Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a fairly new member and wanted some feedback on small safes for my G21. I carry a G19, but my love is still for my G21 and I want a small safe for it. It'll be used to travel with it but mostly home storage and storage at my cabin. I often fish and hunt, so it be great to store it in the truck or cabin while in the boat or in the woods. I keep going back towards the sentry safe 0500. Anyone familiar with it? I currently own a 1100 for documents, but only a stack-on for rifle/shotgun. It doesn't need to be for quick access, but just so it doesn't sit in the open where my daughter could see it.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
There are so many to choose from, sentry makes different models and sizes, gun vault makes the smaller travel safes and biometric ones... There are other companies also who do similar safes up to and including the larger room safes (I use a gun vault vehicle safe mounted securely in my truck and a biometric strategically placed in my home)

If you're looking for something small and effective I'd recommend a biometric safe... It costs a bit more than a generic gun safe but it's worth it for the security of your handgun IMHO...

It's all a matter of preference though, hope this has helped you out to point you in the right direction and please let us know what you decide on :)

Also a big welcome to the forum and glad you have joined us here, it's a pleasant community that polices itself for the most part and we take care of our own here, really couldn't find a better place to find info and make friends :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If all you need is a way to secure it in your truck or cabin, a great, inexpensive, option is http://center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm. They have other options as well. I have the long hinge combo. I like it. Fits right under the seat and when it does slide out, onto the right rear floor, it matches my Jeep's grey carpet fairly well. :)

I wish they made their console vault for more vehicles, or that I had a vehicle that they make one for. Turning your whole center console compartment into a safe is awesome!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Hoppy G21 keep looking around lots of other great stuff here. Enjoy

·
Registered
45 Posts
jonm61 said:
If all you need is a way to secure it in your truck or cabin, a great, inexpensive, option is http://center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm. They have other options as well. I have the long hinge combo. I like it. Fits right under the seat and when it does slide out, onto the right rear floor, it matches my Jeep's grey carpet fairly well. :)

I wish they made their console vault for more vehicles, or that I had a vehicle that they make one for. Turning your whole center console compartment into a safe is awesome!
I have never seen those before but they look cool. How long have you had yours. Have you had any problems with yours?

·
Super Moderator
74,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hoppyg21.
This is the place to find out anything about anything.
How about some pics of that g21 and g19????

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Hoppyg21! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies so far! I've also been checking out the option to turn my center console into a safe in my f150 FX4. A lot of guys have done it on the F150 forum. I'm going by Academy Sports later this afternoon to check out some ideas. I'll get some more pictures up soon, but here is one so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have never seen those before but they look cool. How long have you had yours. Have you had any problems with yours?
Oh, 3, maybe 4 years. The only "problem", I guess you can call it, is that the cable occasionally slips out of it's pass through slot. This is easily avoided, and I do avoid it most of the time, but if I'm trying to do it one handed or in a hurry, that's when it seems to slip out and annoy me. :)

I have the cable secured to the back of the inside track of the driver's seat and the safe rests on the rear passenger floor, so it's easy for me to reach. If it's out of reach or under the seat, I just grab the cable and yank it to me. I got the combination lock so I can access it without having to take my keys out of the ignition.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jonm61 said:
Oh, 3, maybe 4 years. The only "problem", I guess you can call it, is that the cable occasionally slips out of it's pass through slot. This is easily avoided, and I do avoid it most of the time, but if I'm trying to do it one handed or in a hurry, that's when it seems to slip out and annoy me. :)

I have the cable secured to the back of the inside track of the driver's seat and the safe rests on the rear passenger floor, so it's easy for me to reach. If it's out of reach or under the seat, I just grab the cable and yank it to me. I got the combination lock so I can access it without having to take my keys out of the ignition.
Okay thanks for the info. I think I am going to buy myself one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
jonm61 said:

How are these compared to the gunvault nanovault?

How thick is the metal?

·
Registered
58 Posts

i'm seeing the short hinge sole under serveral different brand names. the reviews on these sytle cases note that they can easily open by prying with a screwdriver. the one by gunvault is made from a little heavier material - 18ga instead of 21ga. have not seen the long hinge verison anywhere else..

lockstate has a bio version

also branded by stack-on. check out the youtube vids for stack-on's handgun safe.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I like the billion dollar nonfire safe on that site!
Sentrysafedrop.com's fault NOT Sentrys.

When it comes to fireproof document safes I reccommend Sentry.

NO WAY would I reccommend them for the storage of firearms simply because the water content is so high.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have used the Franzen Industries ARMLOC case for years. Mechanical - no batteries - 3 number combination, TSA compliant. We like it very much. Has Key backup.

We also have Gun Vault models: Mini and Micro's. These have the battery operated finger sequence function - which we like alot as they are fast. They have Key back up. TSA Compliant.

We use all of these models for travel - we use a cable to secure our cases in hotel rooms.

We like both mfg's very much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
checkout v-line, fortknox for handguns or a shotlock 1911 solo vault...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts