New night sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by clfarr1997, Feb 20, 2012.

1. clfarr1997

clfarr1997 New Member

Looking at replacing the sights on my G19 and I was wondering what everyone is using and any reports good or bad. Right now I am leaning toward a set of Warren Tacticals two dot.

2. Trotac

Trotac New Member

I've gone completely over to the Ameriglo Pro I-Dots with the orange front sight. They work equally well for "combat shooting" and competition shooting, and I don't have to give up the night site capability. I particularly like the U- Notch and the plain rear sight with un outlined tritium insert. All of that for less than $70 is hard to beat.

[​IMG]

3. clfarr1997

clfarr1997 New Member

Yeah I've been looking at those too. I like the set up and the cost. I would really like to compare those and a set of CAP sights side by side. If I had the money I would open a shop so you could come in and look at all kinds of sights side by side and even give them a go on a range to see how they preform. Maybe one of these days when I retire.

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I have had the trijicons for like 7 years. They work awesome. I just bought some XS big dot sights but I haven't gottten them intalled on my pistol yet. (cuz my old eyes don't focus on the front sight like they used to)

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

My 13 year old mepros are brighter than my 5 year old Trijicons and brighter than my new Glock NS.

I've read about too many ameriglo tubes falling out and slow/poor customer service so I have avoided them.

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Can't speak for their fiber optic sights, but they have always been great to deal with (to me).

7. Those are sweet, I may grab em.....

8. jshahan

jshahan New Member

Be sure to check out TruGlo TFOs! Put em on my 19 & 26 and LOVE them. Pic doesn't do them any justice... These puppies are bright!

Attached Files:

9. Tape

Tape New Member

I use hi-vis fiber optic sights on all my glocks, similiar to Ameriglo & much cheaper

10. pthardin

pthardin New Member

I recently changed out my OEM sights for XS big dots. My bifocals no longer matter!!

11. leb686

leb686 New Member

Agreed, I've been browsing around the night sights. Never seen these there toward the top of my the list now.

12. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Here's a pic of both the red/orange and lime green/yellow mounted. Awesome sights.

Attached Files:

13. Trotac

Trotac New Member

Yep. In good daylight the orange front sight screams at you and demands to be focused upon! Definitely my favorite sights.