length: 18.25″
  • Barrel Coating: Chrome Lined (Chrome Lined Chamber)
  • Twist Rate: 1:7
  • Muzzle Thread Pitch: 14x1LH
  • Gas System: Long Stroke 3-Position Adjustable
  • Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem
  • Receiver Thickness: 1.5mm
  • Handguard: Hogue Rubber Handguard (w/ rail mounting points)
  • Pistol Grip: Magpul MOE
  • Stock: Magpul ZHUKOV-S (Additional Options Coming After Launch)
  • 922r Compliant Parts: Muzzle break – Foregrip – Pistol Grip – Stock – Magazine
  • Price: TBD (Competitive)
  • Release Date: Pre-Summer 2021
  • ———————————————

• I would suggest to anyone interested to contact the importer and get on a list. I expect semiautomatic imports to be the first thing to go when Biden comes in.
  • Unlike some gun control, the executive has power to do so without legislature’s approval.
Listening to the Zastava interview at the moment.

Reactions: 202

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Safe bet would be $950 plus.
According to Ranko, of Zastava Arms in the interview,said they don't have a MSRP as of yet but indicated more than the M70 but reasonable, so I would say Danzig has it bracketed.

Reactions: Danzig and 202

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
From TFB:
Winchester USA READY DEFENSE Handgun Ammunition

Winchester Ammunition has announced the release of a new defensive handgun ammunition line called USA Ready Defense. Compared to the USA Ready training and practice ammunition that uses flat nose FMJ bullets, the USA Ready Defense ammo is loaded with jacketed hollow-point projectiles that have a design similar to the bullets used in Winchester Ranger One LE ammunition.

Glock 26 pistol.

Winchester USA Ready Defense ammunition will be initially offered in the following three caliber and load options:

• 9mm +P (Bullet weight – 124 grains; Muzzle velocity – 1200 fps; Muzzle energy – 396 ft*lbs)
  • .40 S&W (Bullet weight – 170 grains; Muzzle velocity – 1170 fps; Muzzle energy – 517 ft*lbs)
  • .45 Auto (Bullet weight – 200 grains; Muzzle velocity – 1000 fps; Muzzle energy – 444 ft*lbs)
This ammunition is lot-controlled with ballistic data of each lot published on Winchester’s website. The MSRPs are not yet specified by the manufacturer.

Pictures by Winchester Ammunition, www.winchester.com

—————————————————
Schumer was the one that got the whole Black Talon crisis going, He’s still in the Senate, maybe he’ll try to ban these now.
Too bad none of it will be on dealers shelves anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
[SHOT 2021] XS Sights New Minimalist Night Sights

The Minimalist Night Sights feature a front post with both a tritium dot and a proprietary photoluminescent orange Glow Dot. The idea is that the post will glow brightly in low light, and contrast against the blacked-out rear in bright shooting conditions. The rear notch is blacked-out in an effort to drive the eye to the bright front dot. The serrations and rear-sloping angle aid in keeping light from reflecting back into the shooter’s eyes. The front sight blade is 0.145″ wide, and the rear sight notch is 0.170″ wide.

The sights are made in Texas from U.S. steel bar stock. This is to ensure that not even the biggest butterfingers can drop them into oblivion. They are blued to dissuade rust from building and are resistant to acetone-based cleaning solutions and ultrasonic cleaners. If you find yourself cleaning residue off your front sight frequently, this dot is resistant to buildup and can be easily cleaned with the wipe of a cloth.

If you’re in the market for inexpensive, steel sights to replace your stock irons, keep an eye out for these. The MSRP is $59.99. XS Sights offers a wide variety, from their Big Dot sights to their F8 night sights. All of their offerings can be found on their website. They are also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/01/18/shot-2021-xs-minimalist-night-sights/

https://www.xssights.com/Default.aspx

If they do them in suppressor height sets I think I just found my next sights.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Strike Industries Glock Gen 5 Magwell

The Strike Industries GEN5 Magwell for GLOCK™ G19 was designed to provide easier reloading of the magazine while adding SI styling. With the added front lip of the magwell, this SI magwell gives improved grip support. Keeping to the slender factory design of the pistol grip, the benefit of adding a funnel-like magwell to help prevent the dreaded reload bobble outweighs the added material of this SI G5 Magwell. Add consistency and cut fractions of seconds off your reloads now with the Strike Industries GEN5 Magwell for GLOCK™ 19 while comfortably carrying your pistol on your hip or in your waistband. Compatible with most aftermarket magazine base plates and extensions and especially with the SI Extended Magazine Plate (EMP) for GLOCK™ G19.

Package Contents:
-x1 G5 G19 magwell
-x1 M4 set screw
-x1 2.5mm hex key
Product Features:
-Flared magwell for easier magazine Insertion
-Improved grip support
-Ease of installation
-Lightweight
-High-strength polymer
-Perfect pairing with Strike EMP

COMPATIBILITY:
-GLOCK™ G19/G23 GEN5 w/ and w/o half moon cut
-Designed for the GLOCK™ factory +0 backstrap. Bigger GLOCK™ factory or aftermarket backstraps may need to be modified to possibly work at your own risk
NOT COMPATIBLE: GLOCK™ G19X

Product Specifications:
-LENGTH: 83.15 (with buffer pad)
-WIDTH: 25.25mm (curve to curve)
-HEIGHT: 24mm (flat to curved)
-WEIGHT: 1.0 oz
-WEIGHT W/ PKG: 1.2 oz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
It's a good thing I bought the MCK and not the Roni.
Southlake
The root of the problem is they want them all. I didn't own a bump stock nor never wanted one, but wrote against there banning. It's not the particular item it's the idea that can apply to you name the next item to be banned in the future.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
From TFB:
New Uberti Hardin & Teddy Revolvers and .357 Magnum Additions to “Outlaws & Lawmen” Series
Uberti Hardin & Teddy Revovlers

Wheelgun lovers and cowboy action shooters alike will be happy to know that Uberti USA is expanding the Outlaws & Lawmen Series. In the SHOT Show 2021 days, Uberti USA released two new models and added a .357 Magnum option to two existing ones.

Let’s first see the new models, called Hardin and Teddy, in the words of the manufacturer.
Hardin – 1875 No. 3, 2nd Model Top-Break
Uberti 2021 Hardin

Uberti Hardin

Specifications:
  • Frame: S&W Top-break
  • Caliber: .45 Colt
  • Barrel Length: 7 inches
  • Overall Length: 12.8 in
  • Overall Weight: 2.6 lbs
  • Grip: Two-piece simulated bison horn
  • Finish: Case-colored
  • Cylinder: 6-shot, case-colored
  • Number of Grooves: 6
  • Rate of Twist: 1:16, RH
  • Warranty: 5 years
  • MSRP: $1,479
Teddy – 1873 Single Action Cattleman New Model
Uberti 2021 Teddy

Uberti Teddy

Specifications:
  • Frame: 1873 Colt
  • Caliber: .45 Colt
  • Barrel Length: 5.5 inches
  • Overall Length: 11 in
  • Overall Weight: 2.3 lbs
  • Grip: Simulated ivory
  • Finish: Nickel plated
  • Cylinder: 6-shot, nickel plated
  • MSRP: $1,249
Below you can find the press release about the Outlaws & Lawmen models getting the .357 Magnum option.

Dalton – 1873 Single Action Cattleman New Model – .357 Magnum

Uberti 2021 Dalton .357

[SHOT 2021] Uberti New Models Hardin & Teddy – .357 Magnum Addition – The Dalton .357
Specifications:

• Frame: Colt Single-Action Army
  • Caliber: .357 Magnum
  • Barrel Length: 5.5 inches
  • Overall Length: 11 in
  • Grip: One-piece simulated pearl
  • Finish: Engraved, blued steel/color case
  • Cylinder: 6-shot, fluted and engraved
  • Rate of Twist:1:16, RH
  • MSRP: $1,109
Frank – 1875 Single Action Army Outlaw – .357 Magnum

Uberti 2021 Frank .357

[SHOT 2021] Uberti New Models Hardin & Teddy – .357 Magnum Addition – The Frank .357
Specifications:

• Frame: 1875 Remington
  • Caliber: .357 Magnum
  • Barrel Length: 7.5 inches
  • Overall Length: 13.6 in
  • Grip: simulated ivory
  • Finish: Nickel plated
  • Cylinder: 6-shot, fluted
  • MSRP: $949
More details on these models and the full series can be found on this page of the Uberti USA website.
So three “Outlaws” and only one “Lawman”. Which one would be your choice to bring some “Wild West” feel to this year? Yours truly would definitely have a look at the Hardin… the world needs more top-break revolvers and that blueing looks gorgeous.
Nice selection this year, the down side is unless you plan on using them very casually, plan on spending the money to have them properly tuned so as to not have them eat themselves alive for any serious shooting.

Reactions: RIP

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Inglis Magwell for Polymer 80

Polymer80® customers looking to accessorize their builds can now add the InglisTM polymer magwell for faster, smoother reloads.

Manufactured from UV-resistant, automotive-grade ABS, the InglisTM magwell is sculpted to fit the unique profile of the P80® frames.

The InglisTM magwell is designed to fit all sizes of the 9mm/.40 PF940 frames and the larger PF45 models for fans of the .45 ACP and 10mm. Designed by people who actually carry and/or compete with their guns and demand products that work, the InglisTM magwell installs in minutes and will provide years of worry-free service.

Currently available through the US Rifle website for $24.95, the InglisTM magwell for P80® PF-series frames is shipping now. For additional information or dealer inquiries please contact [email protected]
Well I ordered one, we will see what it looks like. US Rifle is sort of local to me in next door N.H. and I have purchased from them at gun shows,the folks that run it are a stand up couple.

Reactions: Danzig and Kraken

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Well I ordered one, we will see what it looks like. US Rifle is sort of local to me in next door N.H. and I have purchased from them at gun shows,the folks that run it are a stand up couple.
Ok the Ingles mag well arrived today, yes it printed from automotive grade ABS,as it comes out of the package it's difficult to tell it's printed, except for a small portion inside, in the back of the mag well, it's one of the cleaner finished printed items I've seen.

Snaps in place snug and tight,fits very well, looks like it belongs there. Ok now the problem at least for myself. It's the length of the mag well, it comes down far enough,0.4925,so that the magazine base plate is slightly recessed within the mag well.
If one was running a base plate + 2,+5 or you name the extended count,other the the standard OEM,it would be fine as is.
My solution was to sand the bottom of the well aprox .4500,until the Ingles branding was gone from the back bottom to allow use of magazines with standard OEM base plates to allow either finger insertion or the classic palm slam to firmly lock the magazine in place.
So is it perfect as it comes out of the box,no but it certainly meets my expectations and looks like it belongs,depending on ones choice of magazines, now if they added other P 80 frame colors, other than black.

Reactions: Danzig and Olga17

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Swampfox blade etched 1x prism scope now available with amber reticle.

View attachment 240499

I'm going to be experiencing my first SwampFox product, perhaps tomorrow, ordered the Liberator 1 x 22 for 1 of my AR pistols.
I went green circle and dot as my old eyes seems to pickup green better without flaring like red often does if one focuses on it too long, that and I have a uncorrectable astigmatism.
So something you showed me was the Blitzkrieg Components Precision Spike Front Sight Post Body - Luminescent Green

I figure if a dot sight is going to work for my vision the combination of the green circle dot and Blitzkrieg Precision Front Sight Post is my best chance of it working for me.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
did you get the liberator on sale?

yeah im happy with my 1x prism scope from them although i have not shot with it yet, they have really good customer service, i had that issue with the first one i got and was messing with my eyes producing a double image, they paid for return shipping and found it to be defective and shipped me a new one which was perfect
Yes I did get in on the sale under the wire,I followed your post closely and SwampFox's treatment of your problem seemed to me excellent customer service.

Reactions: 3404speed

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
they had the kingslayer on sale for a steal here two weeks ago and i snoozed on it
I think the next time they run a sale,I'm going to jump on the kingslayer.

Reactions: 3404speed

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
im just glad i brought it to their attention, maybe if someone else has that issue they wont think that the person is crazy, i think it also helped that i posted my problem on one of their posts on facebook advertising the same optic lol
Well it arrivied,Luv the reticle, with my astigmatism it works perfect, except for one thing.
Sometimes I can turn it on and sometimes I can't and one has to press much too hard on the on button assuming it comes on, which more often than not it doesn't, going to have to contact them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
From SSD:
CZ Group Announces Purchase of Colt
February 12th, 2021
CZ Group posted the following announcement to social media.

No word on any US government oversight on the deal, considering government small arms contracts, nor the status of a possible, associated purchase of Colt Canada which could have immediate effects on the upcoming DND pistol tender.
Regardless, the deal should breathe some much needed life into the iconic American brand.
If there is any hope of saving the ole beleaguered pony this is it.
If CZ was smart they would completely gut any and all of upper management and try to retain any of the few remains of the craftsmen that colt still had at the factory.

Reactions: Danzig and RIP
1 - 20 of 84 Posts