Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that if you are not a resident of NJ and hold a license you can't purchase, loan or borrow, ammo if you caught short at a match.

That's ruff stuff where I come from:(!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
Hell, if you got pulled over going to and from the match you'd probably go to jail for illegal possession of a firearm.

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
Yep.

Proud NJ Survivor.
Same here I had no freedoms in jersey and a fat f*** as a governor

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
The Governor is the least of the problems. Gov. Florio was chief ass in charge when I fled. He killed off certain industries and nearly got reelected. The legislature has been throwing out antigun schemes for as long as I remember with no end in sight.
Gun owners are such a minority they have no numbers to change government and are trod upon constantly.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I just read that if you are not a resident of NJ and hold a license you can't purchase, loan or borrow, ammo if you caught short at a match.

That's ruff stuff where I come from:(!
True. Think it's a class C felony if I remember correctly.

Used to live in NJ, before getting into shooting. Won't live there ever again because of their draconian views on firearms.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Speaking of asinine laws...I'm Federal LEO in Oklahoma. If I were to visit Komifornia and carried my weapon with me off-duty, I would not be allowed to have JHP ammo in my gun. I would only be allowed to carry FMJ in my concealed weapon. Crazy!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Speaking of asinine laws...I'm Federal LEO in Oklahoma. If I were to visit Komifornia and carried my weapon with me off-duty, I would not be allowed to have JHP ammo in my gun. I would only be allowed to carry FMJ in my concealed weapon. Crazy!!!
SSDD!! Because the criminals use it we can't have it!! Like it really stops the criminals! Outlaw guns and ammo and only criminals will have guns and Ammo!! Homie don't play that!! I will move to Mars if they outlaw guns on Earth!!!

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
In jersey hollow points are considered "cop killers" so they are banned

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
This is what happens when you have a gun ignorant government and population. I'd say BP vest wearing by uniformed cops is 99% in NJ. If I had to take a bullet with a vest I'd take the hollow point but Cop killer sounds good. What "reasonable" person would want Cop killer bullets out there? What "reasonable" person needs high cap magazines? What sporting purpose do evil military style weapons serve?
The slippery slope of gun laws has been demonstrated in NJ and continues. California is heading for that Utopia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hollow Points become illegal in N.J. if they are used in conjunction of a crime. Perfectly legal to buy in your LGS or have them shipped to you from online retailers.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
SideOrder said:
Hollow Points become illegal in N.J. if they are used in conjunction of a crime. Perfectly legal to buy in your LGS or have them shipped to you from online retailers.
If you used them against an attack in your home I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you with poss. of banned bullets, not to mention the fact you have a duty to retreat in your own home! At least when I lived there.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
That changed brudder. No handgun ammo can be shipped to a home address in NJ anymore.

Es verboten ist! ? Zu verstehen?

And JHP is LEO (and not retired, either) purchase only.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
which makes no sense really since you can only shoot at a range. NJ will prosecute you for defending your home, and if you have HP you may as well sign a full confession.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
which makes no sense really since you can only shoot at a range. NJ will prosecute you for defending your home, and if you have HP you may as well sign a full confession.
AND tell them you were the shooter on the grassy knoll.:eek:

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Just ordered some HP's from GA Arms last week, and on their checkout page they made purchasers check a box if they're a NJ resident in order to electronically confirm that they had the proper paperwork to buy ammo.

Wonder if some online vendors are just not bothering to send to NJ any more because of legal pressures.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Where did you hear you can't carry Hollow Points in CA? Something new ? I carry just about every day in Ca and carry Hydra-Shoks! Were you thinking NJ? I know they have a No HP rule even for off duty out of state Cops although I have heard that NJ cops can now carry HP (BTW If any of this is wrong please correct m as I am only going by what NJ Cops have told me).

·
Registered
18 Posts
That changed brudder. No handgun ammo can be shipped to a home address in NJ anymore.

Es verboten ist! ? Zu verstehen?

And JHP is LEO (and not retired, either) purchase only.
Respect your LEO status, but you better check on that again.

All my Ammo recently has been purchased online from Cabelas and Ammo Depot in FL. All shipped to a NJ home address. I took a trip to Casos's in Jersey City, and bought JHP for my G21. Never asked for any LEO ID.

I concur about using it, but I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. If its my life or them, going to be them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts