Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just bought my first Glock the other day so I thought I'd introduce myself, call me Trav.

I've been creeping on the forum for a couple of weeks as I looked around for my first pistol purchase. Went down to the local gun shop with a range and took a liking to a Glock 19 Gen 3. So I bought one and am pretty happy with it so far.

Any suggestions on what I should do as I get into it? I am already shopping for night sights :D After that I was thinking some slide plate/Mag well personalization. I'll keep searching around for new ideas and see what you experienced Glock fans like on your guns.

Thanks for the good info and I look forward to learning more from you guys.

-Trav

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Hearty welcome Trav. Good choice on the 19; want to get myself one as soon as the wife agrees it's necessary.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

I've been looking at night sight threads and wondered what's the best bang for the buck? I really like the look of the Speed Sights diamonds but 125 bucks sounds painful for the wallet. What are your thoughts?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Trav!! Enjoy!

·
Dude
246 Posts
Welcome Trav! I have a G4 G19 and I LOVE IT! Check out Ameriglo night sights....They're on my list of to-get items....

And look into a N82Tactical holster or a foxX hybrid! They're both great! (just what I've got in my small collection) If you want to carry at the range, I have a Fobus retention holster that is AWESOME...

This is a great forum, you'll have fun!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Congrats and WELCOME!

As for "making it your own"- the back plate idea is great. There's a thread a few links, one of them is to a custom backplate engraver.

You can always do the polishing thing.

Doing the letters is another thing to do.

Have fun with it!

D

·
Droid on a mission
258 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum but not to Glocks

I have a G17 & G26, both Gen 3

Pretty much standard builds with fixed sights

I don't go for gadgets but love how they shoot

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Trav! I have a G4 G19 and I LOVE IT! Check out Ameriglo night sights....They're on my list of to-get items....

And look into a N82Tactical holster or a foxX hybrid! They're both great! (just what I've got in my small collection) If you want to carry at the range, I have a Fobus retention holster that is AWESOME...

This is a great forum, you'll have fun!
Thanks for the suggestion. That will come in handy at the sportsman's club. Just ordered Speed Sights for it (no tritium) so I will have to try them out once I get them installed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats and WELCOME!

As for "making it your own"- the back plate idea is great. There's a thread a few links, one of them is to a custom backplate engraver.

You can always do the polishing thing.

Doing the letters is another thing to do.

Have fun with it!

D
Thanks for the tips, I love the look of the black slide so I probably will leave that alone. If I do the letters, what can I use that I can peel out later if I want? I'll plan on searching around and seeing what I can find.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum Trav!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After reading thread after thread and putting about 500 rounds through my G19, I have learned a lot about my shooting style and decided to get some new parts for it.

I learned that I am a terrible shot, need to practice, and if I don't focus completely on managing the recoil I will shoot to the left. I also learned I dislike how heavy the stock trigger pull is. I also am struggling to get the stock sights lined up perfect. The white U shape on the back has never done it for me in any gun manufacturer's platform.

So I have a new trigger connector and springs, SS guide rod, and new sights waiting for me at home to be put in and shot this weekend. I am very excited. I got the parts from amazon (seller was Love My Glock i believe) and the sights are speed sights (no tritium, green diamond in front). I'll try to remem Hopefully I'll have a range report after this weekend or next.

Thanks everyone who has contributed to my knowledge and learning through this forum. It's been a big help and I hope to be able to contribute myself as well! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts