New member from the great state of AZ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rodeman, Apr 24, 2012.

1. rodeman

rodeman New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group. I'm looking for my first hand gun which I know will be a Glock. I'm just not sure which one I'll choose at is time. I've been reading posts here for a while and just posted my first comment this evening. Thanks for all your input and opinions. I do appreciate them.

Rodeman

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey Roadman, welcome to the forum!,,

Attached Files:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum rodeman !!

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Welcome. Glad to see so many Arizonans here.

5. I think more than half of my customers come from AZ

6. desertchris

desertchris New Member

Welcome a lot of us az people on here

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Welcome to the forum. Lots of AZ members are planning a get-together soon, keep your eyes peeled.

8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum from ca what model glock do you want to get first?

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Rodeman, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Thank you for the intro, and I hope you find the info you need to help decide on what flavor of Glock will suit you best.

Cheers!

10. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome! I am from Az as well you will like it here!

11. Rawdog602Ss

Rawdog602Ss New Member

Welcome to the forum!

12. rodeman

rodeman New Member

Thanks everyone. As for the model, I'm between a 9mm and a 40 cal but after shooting the G19, I felt it was just a tiny bit too short on my hand. I kept pinching my skin when I'd reload a magazine. Could be technique, but my next trip to the range will be to rent a G17 and a G22 to check size, fit and see what the difference is between the two. I'm a little worried the 40 cal will be too much for my wife if she needs to use it. But I've also never shot a 40 so we'll have to see what it's like first.

13. make sure when you fire the 19 you get the hand between the thumb and pointer finger tucked up tight under the slide. Be mindful of getting too tight because if you get too close the slide will bite you, and that hurts.

14. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

15. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Welcome to the forum, also in in AZ :)

16. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Welcome from Florida ! As for your question there are a few factors to consider before I can reccomend a model .
    Probably the first would be is this going to be for concealed carry ? From there a caliber preference . Then to fit you to a gun do you have large hands ?

17. rodeman

rodeman New Member

Thanks TampaBaySean for the reply. I probably have average hands. As for a caliber, I've shot 9mm many times when I was younger with my fathers 92 Baretta (I think that was the model number). I didn't like that gun because it felt very, very heavy. He also had a .32 I believe, but can't recall and it's been nearly 20 years. I don't recall that one much, but it wasn't as big and heavy as the 92 he had. Just recently I rented and shot a Glock 9mm mid-size. I liked it and got comfortable by the time I had 50 rounds through it, but definitely need more time behind it. I do a lot of reading and listening to what people are saying and why. That's helped me kind of put ideas into place. As for carry style, it would probably be a combination of conceal carry and home protection.