New member. Best ccw holster for g19?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by deadlift560, May 14, 2012.

1. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

My wonderful wife surprised me with a g19 today :) I need a holster, something ccw, thinking small or back. Wouldnt mind something I can draw out of that the holster will stay still. Also if I can use it on my back, front, and side, even better. Something cheap would be great

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Last edited: May 14, 2012

3. Robert

Robert New Member

Hands down http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/

I can carry my G19 all day long as in 14 hours in total comfort. And I've used this concealment holster in IDPA fun shoot competitions.

Love it, every one of my friends who have tried these holsters are still wearing them today. =)

4. neem19

neem19 Just trying to stay warm

I carry a g19 in a White Hat Holsters MaxxTuck. I love mine. I've had it for a couple months and it is very comfortable.

Welcome by the way!!

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Just so happens that we have a native here at the forum who makes holsters. MikeP at defensiveholsters.com.

I personally use a crossbreed super tuck. I like the kydex holsters from mike but the leather feels better on my hip...

Attached Files:

6. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I need something that doesn't require a belt

7. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

All of the above are good choices for holsters, as for SOB carry be careful as a bad fall may lead to spinal injury. SOB is the only way I will not carry for this reason. Good luck and try several different positions while in front of a mirror, you will find what works for you.

8. Mike P @ defensiveholsters.com is the only way to go

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You can't go wrong with any of the vendors on this site. They all make high quality holsters. You just need to decide what style suits you best. I personally have a crossbreed supertuck (very similar to Foxx Holsters - vendor), RCS Phantom Modular (very similar to TROTAC & Defensive Holsters - both vendors), and will be receiving an appendix rig from TROTAC.

The crossbreed I use for IWB at the 4-5 oclock position
    The RCS I use for OWB, but can also be used IWB
    The TROTAC appendix is IWB

The first two were purchased before I knew anything about these guys, but I would not hesitate in the least.

I also would not recommend SOB carry...just my opinion.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

N82 has some nice holsters.

n82tactical.com

Many of those listed already would work best with a belt. There are some concealed carry options with a holster/pouch built in to the clothing or that utilize a strap...similar to a fanny pack.

bellybandccw.com
    www.smartcarry.com

Disclaimer: I have no experience with the above two options. Others may like them while some would say they hate them. You can check them out though.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I recommend you use a belt, any holster you choose will be much more comfortable and provide that retention you said you desire upon drawing the weapon.

12. Robert

Robert New Member

Well said.

13. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

What's something decent for around 20-$50?

14. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Was just asking if there was any other opinions. I already understand what was already indicated bud lol

15. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcom to the forums "deadlift560"

Check out the Remora holster.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk[/ame]

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

17. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

18. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

In order for a holster or gun to stay put when you draw you'll need a belt, or else you'll be like those guys you see on Cops with the gun falling out of your pant leg. What kind of holster do you want, IWB OR OWB? Kydex, leather or even a hybrid? Mike P's holsters are good to go. I personally run Blackhawk Serpas and kydex holsters from leadfarmerinc.com. But you can't go wrong with the suggestions from the forum, all are good holsters but it comes down to your comfort and how you run your gun.