Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
CZ In Late Stage Talks to Acquire Colt

Apparently struggling since emerging from bankruptcy in 2016, Colt has likely drawn the eye of potential buyers ever since. Now, thanks to CZ (Česká zbrojovka) parent company CZ Group’s public filings, we know it is attempting to purchase all of Colt’s Manufacturing Company‘s assets and is well along in this process.

Translated from an article in major German newspaper, Die Welt:

…CZ is planning the complete takeover of the world-famous US company Colt – including its Canadian subsidiary. To this end, after research by WELT AM SONNTAG, a declaration of intent was signed. A spokeswoman for CZ Ceská Zbrojovka confirmed the plan in principle to the newspaper.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-cz-in-late-stage-talks-to-acquire-colt/

I bet they trim the fat from the bones of the company on the first day of ownership.
Colt has made some very bad business choices over the years. Fatcats first to go.
Any older folks employed will be retired to an early pasture.

This will also drive up the value of EVERY colt original, too.
Now would be the time to buy up what you can, IF, you`re Colt fanboy.

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
A NEW HOPE: Remington 870 Shotguns Begin Production March 1st

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
Wasn`t it Bill Ruger that said we didnt need high cap mags, he said 10 rounds was enough (???)
Didnt Springfield Armory also sh!t on the gun culture, too (???)

Good for S&W on the new shield plus. I have several shield models, all have run 100% flawless.
If i have to choose a favorite shield that i own, it would be the latest one i bought. Shield45 PC w/4in barrel (non-ported).
Its a tack driver! Shoots MUCH smoother than my other Shield 45`s. Even smoother that the ported Shield45 3.3 PC`s, and a far better trigger.

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
All true but you forgot S&W sidling up with the Clintonistas. John Kerry and other top Dems made a deal with S&W to work on smart gun technology, developed the Hillary Hole and safeguard the population by prescribing safe marketing and sales standards. S&W would benefit by the Government leaving them out of looming lawsuits and such.
The results caused S&W an ownership change and a bunch of pissed off gun people.
I believe S&W has retracted their role in the deal since.
Yet S&W lets the Hillary Hole live on. 😔
Yup you got me on that debacle, that one had slipped my mind, and i stand corrected for something i had forgotten about.
But i aint no way givin up my M&P`s though, they shoot friggin awesome, for me, lol.

Also, kinda soured me when he said that S&W has plastic plates for the red dot mounting.
I`ve never seen what he`s talkin about there, all my M&P`s with red dots on them came with metal plates right with the gun in the box.
Something new i guess, but i`ve never heard of it until he said it. I`m not denying it, i`ve just never heard or seen them come thru like that.

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
I think Walther is putting plastic plates on their new PDP pistol.
Might be the new standard.
Could be, i was looking into their Q5 MATCH this past fall. But i didnt see any plastic plates in the box.
I bet you`re right... Maybe it might be a cost cutting thing is why they are doing it now.
Easier to blow mold plastic vs making metal plates. Makes sense to me anyways.

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts