Glock Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
8,654 Posts
So will he have to leave his guns here with me until after get is NJ Firearms and Purchase ID then I'll have to ship them to an FFL up there?
Yep, the easiest way to go.

· Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Bottom line, I don't care work or otherwise, he's got to look at the big picture. If I was a multi-millionaire, I would not move to NJ. I've been stranded here for the last 38 of my 61 years. If you love your family, your health and your sanity DO NOT MOVE TO NJ.

It is the armpit of the USA. It's the most populous state in the union and in the summer it grows by another 1/4.

You move here, you live like a rat in a crowded cage of rats.

Know why the auto insurance is so high in NJ? Ever see the show, "Ice Road Truckers" when they go to India? Well, Bubba, NJ has the highest population of Indians outside of India. And they all drive like those nit-nats back in India.

Property taxes? I know some low-end medium incomers that pay up as $9000 a year.

Thanks to the politicians, NJ is no longer the home of the cheapest gas, although still much cheaper than NY.

Tolls on the tunnels and bridges to NYC are $12. The NJ turnpike...toll road. The Garden State Parkway...toll road. The Atlantic City Expressway...toll road.

If you smoke, $8 per pack. Buy them here if your job has you commuting to NYC. It's $12 per pack over there.

The icing on the cake? The 7% NJ Sales Tax.

It's like the old TV commercial Gov. Whitman used to appear on...
"New Jersey and you, perfect together."

Yep! Just like Tex-Mex chili and hemorrhoids.:mad:

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,494 Posts
Kmurray96 said:
Bottom line, I don't care work or otherwise, he's got to look at the big picture. If I was a multi-millionaire, I would not move to NJ. I've been stranded here for the last 38 of my 61 years. If you love your family, your health and your sanity DO NOT MOVE TO NJ.

It is the armpit of the USA. It's the most populous state in the union and in the summer it grows by another 1/4.

You move here, you live like a rat in a crowded cage of rats.

Know why the auto insurance is so high in NJ? Ever see the show, "Ice Road Truckers" when they go to India? Well, Bubba, NJ has the highest population of Indians outside of India. And they all drive like those nit-nats back in India.

Property taxes? I know some low-end medium incomers that pay up as $9000 a year.

Thanks to the politicians, NJ is no longer the home of the cheapest gas, although still much cheaper than NY.

Tolls on the tunnels and bridges to NYC are $12. The NJ turnpike...toll road. The Garden State Parkway...toll road. The Atlantic City Expressway...toll road.

If you smoke, $8 per pack. Buy them here if your job has you commuting to NYC. It's $12 per pack over there.

The icing on the cake? The 7% NJ Sales Tax.

It's like the old TV commercial Gov. Whitman used to appear on...
"New Jersey and you, perfect together."

Yep! Just like Tex-Mex chili and hemorrhoids.:mad:
Good stuff:)
Before all the Indians showed up I was paying crazy insurance in the 1980's. The politicians are directly beholden to the insurance companies for decades.
My brother runs up to Oklahoma for cigarettes because it's $5 a pack in Texas!
New Jersey was a great place it's terrible what happened there. California is going through the same thing. I've seen a bunch of California plates in North Texas lately.

· Registered
88 Posts
In addition to the mandatory prison sentence for possession of hi cap magazines, I thought evil assault weapons were banned. I remember people with M1A's having to sell them in PA with proof going to the NJ State Police or surrendering them. That was in the 90's when they instituted their assault gun ban.
Yes it is 5yrs in prison! The only m1a that is illegal is the chinese junk!Their rec is marked m14s.At least nj alows any m1a-m14 aslong as it is not marked m14s. LRB are illegal in nj because their rec is marked m14sa! I built a m14 by 7.62 their receiver is marked m14nm I used a all TRW parts kit to build. 7.62 marks their receiver like TRW!And that rifle is a very accuirate rifle.In nj it is a little hard to stay legal here. They pass new laws and the media does not say a word about either!Like this year they are enforcing their one handgun in 30 days. Last yr if you were a day early they would delay you for 5 days. Now you get denied and become a FELON!You must buy on the 31st day. nj is tough on legal firearm owners!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.