New member from SC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sal, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Sal

Sal New Member

Hello, I am new to the forum... I am a 26 year Navy Veteran so I am no stranger to firearms, but it has been about 10 years since I have had the opportunity to shoot. However, in light of how I view our society (the criminal element that is), I elected to get my wife and I our CWP. I elected to purchase the Ruger SR9C and she the Glock 26 for concealed carry. So with this being said, I have found this forum to be very informative on many different levels.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Sal !!

...and thank you for your service !!

3. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks Shooter13.

4. SHOOTER13

How do you like that Ruger SR9C ?

What's your carry load...?

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Welcome to the forum.
    Great choice on both weapons.
    Glad to see more USN guys coming on board, we might be catching up to all the USMC members.

6. Sal

Sal New Member

Very nice firearm. Light weight, accurate, dependable, very conseable and it eats anything I feed it! I like the Hornady Critical Defense for my carry load.

7. SHOOTER13

Exactly what I carry...185 grain FTX ( .45acp ).

8. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks Birddogyz. I hear ya, but bottom line is we are all one team. Are you still active or retired?

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Hey there Sal. The Birddogyz spent 10 years in riding subs out of Charleston (I'm his wife). He can say all he wants about more Navy guys joining but our son leaves in April for Paris Island. So we will have our own marine in the family soon. :) Welcome to the forum.

10. Sal

Sal New Member

I am using the 115 grain FTX (9mm). Not sure if I want to go much more then that since I am also using this firearm for home protection.

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

See if your wife would like to join as well. I've learned a lot here and it makes for interesting conversation with the spouse. ;-)

12. EMSeight

EMSeight New Member

SC
    HI from another SC fella. Welcome to the big show. There is much to learn here and I'm sure you have much to share as well.

13. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks. One team...One family (Navy/Marine Corp). Congrats on your son joining the Marines. He has all my support!!! Subs...never been there. Spent all my time on the surface. Takes a special person to ride those things.

14. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks EMSeight.

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Welcome, SAL!

Come in and make yourself at home :D

Thank you for wearing our Contry's uniform, and protecting the faceless mob! What kind of vessel/s?

16. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

Welcome shipmate! Looks like Navy is doing well today. I'm retired Navy man as well and just recently picked up a Glock 17. I have a suspicion that guns and ammo will become very hard to come by if we see a second term of a certain someone.

17. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks Happysniper1. Spent most of my time on Amphib Carriers, Destroyers, Minesweepers, Hydrofoils, LPD's and there are a few more I am sure I missed.

18. Sal

Sal New Member

Thanks shipmate! Yeah, I hear you. All are important, but this election is VERY important on many levels.

19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Sal: Any LCACs? Always wanted to try to get a ride on one of those (saw them for the first time Balikatan, fell in love with the power!).

Atlantic or Pacific (or both?)

BTW, I was never in the US Navy, but my Pops had connections and even as kids, my brothers and I enjoyed riding Naval vessels and aircraft. My Dad even rode Marine-One once, with BC....after spending 4 hours with BC and HC (her! ugh!) first in the armored limo and then a regular Humvee when the limo broke down!

I will never forget that one time when we rode a Sea King from the AmEmbassy to the civilian commercial pier area, and as we (our small group) were boarding the USS BLUE RIDGE (LCC-19, flagship, Seventh Fleet), the ding-ding "Attention all Hands. Attention on Deck! Seventh Fleet, Arriving!" Love the Navy!

The USS BLACK (DD-666) was named in honor of a very distant relative of ours, LtCmdr Hugh David Black.

Being from a family distantly related to surface warships and ASW (the "real" Navy!), never trust a bubblehead! They are a sneaky bunch! Especially the nucs...you can tell them from other submariners by the faint glow around them, HEH-HEH-HEH :D:D:D (-j/k)

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy