Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a magwell, extended mag release, extended slide stop, steel recoil spring, 3.5 lb connector, slide lock, grip enhancer, and pins.

Can't wait to get to the range.
 

Attachments

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Looks good CBS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am not very "handy" (hey, im an accountant!), but I'm proud that I was able to do all the installation myself.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
CBS said:
Thanks! I am not very "handy" (hey, im an accountant!), but I'm proud that I was able to do all the installation myself.
After you get a look inside of the Glock its really quite simple and easy to work on, don't you think? Great looking weapon, good job!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
david1962hd said:
After you get a look inside of the Glock its really quite simple and easy to work on, don't you think? Great looking weapon, good job!!
thanks! Iwas surprised how easy it was to work on...solid construction, but the parts weren't "tight" to take apart. I was worried i would break something trying to strip it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
thanks! Iwas surprised how easy it was to work on...solid construction, but the parts weren't "tight" to take apart. I was worried i would break something trying to strip it...
Working on a Glock is a breeze! In my experience, the most difficult part of working on a Glock has nothing to do with the gun at all...... It's removing the base plates on the mags!!! Even with all the proper tools, it's still a PITA for me!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
glocker73 said:
Working on a Glock is a breeze! In my experience, the most difficult part of working on a Glock has nothing to do with the gun at all...... It's removing the base plates on the mags!!! Even with all the proper tools, it's still a PITA for me!
Take a look at WWW.MYGTUL.COM, using this I can have about 6 mags took apart, cleaned and put back together in about 3 to 4 minutes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Looks good!

May I make a suggestion? Put the stock recoil spring setup back in.Then after 50 or 100 rounds put the steel in. Why? When you make modifications that affect how the gun shoots, ie trigger parts and springs, it is best not to do them all at the same time. If you find a negative impact on your shooting you will not be able to isolate the cause. Also you may not even like the steel setup.

Add performance altering parts one at a time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
Looks good!

May I make a suggestion? Put the stock recoil spring setup back in.Then after 50 or 100 rounds put the steel in. Why? When you make modifications that affect how the gun shoots, ie trigger parts and springs, it is best not to do them all at the same time. If you find a negative impact on your shooting you will not be able to isolate the cause. Also you may not even like the steel setup.

Add performance altering parts one at a time.
Sorry, I should clarify: I put the recoil spring and mag release in about 2 weeks ago. I've put about 200-250 round through it since. I approached this in two phases: Phase one was extended mag release, magwell and steel recoil spring. Phase two was the trigger and extended slide stop.

Thank you for your comments and you are right....making too many changes at once can unintended consequences.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top