Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my first glock tomorrow, a g22 and am also new here. Any recommendations on type s of fairly cheap but reliable ammo would be appreciated as I plan on going through a lot of it haha

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I just received an batch from Freedom munitions and I'am very impressed. Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum bigcountry!! Hope you enjoy your stay an congrats on your new glock purchase!! Blazer ammo is good but cheap ammo for range time.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I use either the Winchester white box or Federal range and target for practice rounds but Glocks aren't picky. They will eat just about any kind of ammo. Enjoy!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
GAgal said:
Welcome to the Forum! I use either the Winchester white box or Federal range and target for practice rounds but Glocks aren't picky. They will eat just about any kind of ammo. Enjoy!
X2 I have never had a problem with any of these.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Bigcountry!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have a ton of Winchester White box and I like it. Right now for range ammo I am using the Wolfe Ammo I bought when 45 acp ammo was hard to come by. It is OK but on occasions I have a Fail to Feed. Just gives me a chance to work on my Malfunction drills:D But I have used S&B in the past with great results also. I shot a 1,000 round Swat Pistol Course put on by LAPD using S&B with 0 problems!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Welcome-

If you're looking just to buy at a local store, look for WInchester WHite Box 100 Bulk Packs and Federal 100 round Bulk Packs.

Next would be stuff like Blazer Brass and PMC Brass.

If you're looking at bulk purchasing, Freedom Munitions has some excellent pricing.

Check out ammoseek.com, plug in your caliber info and it will tell you who has the best pricing. Watch out for places like Cheaper Than Dirt, however. They get you on the shipping. I mean "get" with a capital "RIPOFF".

HTH
D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome to the forum! One thing I see that hasn't been mentioned, Freedom munitions has a brass program. 1lb. of brass = $2.50. Any caliber that they sell. If you go to their page, it is a little more detailed than I am. But basically you can trade in brass almost up to the purchase price, but not exceeding it, to my understandings.

Best of luck, enjoy your G22, and again, welcome to the forums! :D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bigcountry!! Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.