Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,776 Posts
I've bought more used than new. All were 100%. When I buy used Glocks I prefer exPD, because they usually haven't been modified. Plus you can find them for just over$300.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
If you can get a good deal on a used one that's that'd be the way I'd go. If you want a new one join up with GSSF for two years, get the Purchase Cert. and find a participating GSSF dealer. Then you can buy a new Blue Line gun at the GSSF discount price which is an awesome deal IMHO.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,954 Posts
TNFrank said:
If you can get a good deal on a used one that's that'd be the way I'd go. If you want a new one join up with GSSF for two years, get the Purchase Cert. and find a participating GSSF dealer. Then you can buy a new Blue Line gun at the GSSF discount price which is an awesome deal IMHO.
Or find a buddy that is military, LEO, EMT to buy it for you at a discount and then buy it from them at same price....

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Nothing wrong with a well taken care of used gun! That is all I have bought...except I have a new one on order. Used Glocks typically are great, and much cheaper too!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I prefer to buy new. I like to know how many rounds downrange each of my babies have. There is definitely not anything wrong with buying used though. My first few guns were used, and functioned flawlessly.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Either one is a good investment. I can't wait for my FFL to here. It won't get here soon enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought both of my Glocks used. I bought the 17 from my range instructer who is an armorer and the 26 from the pawn shop that owns the range. I waited a year for the 26. Both are Gen 3 and flawless.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
All my guns are new. I just prefer to buy new.
But, there is nothing wrong with buying a used Glock, or Sig or H&K or any of the premium guns.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I just am weird like that, I buy new. But nothing wrong with used as long as you know it's been looked over.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Are get ur own FFL then u can have all u want lol
I see you have no idea how hard it is to get a Type 01 FFL do ya'.:rolleyes:
Plus, IIRC they cost(or they did coat, probably more now)$300 a year, you need a physical address(not a home) to do business from and you have a boat load of rules to comply with. They're also not for use for personal collections, that's what the Type 03, C&R FFL is for and it only applies to certain firearms.
Just join GSSF for two years, get the Cert for Blue Line gun purchase and be done with it. Much simpler that way.:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
For comparison, my first glock was new, the following two were used. These were back in '01. Last two that I bought this year were new.Go with what makes you happy, but used will function just the same. Has for me...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I only bought a new G17 Gen4 because I got it under the Glock Blue Label plan. It was cheaper than I could find a used one for. However, as tough as Glocks are, I would have no problem buying a used one if the price was right.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
As much as I trust a Glock, I don't trust the previous owner...I buy only new.
To me this makes no sense. It's not like a Glock is an over engineered machine or a machine with hand fitted parts such as a 1911. Glock parts are ubber cheap. There's only so much a previous owner could jack up and all could be easily fixed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts