Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm new and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I recently ordered a Gen 3 G23 to a local FFL and it will be my first handgun. I'm looking forward to getting it, shooting it and getting comfortable with it, and eventually getting my IN carry permit after I feel comfortable enough shooting with it!

I hope to learn quite a bit from this forum and I hope that there are many here who can help me in my Glock journey!

A little bit about myself: I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting (obviously), reading, writing, cooking, exercise, music, philosophy, and libertarian politics (I worked for the Ron Paul 2012 campaign in Iowa).

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
Dang you like a lot of things. Welcome to the Glock Forum. Have fun and shoot safe.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on the Southside sort of near Greenwood.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, they certainly are expensive hobbies, that's for sure. But they're ones that are practical to a certain extent in that many of them make me fairly independent. I guess that runs parallel to my political beliefs in a way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome JW93! The gen3 G23 was my first handgun as well, and you'll love it. You will also find a wealth of invaluable info on this forum.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Glockwood! Any tips on first time shooting of it? Feel free to respond or PM me on that question. So far, I've only heard good things about it. I was planning on getting a G19, but they were all out so I figured I'd just get a G23 before handgun prices inflated anymore. I did however do lots of research before deciding on getting the G23, so it wasn't an impulse buy by any means.

·
Registered
143 Posts
jameswilliam93 said:
Thanks Glockwood! Any tips on first time shooting of it? Feel free to respond or PM me on that question. So far, I've only heard good things about it. I was planning on getting a G19, but they were all out so I figured I'd just get a G23 before handgun prices inflated anymore. I did however do lots of research before deciding on getting the G23, so it wasn't an impulse buy by any means.
Just get out there and enjoy yourself shooting it. I know you must be chomping at the bit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed, there's quite a good-sized shooting community here. I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan of this state, but we have great gun laws and no mag restrictions. I have friends in the Northeast and Illinois who have to possess a FOID before they can think of buying even a .22LR rifle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts