Glock Forum banner

new or used glock,which would you buy?

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  PolishJ 
#1 ·
someone tell me if buying a used glock of any caliber is a good idea?

#4 ·
If you can get a good deal on a used one that's that'd be the way I'd go. If you want a new one join up with GSSF for two years, get the Purchase Cert. and find a participating GSSF dealer. Then you can buy a new Blue Line gun at the GSSF discount price which is an awesome deal IMHO.

#5 ·
TNFrank said:
If you can get a good deal on a used one that's that'd be the way I'd go. If you want a new one join up with GSSF for two years, get the Purchase Cert. and find a participating GSSF dealer. Then you can buy a new Blue Line gun at the GSSF discount price which is an awesome deal IMHO.
Or find a buddy that is military, LEO, EMT to buy it for you at a discount and then buy it from them at same price....

#6 ·
Nothing wrong with a well taken care of used gun! That is all I have bought...except I have a new one on order. Used Glocks typically are great, and much cheaper too!

#15 ·
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I just am weird like that, I buy new. But nothing wrong with used as long as you know it's been looked over.

#16 ·
Are get ur own FFL then u can have all u want lol
I see you have no idea how hard it is to get a Type 01 FFL do ya'.:rolleyes:
Plus, IIRC they cost(or they did coat, probably more now)$300 a year, you need a physical address(not a home) to do business from and you have a boat load of rules to comply with. They're also not for use for personal collections, that's what the Type 03, C&R FFL is for and it only applies to certain firearms.
Just join GSSF for two years, get the Cert for Blue Line gun purchase and be done with it. Much simpler that way.:D

#23 ·
Mike P said:
To me this makes no sense. It's not like a Glock is an over engineered machine or a machine with hand fitted parts such as a 1911. Glock parts are ubber cheap. There's only so much a previous owner could jack up and all could be easily fixed.
I guess I was leaning more towards the legality of the glock, or stolen...not the actual working piece.

#25 ·
Nothing wrong with a good used one with the S/N Ryan's fr legality. Hat being said, my preference in new on all guns except the old one for collecting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.